Digging up the Pavements

donnybay

Guess it will be for all these monstrous internet/phone cables hanging deep on overloaded poles?

Read here:

http://lovepattayathailand.com/underground-cables-coming-to-pattaya/

Funny to find other sources from 2009 about the soon coming underground cables cheesy.gif

Could be this thanks, but the tubing looks smaller than that pic, its going in around Pratumnak as well, I am out later will take a snap of it

Underneath the pavement on both sides of Jomtien's 2nd speedway/road to hell and Thrapaya hill there are 24 such plastic conduits that have not one cable in them that run to and through 2,000 pull boxes with concrete lids that are now crumbling way with large holes for any unsuspecting person to fall into and at the very least get a scraped/broken ankle.

This new plastic conduit will be part of the recent, extra bus stop installation work that took place. Maybe there was supposed to be 25 of them and the forgotton pipe is being run in as an after thought.........

I know madness prevails but an 8 inch pipe will not take the run off from any tropical down pour here... even in a small garden.

However, in the region of Soi Watboon there is a team of what looks like "army" guys ?? on a major drain cleaning operation. The are using high pressure water jetting through the drains in a vain attempt to clear them....best of luck lads - you will need it.

However, in the region of Soi Watboon there is a team of what looks like "army" guys ?? on a major drain cleaning operation. The are using high pressure water jetting through the drains in a vain attempt to clear them....best of luck lads - you will need it.

Most likely prisoners earning their good behavior credit

Just wait till they have finished and made some attempt at covering up the mess and another agency will come along and dig it all up again. 30 years of observing beach road and it is "still" not finished.

Freshwater supply. This what an "engineer" told me on Bouakao. Pipes are welded and fresh water rated. Amazing mess and time frame to get this done. TIT. MS>

Sounds plausible with the data and pictures available.

I would never believe that such small pipes have to do with drainage or sanitation.

I would have believed the theory of data cables or electricity though tongue.png

They dug my village up on both sides of the roads 9 month ago in soi Koao talo and the piles of concrete s**t is still there.the pipes are for government water which is cleaner than the existing water which is brought in daily by tankers.