Who Are All These People

ThaiPauly

In town yesterday there were hundreds of people dashing around .

Many of the Men were dressed as women and they all had a distinctive fake tatoo on their arms

Who are these people...is it some sort of Charity Fund Raising Excersice?

Anybody know?

I've seen this as well in different cities but can't remember the name for it. It's a ritual of some kind and the times I've seem them they have been carrying fireworks.

They approach shopkeepers and ask for money to rid the ghosts in the shops.

I've seen this as well in different cities but can't remember the name for it. It's a ritual of some kind and the times I've seem them they have been carrying fireworks.

They approach shopkeepers and ask for money to rid the ghosts in the shops.

I was drinking last nite with about 50 of them, each year they go to diffrent country.

Hash House some thing, to drunk to remmember full name of group, they raise money for

local charity.

Looks like I'm thinking of a different group. You could be right about HHH. They're holding a world interhash in Chaingmai from the 27th -29th October.

The ones i've seen in a different province looked more like villagers. :o

In town yesterday there were hundreds of people dashing around .

Many of the Men were dressed as women and they all had a distinctive fake tatoo on their arms

Who are these people...is it some sort of Charity Fund Raising Excersice?

Anybody know?

Interhash. Hash House Harriers from all over the world.......6,000 of them. The official program runs 27th to 29th of October.

HHH are drinkers with a running problem or vice versa. No-one knows which.

Hash House Harriers. I think there's about 3,000 of them in town over the next couple of days.

I've never participated in Chiang mai but did in Kuala Lumpur some years back.

It was fun seemed a bit like orienteering - as usual I got hopelessly lost.

They don't run that fast mostly. :D

Still, then they don't shower, and hit the bars.

Can be good fun though, too many wannabe hi-so foreigners in Chiang Mai these days. Good to have some old style 'boozing & wh0ring' guys around. :D

then they don't shower Thats right ! generally a very smelly lot (and generally very drunk lone before before the witching hour)

And as for the wh0ring, the demimondames will be pleased because it has been a long and very quiet off season. The HHH visit is just the thing to tide them over until the high season gets into full swing. :o

LOL.. right.. Though let's not forget that it's not actually a male-only thing. There are actually HH-Harriettes about.

Met one the other day in a bar who was trying to order a glass of red wine in one of the Loi Kroh bars.. I intercepted them trying to sell her Wine Cooler Club and thus ruining her evening. :o Took her across the road to Mayflower instead, (the bar/resto run by a French guy, always a safe bet for wine) and got some pretty agreeable-for-the-money glasses of red @ 80 baht, takeaway. :D

And as for the wh0ring, the demimondames will be pleased because it has been a long and very quiet off season. The HHH visit is just the thing to tide them over until the high season gets into full swing. :o

heard the working women from south are coming in to cmi for a piece of the action $$$. :D

Edited by tigerbeer

LOL.. right.. Though let's not forget that it's not actually a male-only thing. There are actually HH-Harriettes about.

Met one the other day in a bar who was trying to order a glass of red wine in one of the Loi Kroh bars.. I intercepted them trying to sell her Wine Cooler Club and thus ruining her evening. :D Took her across the road to Mayflower instead, (the bar/resto run by a French guy, always a safe bet for wine) and got some pretty agreeable-for-the-money glasses of red @ 80 baht, takeaway. :D

So you got the white girl drunk on cheap red wine.........And then what????? :o

heard the working women from south are coming in to cmi for a piece of the action $$$. :D

Where.... :D