The motorcycle helmet issue and Thai roadways

canathai8

220 kph Depends what road the outlook and condition it's only just under 140 mph which some bikes can do in 3rd. whistling.gif

NAME please all the countries where riding a bike at 140mph on pubic roads is legal ...................................

I'll try and answer again, for sure answered before, can't think why it was removed wasn't that nasty IMO. biggrin.png

Ok Thailand Kilo speed limits 80, 90 & 120 ( 75 mph ) on Motorways 15px-Sinnbild_Kraftrad.svg.png Prohibited, so I guess motorbikes and what is termed in Thailand as big bikes are restricted to 90 kph ( approx 56 mph ). sad.png

In answer to your post with pleasure, where you can be over 140 mph ( 225 kph) or more legally.

1. In some parts of Queensland state Australia and a few other states there are no speed limits.

2. In Germany autobahns ( motorways ) no speed limit, 130 kph is advisory, I did 185 mph ( 296 kph ) approx on my Honda Fireblade there it was great. thumbsup.gif

3. Finally no speed limit in Libya on motorways as long as ISIS or war damage is not in the way. laugh.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the roadways that are dangerous,

rather the drivers.

Not necessary, the roads can be more dangerous than other drivers, a lot of them are full of potholes and ruts caused by heavy lorries particularly in the first lane on highways.

Have you ever driven faster than the legal limit of 90kph?

That can't be safe.

That can't be safe.©

Have any proof?

rolleyes.gif

Montana recorded its lowest highway death rate in 1995, during an era when the state had no daytime highway speed limit. Since daytime speed limits were imposed in 1999, the death rate has been consistently higher. This evidence seems to debunk the idea that slower automatically equals safer.

Federal and state studies have consistently shown that the drivers most likely to get into accidents in traffic are those traveling significantly below the average speed. According to an Institute of Transportation Engineers Study, those driving 10 mph slower than the prevailing speed are six times as likely to be involved in an accident that someone driving 10 mph over.

Two of the safest highway systems in the world are in Germany, where speed limits on 70 percent of the Autobahn are unrestricted, and in Italy, where the highway speed limit is 96 miles per hour. You can say what you want about the differences in driver education and infrastructure between the U.S. and those countries, but the facts remain the same

whistling.gif

fact tell it more safe in highest speed

Do you think this is over the top for Thailand? I have one from UK where i had a big bike, maybe not right for a scooter? Ok it will save me but i don't want to look like a knob for 99% of the time.

8e18656003de6902845b95d0cd4890af.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

Do you think this is over the top for Thailand? I have one from UK where i had a big bike, maybe not right for a scooter? Ok it will save me but i don't want to look like a knob for 99% of the time.

8e18656003de6902845b95d0cd4890af.jpg

Lots of people in Thailand wear these full face, good helmet mind you don't have it nicked. biggrin.png

That can't be safe.

That can't be safe.©

Have any proof?

rolleyes.gif

Montana recorded its lowest highway death rate in 1995, during an era when the state had no daytime highway speed limit. Since daytime speed limits were imposed in 1999, the death rate has been consistently higher. This evidence seems to debunk the idea that slower automatically equals safer.

Federal and state studies have consistently shown that the drivers most likely to get into accidents in traffic are those traveling significantly below the average speed. According to an Institute of Transportation Engineers Study, those driving 10 mph slower than the prevailing speed are six times as likely to be involved in an accident that someone driving 10 mph over.

Two of the safest highway systems in the world are in Germany, where speed limits on 70 percent of the Autobahn are unrestricted, and in Italy, where the highway speed limit is 96 miles per hour. You can say what you want about the differences in driver education and infrastructure between the U.S. and those countries, but the facts remain the same

whistling.gif

Maybe speed should be another topic because helmets are not alone in risk when it comes to speed they become only wind, bird and fly protection. laugh.png

I have been off topic to but I agree on your post but I guess many wouldn't.

Everyone creeping around at say 25 mph would be safe maybe.

I remember the UK police recommending 80 mph ( 128 kph ) instead of 70 mph ( 112 kph ) on motorways.

I used motorways a lot and passed police cars doing 70 also had police come along side and do the slow down wave signal to you if going just over 80. thumbsup.gif

That can't be safe.

That can't be safe.©

Have any proof?

rolleyes.gif

whistling.gif

Maybe speed should be another topic because helmets are not alone in risk when it comes to speed they become only wind, bird and fly protection. laugh.png

I have been off topic to but I agree on your post but I guess many wouldn't.

Everyone creeping around at say 25 mph would be safe maybe.

I remember the UK police recommending 80 mph ( 128 kph ) instead of 70 mph ( 112 kph ) on motorways.

I used motorways a lot and passed police cars doing 70 also had police come along side and do the slow down wave signal to you if going just over 80. thumbsup.gif

On speedway dangerous slow drivers.

And yes its oftopic.

but I gave this example as proof.
And I do not believe that the violation of various rules are equally dangerous.
never read in any statistic it without a helmet is safer than wearing a helmet.