Update on clearing big overstay

I was told that I had overstayed by 1244 days
paid the 20,000 Baht

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would seem your overstay was actually cost effective.

true but you are looking over your shoulder all the time, so not really recommended. To be honest I think I was lucky because i have 4 children with my Thai girlfriend and that seemed to help a lot.

No normal visa entry would be more than 90 days so not sure how you came up with 120 days permitted to stay?

Easy 90 days plus 30 day extention

Which type of visa allows a 90 day entry AND a 30 day extension?

sorry i was mistaken i have just been told its 90 day plus 60 day extension I got a Non O

Good you got it sorted. You have used your "get out of jail card" ...hope others clear up their mess.

You must of almost needed to change underware after the police checked your passport. Maybe you were lucky. Personally I would fly out from bkk. No margin for error choosing place I didn't need a visa. Perhaps Penang

phew my cousins got 7yr overstay he will to KL on monday. hopefully they will let him back the same day on visa exempt.

They may but in my opinion they should not. After 7 yr overstay wants to reenter on visa exempt. At very least the airline should insist on flight out of Los. Most members support people trying to clear overstay. Your post has that pompous feel.

Depends on the I/O when he arrives at the airport. No one can predict it, but there is no real law why they should refuse him entry - in the end it's entirely up to the I/O if he lets him enter or not.

I would advise to get a proper visa in KL.

phew my cousins got 7yr overstay he will to KL on monday. hopefully they will let him back the same day on visa exempt.

They may but in my opinion they should not. After 7 yr overstay wants to reenter on visa exempt. At very least the airline should insist on flight out of Los. Most members support people trying to clear overstay. Your post has that pompous feel.

Depends on the I/O when he arrives at the airport. No one can predict it, but there is no real law why they should refuse him entry - in the end it's entirely up to the I/O if he lets him enter or not.

I would advise to get a proper visa in KL.

An IO could, in the case of someone with a very recent big overstay seeking a visa exempt entry, determine that the person was an "undesirable" who would likely seek illegal work and theretofore have grounds for denying entry.

Such a refusal could be appealed but the person would be detained pending the outcome of the appeal.

• Like 1

An IO could, in the case of someone with a very recent big overstay seeking a visa exempt entry, determine that the person was an "undesirable" who would likely seek illegal work and theretofore have grounds for denying entry.

Such a refusal could be appealed but the person would be detained pending the outcome of the appeal.

And pigs could fly. If you have an outward ticket and proof of funds / hotel bookings ready to show though, you'll most likely be granted entry.

This poster in fact only had to show the outward ticket and was given a visa exempt entry right after 2 years overstay - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/898546-came-back-on-visa-exemption-after-overstay/

This poster also came back in on visa exemption after 11 years overstay - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/751762-cleared-11-year-overstay/

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1

@stevymac ..has your " cousin" ever considered getting a proper visa.................rather than relying on a visa exempt entry ????

To others thinking of going to Nong Khai.................the checkpoint just south of Nong Khai has been manned far more often than usual.......lately !!!

Edited by novo58

yes he was goin to get a setv but since laos airlines wont let him fly he decided to do visa exempt first. how many times can you extend this anybody know? is it possible to change an extended visa to a non imm b? thanka guys

yes he was goin to get a setv but since laos airlines wont let him fly he decided to do visa exempt first. how many times can you extend this anybody know? is it possible to change an extended visa to a non imm b? thanka guys

A visa exempt entry can be extended once for 30 days.

It is possible to convert a visa exempt entry that has been extended to a non immigrant visa entry prior to the last 15 days of the extension at Bangkok immigration. A work permit application approval letter and a stack of paperwork from his employer would be required.

No normal visa entry would be more than 90 days so not sure how you came up with 120 days permitted to stay?

Easy 90 days plus 30 day extention

Which type of visa allows a 90 day entry AND a 30 day extension?

sorry i was mistaken i have just been told its 90 day plus 60 day extension I got a Non O

Exactly .. SE Non-O .. 90 days.

Just take the marriage certificate, the KR2, copy of tabian baan + ID card .. Copy of your passport, 2 photos and 1500B ( the wife needs to accompany you too ) and you get a 60 day extension.

Well done, OP.

WOW - Very very very lucky indeed...

The difference being a Police Officer who merely glanced at your passport vs one who checked for Visa status.... Its the difference between a stay in IDC and deportation and the 'received' ended the Op realised... whew !!!... lucky man...

• Like 1