Bank account + ATM with 30 day stamp

thaitero

On the Bangkok Bank website is says..

Even if you are only visiting Thailand for

a relatively short period of time, you can open a savings account and get a debit

card to use for shopping and ATM withdrawals. All you will need to provide

is your passport and one other official identification document – for example,

a reference letter from your embassy,

your home bank or a person acceptable

to the bank.

You will also need to provide evidence of your address in Thailand as well as your regular address in your home country.

I don't think the Bangkok Bank managers are too interested in their website, just like the other Thai banks they will just make up their own rules.

I know the conditions vary from bank to bank and even branch to branch, but here in Pattaya BB seem very keen to accommodate foreigners.

Yes, there are that many foreigners there that the banks probably depend on them.

Khon Kaen Dave wrote:

"The Guy who was helping me with the account did tell me that to get around it,a lot of USA citizens are going to Singapore and opening accounts there.The story goes,and please correct me if i am wrong.That with a bank account there, it is easy to get a Singaporean Passport and then to enter Thailand as a Singaporean citizen"

NOT correct...and why 'The Guy' told you that BS is anyone's guess

The Singapore government doesn't (and never has) issue passports to any swinging dick that has a Singapore bank account. Think of the ramifications if it did...

The Singapore office of the multi-national company I was with for a decade tried to get me (and a few others) a Singapore passport and gave up after trying for two years--and they had mega influence with the government

Better tell 'The Guy' to stop spouting such misinformation...

Cloghead.

Thank you for putting me right about the Singaporean pass port thing.I must admit that i was a little bemused when listening to him.However,i do not intend to go back to the bank and start telling the staff that they are speaking BS.Thats a rather silly thing to say.The Thai banking system is at best somewhat confusing.I was told in one of the banks that i bank with,that an ATM card to run alongside my savings account(not a credit or debit card) would cost me 500bt.When i called the call centre and told the guy i was being asked to pay 500 b he told me that i should only have to pay 150.I handed the phone to the lady staff member who had a drawn out conversation with him.I was told by the girl that "we not have 150b cards in stock today"Again i called the call centre ad told them i would like to speak to a supervisor.Once again girly on desk speaks to call centre.'OK we give you ATM card for special price of 100 b.I was happy. Two banks have tried this on me over time.Now,i'm not preaching but if this was done in the UK both members of staff would have been sacked immediately and faced fraudulent gain charges.Not so here.The manager of the bank came out of his office,with the explanation "I velli solli lady make mistake,not work here long not speak much Ingrish"Well,ive lived here in Nam phong for 6 months now,and Ive dealt with the same girl for all that time,and her "Ingrish" has always been understandable.

2014 open bank account on 15 day stamp in Chiang Mai. Only give my passport . Whats all!!!

2015 my Friend open in Pattaya BB account give passport and second id(DL) .

But in Chiang Mai its be second branch. In first say need work permit.

PS

Never hear cant Ibanking(online banking) for tourist visa or stamp.

Jast cant transfer out Thailand and need apply for online banking and wait few days. Its from Bangkok Head ofice mist accept. If have work permit it few minets in ATM and can have another cutency account and trasfer out Thailand