How to treat 'katoey': Thai Transgender Alliance hands out guidelines to military

webfact

How to treat 'katoey': Thai Transgender Alliance hands out guidelines to military
By Prae Sakaowan

draft2.jpg
Transgender twins at a military draft. Photo: @Ungink

'Don't ask to see their breasts or if they still have a penis'

BANGKOK: -- These are just some of the behaviors Thai military officers should cut out when it comes to transgender draftees, according to new guidelines released by Thai Transgender Alliance for Human Rights (TGA).

The "When You Meet A Katoey" manual, recently released in both Thai and English languages, aims to guide military officers on how to properly treat transgender individuals on their conscription day, as some officers reportedly still behave towards transgender conscripts in ways that could violate their privacy.

“In some regions, violations of human rights still occur because military officers do not understand katoeys. For example, officers mocked and embarrassed them, asked to see their breasts or if they have had a sex change operation,” Ronnabhumi Sammakkarom, president of TGA, told Coconuts.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/02/23/how-treat-katoey-thai-transgender-alliance-hands-out-guidelines-military

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-02-24

For a moment I thought this was a military issued guideline. Silly me. Instead, it is a TGA wish-list, on top of the existing exemption from conscription.

I wonder if the same applies in other countries that have or had conscription - Oz, UK, USA, Greece, to name a few.

If the Thai military had a platoon of ladyboys, they will be win every war with minimum efforts

and casualties, those ferocious guys/gals are as fierce as in not more than the army's rangers

elite unit....

When a Gurkha kathoey draws his kukri stilletto, the weapon cannot be sheathed put back on his foot "until it has drawn blood".

Edited by Briggsy

If the Thai military had a platoon of ladyboys, they will be win every war with minimum efforts

and casualties, those ferocious guys/gals are as fierce as in not more than the army's rangers

elite unit....

win every war with minimum efforts and casualties

...because their battles will be set as a musical?

elite unit....

When a Gurkha kathoey draws his kukri stilletto, the weapon cannot be sheathed put back on his foot "until it has drawn blood".

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good one!

if they can have women in the Army why not katoey? I can't think of a more frightening sight than a regiment of mincing katoey's charging down on the enemy with fingernails at the ready and handbags swinging

Dont forget their high heels either

Wait 'till they find out they can't wear make up (unless it's camo) ...maybe that's the plan.... scary katoey with no make up...enemies will be running just at the mere sight....(hope the enemy keeps his valuables on a chain by the way) wai2.gif

Edited by kaiyaibob

if they can have women in the Army why not katoey? I can't think of a more frightening sight than a regiment of mincing katoey's charging down on the enemy with fingernails at the ready and handbags swinging

and and and, high heeled shoe swinging, they are dangerous!! I wouldn't mind sharing a foxhole with a few I have seen, as long as I didn't have to hear him/her talk,I'm fine with it.whistling.gif

and and and, high heeled shoe swinging, they are dangerous!! I wouldn't mind sharing a foxhole with a few I have seen, as long as I didn't have to hear him/her talk,I'm fine with it.whistling.gif
Are sure it's called foxhole?

I read they don't have women. The point is kathoey are genetically men that somehow decided they want to be women which doesn't make them women so of course they will be treated like men and they are men in the eyes of the law in thailand.

How to treat 'katoey'

Like a girl with a deep voice. Myself and my family don't care. Not my cup of tea, but whatever make one happy. That's a true conservative view.

"But you sound like a liberal?"

Nope. I have no problem with Katoeys, but if Bob down the street does, that's Bob's business. I don't support laws dictating that Bob has to think the way I do.

"You a LBGT Hater!!!"

Nope. Go to the top of my post and read the first sentence. Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Wait 'till they find out they can't wear make up (unless it's camo) ...maybe that's the plan.... scary katoey with no make up...enemies will be running just at the mere sight....(hope the enemy keeps his valuables on a chain by the way) wai2.gif

I think I'd rather have an unmodified katoey covering my flank (poor choice of words), errr in my foxhole (still not good wording). Oh heck. A chick with lot of testosterone will still build muscle and can't kick the crap out of most women, and once bulked up, a lot of men. Just saying.

But gals in the field? Not so much. But if GI Jane can keep up, why not. But she should meet the same physical standards as a man. A motivate Katoey would have no problem.

post-87058-0-26874600-1456389882_thumb.j

Edited by connda