NCPO spokesman: Wattana was invited for talk because of his distorted comments

webfact

NCPO spokesman says Wattana was invited for talk because of his distorted comments

117-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: --- Former commerce minister Wattana Muangsuk was invited for an “attitude adjustment” meeting with the military Wednesday because his latest comments might cause public misunderstanding toward the National Council for Peace and Order, said NCPO spokesman Col Winthai Suvaree yesterday.

He explained that it was fine for anyone who disagrees with the charter draft to express his/her comments against the draft. But people who want to voice opinions on political issues must exercise caution, he said.

But as far as Mr Wattana was concerned, the colonel said the military found it necessary to invite him for the “attitude adjustment” meeting because the ex-minister’s recent comments were damaging to the NCPO and were a distortion of facts.

Colonel Winchai said that quite a few people suspected that Mr Wattana was biased against the military junta for personal reason and was always critical of the junta.

However, he insisted that the military had a duty to perform – which is to ensure peace and order.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/153264

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-03

When is one of these attitude adjustment subjects going to grow a spine and refuse to sign the NCPO's 'I'll be a good boy' contract?

There have been stories of such people's livelihoods, relatives and general safety being threatened should they not sign such paper and sure it is easy for me to suggest they tell the NCPO to stuff it - its not my health, career or relatives they are threatening - but the last thing the NCPO want is to have to follow through on their threats and risk seeming all the more draconian by the public at large.

Once again, leaders of true conviction seem to be thin on the ground and large numbers of people suffer in the long term as a result. I don't care what party this guy is from. I hope he can just stick to his fundamental right to express himself.

Edited by 15Peter20

When is one of these attitude adjustment subjects going to grow a spine and refuse to sign the NCPO's 'I'll be a good boy' contract?

There have been stories of such people's livelihoods, relatives and general safety being threatened should they not sign such paper and sure it is easy for me to suggest they tell the NCPO to stuff it - its not my health, career or relatives they are threatening - but the last thing the NCPO want is to have to follow through on their threats and risk seeming all the more draconian by the public at large.

Once again, leaders of true conviction seem to be thin on the ground and large numbers of people suffer in the long term as a result. I don't care what party this guy is from. I hope he can just stick to his fundamental right to express himself.

I agree with you generally. But, I cannot disregard the fact that none of those smiling thugs would likely hesitate to use violent means or the threat of violence to destroy someone's life. They are pure thugs with good smiles. Not signing would be opening up oneself to the end of a barrel worse or a destruction of their family's safety and comfort.

Nasty people

"We're a distortion of facts" Does that mean it isn't fine to express comments?

Anything said that they don't like can immediately be labeled a ' distortion '.

They make the rules and have made it clear they will be enforced.

It makes a nonsense of calls for people to express their views unless it's made clear they must be approved or acceptable in content.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

I agree with you generally. But, I cannot disregard the fact that none of those smiling thugs would likely hesitate to use violent means or the threat of violence to destroy someone's life. They are pure thugs with good smiles. Not signing would be opening up oneself to the end of a barrel worse or a destruction of their family's safety and comfort.

Nasty people

And what do you think is worse? Getting stabbed in the back by those crooks or getting stabbed in front by the military. This guy knew what he was doing by posting that. He knew the repercussions so he deserves every veiled threat and the actions the military took.

"He explained that it was fine for anyone who disagrees with the charter draft to express his/her comments against the draft. But people who want to voice opinions on political issues must exercise caution, he said."

So one can only assume then that the draft Charter is not a political issue then?

As an aside this government is facing huge problems, declining exports, drought, agricultural problems (rice, rubber. fishing) and increasing political resistance, increasing rates of household debt, and an economy in decline. Once the charter is shot down in flames, expect to see the government go into total panic mode.

Nasty people

And what do you think is worse? Getting stabbed in the back by those crooks or getting stabbed in front by the military. This guy knew what he was doing by posting that. He knew the repercussions so he deserves every veiled threat and the actions the military took.
I'm not sure what is worse. But, I understand what is better: not being Thai. Crooks, otherwise dishonest and unprincipled people and people with little regard for or ability to consider contrasting points of view form the majority of the Thai people. So, feudalism is the only option for Thais. Pick a team (irrespective of principle/law) and hope your team wins.

I pity them

"we want Thai people to express their views"

no, no not THAT view!!!

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

One persons views is another persons distorted view. in fact a view is just that. an opinion. What this article suggest that you are allowed an opinion, as long as it is the same as the NCPO. Thainess at its best.

Nasty people

You do understand that the Military are simply that military with no other legitimacy to summon anyone other than their military hardware, don't you? huh.png Why do you think they granted themselves amnesty? Because they are wrong doers who should face the consequences of their actions. Not the 'subjects' of this country. Bet you and your ilk would pass the Milgram Test with flying colours coffee1.gif

he called the deputy self-appointed "PM" stupid and sexist and generally had a good rant about how the dinosaurs in charge stole the people's government and run the country into the ground while all the time demanding their respect and gratitude.

Distortion? I would say he hit the bulls-eye.

Mr Wattana was biased against the military junta for personal reason

Yes, loss of one's constitutional rights and liberties does make the matter personal.

Even more personal when your place at the trough has been given to someone else and your snout pushed out.

Mr Wattana was biased against the military junta for personal reason

Yes, loss of one's constitutional rights and liberties does make the matter personal.

Even more personal when your place at the trough has been given to someone else and your snout pushed out.

anyway most level-headed, intelligent posters know this was going to be Hobson's Choice

Like someone else tried to do with an illegally amended Amnesty Bill?

But they did it in a democracy so that it was kicked out under the process of checks and balances. The junta's still stands, obviously.

"Watana Muangsook, a senior member of the Pheu Thai Party, has been charged with computer crimes for criticizing a deputy junta chief’s sexist comments about former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra."

“‘His IQ is a little too low" (See article for full text)

“I could barely believe my own ears when I heard a government member telling reporters that the case of soldiers intruding on Prime Minister Yingluck’s privacy at a funeral:

‘it wasn’t intimidation. We were providing her security. They took photos of her probably because they thought she was pretty.’

"These words show sexual degradation. Importantly, the person who said this is a former army chief, who’s presently deputy prime minister and deputy chief of the NCPO"

"Gen. Prawit ... told reporters Wednesday that Watana would have his attitude adjusted again and again until he learned not to speak about certain issues."

“They will adjust his attitude [to understand] he shouldn’t speak at the moment. I have already told him about this since a long time ago,” Prawit said.

“If he speaks 100 times, he will be summoned 100 times. And in the future, it will take 3 days, 7 days." wai2.gif

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456980218&typecate=06&section=

....in other governments people have simply 'disappeared'.....

here too...

care to offer some evidence of that?

Or making it up?

do you seriously live in a bubble, or do you walk around all day with your hands on your ears screaming "I can't hear you, I can't hear you" ???