ID Card for farangs

16 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Unfortunately yes, if you use a Nonthaburi address then you have to use Nonthaburi Immigration.

For most things, Bangkok Immigration won't accept your application unless you have a Bangkok address.

Ugggghhh....plus now I realize I am going to have to go get the MFA at Bangkok to certify my Income Letter, then make the trip out to Nonthaburi Immigration. Fun! Fun! 

Thanks for letting me know before I screwed this up! 

1 hour ago, ocddave said:

Ugggghhh....plus now I realize I am going to have to go get the MFA at Bangkok to certify my Income Letter, then make the trip out to Nonthaburi Immigration. Fun! Fun! 

Thanks for letting me know before I screwed this up! 

Nonthaburi Immigration is at 13.9024050 100.3857520. They will also want a TM30 (that House Masters thing). Your extension Form needs to be on a single sheet of paper (double sided) just in case you don't know. The TM 30 is two separate sheets. 

26 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Nonthaburi Immigration is at 13.9024050 100.3857520. They will also want a TM30 (that House Masters thing). Your extension Form needs to be on a single sheet of paper (double sided) just in case you don't know. The TM 30 is two separate sheets. 

Have the TM7 printed on double sided, so OK there, also did the the same with copies of the Kor Ror 22. Wife sent them the TM30, but they wanted more info (copies of my wifes bluebook for Nonthanburi - she never had one, her ID, my passport, my TM6 card) after sending that info in (with the new blue book for the new townhouse), they still haven't sent back the receipt. Nor have they sent back the receipt for the TM28 we sent in when we moved from my wifes condo into a larger townhouse we bought (we even sent these registered mail, and she owns both residences, no renting involved). Not sure what the HelI is going on over there, but I expect it to be a cluster you know what when I finally get over there to deal with my extension. We plan to bring everything we have, including our land ownership documents, so they don't question her ownership. The only thing I can think of for the mess, is that my wife never changed her Blue Book to the show she was living in the Condo, she kept her name on her Blue Book in another province (her main home, that she owns).

From my experiance they will want

TM30 signed by the House Master.

Copy of Blue Book showing House Master ... same person as above.

Copy of ID Card of same person.

Plus proof of income

Plus two photos ...size as on the form

Your passport and two copies

Copy Departure card

That could be it + 1900baht

Enjoy ☺☺

Copy of Yellow might be useful.

Copy of your Pink Card ...????

Edited by JAS21

Think this thread is going a little :offtopic:  :biggrin:

I've got a question about ID cards for farangs. For those that had received their Pink ID card and the card number is low number 00000** from their local Amphur office because not many farang have applied. What is the difference between your card and the ones that are issued to hundreds of local migrants. I would have thought that the numbers would be continuous?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Think this thread is going a little :offtopic:  :biggrin:

I've got a question about ID cards for farangs. For those that had received their Pink ID card and the card number is low number 00000** from their local Amphur office because not many farang have applied. What is the difference between your card and the ones that are issued to hundreds of local migrants. I would have thought that the numbers would be continuous?

I believe that they are in a different category (because their ID number doesn't start with a 6) so have a different set of sequence numbers.

• Like 1

There is 337 posts on the ID card so I haven't read each post. All I want to know is will it get you into every National Park or other venue at the Thai price? My Thai drivers license has been proven not to work everywhere. So does the pink ID card work everywhere or not? 

32 minutes ago, krobert6 said:

Mine expires when I die (so my wife tells me)

Don't unveil secrets: you are over 60 years old :smile:

Persons over age of 60 years on date of issue get a life long ID card.

True for Thai people also.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 2:05 AM, bmanly said:

There is 337 posts on the ID card so I haven't read each post. All I want to know is will it get you into every National Park or other venue at the Thai price? My Thai drivers license has been proven not to work everywhere. So does the pink ID card work everywhere or not? 

I've used it in a bank, at a True shop and at Nong Nooch Gardens just outside Pattaya without any problems. but they wouldn't accept it at Kao Yai National Park when we took the nieces and nephews camping a few weeks ago. The annoying thing is that I've been there several times over the years and in the past I always paid the Thai price by producing my DL. Apparently, so they told me, that doesn't work either any more. The present Military Government have said ALL foreigners now have to pay the foreigner price even if we've lived here for years.

7 hours ago, sumrit said:

I've used it in a bank, at a True shop and at Nong Nooch Gardens just outside Pattaya without any problems. but they wouldn't accept it at Kao Yai National Park when we took the nieces and nephews camping a few weeks ago. The annoying thing is that I've been there several times over the years and in the past I always paid the Thai price by producing my DL. Apparently, so they told me, that doesn't work either any more. The present Military Government have said ALL foreigners now have to pay the foreigner price even if we've lived here for years.

I really wish other countries would reciprocate this procedure, only for Thai visitors in their country, at least until they stop discriminating.

Somebody asked earlier, what is this ping ID card good for. Well, today I bought a True-H SIM and phone (150 baht children days special at Lotus Tesco PKK). True has much better reception where I live, and also wanted a cheep phone to carry as ICE. The True girl asked me for passport to register the SIM. I gave her my pink ID. No questions asked, she took it and registered SIM....

On 1/12/2017 at 8:56 PM, scorecard said:

Any details on that?

Have two personally.

At Kao Yai, when I questioned the girl selling the entrance tickets somebody came across (my wife said the manager) who spoke reasonable English and it was he who told me this ruling was instigated by the present Military Government.

About eighteen months ago (before I had an ID Card but using my Thai Driving Licence to 'usually' get cheap rates) I took the young family members to the Marine Museum in Bang Saen. I've been several times and always used my DL to get Thai prices. This time though I was told I had to pay the foreign price and the manager there said it was a new ruling that the Military Government had brought in. 

5 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Somebody asked earlier, what is this ping ID card good for. Well, today I bought a True-H SIM and phone (150 baht children days special at Lotus Tesco PKK). True has much better reception where I live, and also wanted a cheep phone to carry as ICE...

What does ICE mean in the context of your post? (The last time I came across this acronym, in a news article, it stood for "internal combustion engine")

7 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Somebody asked earlier, what is this ping ID card good for. Well, today I bought a True-H SIM and phone (150 baht children days special at Lotus Tesco PKK). True has much better reception where I live, and also wanted a cheep phone to carry as ICE. The True girl asked me for passport to register the SIM. I gave her my pink ID. No questions asked, she took it and registered SIM....

I did exactly the same thing with both my sim cards with my Thai Drivers license. It seems to me that it has no more extra uses than the drivers license. I also ID myself at all domestic airports for flights with my license as well.

15 hours ago, Maestro said:

What does ICE mean in the context of your post? (The last time I came across this acronym, in a news article, it stood for "internal combustion engine")

Sorry for ambiguity. In this context; In Case of Emergency.

My very old Nokia that could hold the charge for 5 days before re-charging has died recently and nobody can fix it.

I rather carry cheepo phone I can break or lose whenever I go. Had a traumatic experience some 9 month ago. I was alone, my S5 was charging out of reach... Since then I always carry some small inexpensive device as ICE.

15 hours ago, bmanly said:

I did exactly the same thing with both my sim cards with my Thai Drivers license. It seems to me that it has no more extra uses than the drivers license. I also ID myself at all domestic airports for flights with my license as well.

My ATM Card was about the expire so, about three weeks ago, I went to get a new one from the bank . My pink ID card was in the car so I offered my Thai DL as ID.  But they wouldn't accept it (although they have in the past),  insisting on seeing my passport. After explaining I hadn't got my passport with me but would get my ID Card from my car they were OK. They accepted the ID Card straight away.

I've lived in Thailand since 2004 and had the bank account since then and a Thai driving licence since 2006. I'm pretty sure they've accepted my DL as ID in the past but wouldn't this time. 

Maybe things are slowly changing.

Edited by sumrit

I received one yesterday in Phrae, 30 minutes, Tabian Ban, copy of passport, 60 baht.....that is all!  By the way, it's good for your lifetime:wai:

Edited by TPI
Extra information

Several years ago it was somewhat common to include an ICE entry in the phonebook of your mobile phone so that in the event of an emergency authorities would know who to contact.

But with the advent of smart phones which are often PIN locked it isn't so useful.