Locals Pray for Second Miracle from Wrecked Plane

snoop1130

Locals Pray for Second Miracle from Wrecked Plane

Chayanit Itthipongmaetee

14563915511456391568l.jpg

Locals pray for lottery fortune at the site of a crashed plane Thursday in Nakhon Phanom province.

NAKHON PHANOM The tapioca field where two pilots walked away from a plane crash Wednesday became today a source of divine fortune for some local residents.

Villagers on Thursday converged on the site of the accident in search of the planes lucky registration number a day after the small training aircraft went down with a teacher and student aboard from Nakhon Phanom Universitys International Aviation College.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456391551

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2016-02-25

Phra Ajarn Boon-oom Apassaro, a monk at Wat Pa Non Pang, also arrived at the scene Thursday to survey the fuselage, as it was he who just two years ago anointed the plane with holy water.

This is a bigger joke than the locals coming to look for lottery numbers.

if I am ever in the market to buy a plane I don't think I will get this monk to bless it. he don't seem to have a good track record blessing planes_____

Villagers on Thursday converged on the site of the accident in search of the planes lucky registration number a day after the small training aircraft went down___ I think the villagers were a bit late trying to find the planes reg number,, I reckon the 2 guys flying the plane had already purchased all the tickets available with those numbers the moment they got out of the wreck

Edited by excalibur2000

Phra Ajarn Boon-oom Apassaro, a monk at Wat Pa Non Pang, also arrived at the scene Thursday to survey the fuselage, as it was he who just two years ago anointed the plane with holy water.

Apparently the monk's holy water had an "Expiration Date" of less than two years otherwise the plane shouldn't have crashed.

Maybe he has come to checkout his good work, without the holy water they wouldn't have survived.

I would have thought that the lucky numbers are on the planes that didn't crash. Maybe its a cargo cult thing.

Cult behaviors usually involved mimicking the day-to-day activities and dress styles of US soldiers, such as performing parade ground drills with wooden or salvaged rifles.[14] The islanders carved headphones from wood and wore them while sitting in fabricated control towers. They waved the landing signals while standing on the runways. They lit signal fires and torches to light up runways and lighthouses.[citation needed] In a form of sympathetic magic, many built life-size replicas of airplanes out of straw and cut new military-style landing strips out of the jungle, hoping to attract more airplanes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

is the lady in the photo at the back crying or laughing ? maybe crying because they would not let her near the wreck to see the planes numbers

..great to hear no-one injured..but maybe the powers of divine levitation did not work very well in this case...or they flew too close to the sun.

is the lady in the photo at the back crying or laughing ? maybe crying because they would not let her near the wreck to see the planes numbers

Nah ! she's laughing at the two fools in front, as she got the numbers first ! clap2.gifcheesy.gif

..and the two in foreground have just been selected for pilot training..wink.png

Nah ! she's laughing at the two fools in front, as she got the numbers first ! clap2.gifcheesy.gif

..and the two in foreground have just been selected for pilot training..wink.png

Destined for service on the non existing planes on the permanently moored RTN aircraft carrier, a job of life. Edited by Artisi

Simpletons with simple dreams.

Possibly, but when you're dirt poor, mired in debt, ripped off by the middlemen you have to sell your produce to, laughed at as a " buffaloe" by those who rule you and lectured on sufficiency by people with vastly more than you, then perhaps clutching at straws, let's call them "simple dreams", are all you have.

Yeah, have a go at some impoverished Thais if you want, but do realise that this sort of thing is not unique to them. In Singapore, for example, when there is a car accident, many Singaporean Chinese hope to increase their chances in the lottery by using the license plate numbers. [No, I cannot explain the logic behind that]. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this particular practice actually originates in some Chinese belief. That said, Westerners can be superstitious also: number 13, Americans avoiding $2 notes, etc., etc. I'm sure a few of here would even consider praying to the 'man in the sky' for some desired outcome no less superstitious than what these Thai farmers were doing.