kawasaki boss

songhklasid

I semi semi retiring at my house in sankhaemphang, chiang mai, soon, a 1 owner kawasaki boss has come up for sale in the village, I plan to do mai hong son loop, & various others, my previous bikes have been small honda's, I'm open to comments & opinions as to the boss, it's about 10years old,

cheers songhklasid.

The Kawasaki Boss 175, is actually a Bajaj Avenger 175 – it was at the time a very reliable and good performing motorcycle. Most people who selected the Honda Phantom AT200 only bought it because Honda had the better name... especially 15 to 10 years ago.

The Kawasaki Boss 175 (127.8 kilograms dry) was actually lighter than the Honda Phantom AT200 (140 kilograms dry), while producing about the same amount of performance. Also the overal length of the Kawasaki Boss 175 was a bit shorter making it easier to ride in busy traffic… The Honda Phantom AT200 had the size specs of a big bike without the power of a big bike. The Kawasaki Boss was much easier to ride…

The Kawasaki Boss 175 was designed and build by Indian Bajaj Auto, a company that works with and partly owns Kawasaki Powersports, Baja Auto also owns something like 49% of KTM, and has a finger in Chinese manufacturer CFmoto (best known for its Kawasaki ER6N copies)…

A Kawasaki Boss 175 in good condition sales for 30,000 to 40,000 THB, I'm pretty sure you cannot buy a Honda CB300 for that amount of money. If the OP want a new motorcycle, but not want to pay much more he could look for a new Lifan LF200GY-2a which cost 47,000 THB and comes with 2-years warranty and all parts are guaranteed available…

Some spare parts for the Kawasaki Boss 175 and the Honda Phantom AT200 are becoming harder to get.

Lifan200...and all parts are guaranteed available…

noooo.

not shifter drum

It would be weird if Lifan HQ not have the Gearshift drum art. 1712024211 not on stock. What happens often is that up-country dealers tell customers that Lifan has no stock at the moment, just because they don’t want to order only one part.

You therefore best call Lifan Bangkok, and ask for the parts service and ask if they have the Gearshift Drum art 1712024211 for the Lifan LF200GY-5A on stock… telephone 02-8945-940 or 02-894-5941

Your theory is very interesting.

Our up-country [Pattaya] dealer

has no parts in stock,

no parts book

nor a Lifan 200.

They did order one part for me last week, a 20baht rubber tank pad, so...

I have contacted dealer, BKK, & China twice each with parts number for drum.

No lucky.

Your theory is very interesting.

Our up-country [Pattaya] dealer

has no parts in stock,

no parts book

nor a Lifan 200.

They did order one part for me last week, a 20baht rubber tank pad, so...

I have contacted dealer, BKK, & China twice each with parts number for drum.

No lucky.

Contacting China is a bit useless for Lifan LF200GY-5A parts, as the model is manufactured in Thailand…