New Ford Focus.....wow

One post by the Grammer Police removed

Forum Rules -

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new Focus looks like its got the competition beaten on performance, power and specification. Same story with the current model, the only thing that lets it down is the dual clutch auto at low speeds. My philosophy is to buy the best car in class irrespective of brand. I've found servicing is a pretty similar experience across all brands and I've owned; Mitsubishi, Honda, Isuzu, Ford and Mazda here. My only negative experience with a brand and servicing was Ducati and that was for doing things which weren't needed or asked for.

The new Focus looks like its got the competition beaten on performance, power and specification. Same story with the current model, the only thing that lets it down is the dual clutch auto at low speeds. My philosophy is to buy the best car in class irrespective of brand. I've found servicing is a pretty similar experience across all brands and I've owned; Mitsubishi, Honda, Isuzu, Ford and Mazda here. My only negative experience with a brand and servicing was Ducati and that was for doing things which weren't needed or asked for.

I think it's got the regular 6 speed auto now.

My wife, like many Thais, thinks that if it isn't a Toyota, it isn't any good. I bought her a new Ford Focus top of the line Ghia. She wasn't happy. The Focus must have grown on her because she stopped complaining. I was amazed that the last time she took it in for service, she came home and was absolutely gushing about the new Focus. So beautiful and with so many good things on it.

I bought a new Isuzu V-Cross a few months ago. Since her Focus has only about 55,000 kilometers on it, there will be no new car in the near future. She much prefers to drive her car rather than the new truck. I would have never thought she would become a Ford lover. She does say that she likes the new Isuzu but prefers the car.

Edited by Gary A

I dont get much excited about any car whose value is half tax and half substance. Maybe not that extreme but you get my point.

I guess it's only 2-door pickups for you then? biggrin.pngtongue.png

LOL biggrin.png - that's me as well.

There are far more things in Thailand to get excited about than cars.

I dont get much excited about any car whose value is half tax and half substance. Maybe not that extreme but you get my point.

I guess it's only 2-door pickups for you then? biggrin.pngtongue.png

LOL biggrin.png - that's me as well.

There are far more things in Thailand to get excited about than cars.

Possibly but do they have forums as entertaining as this one?

I could never get excited about a ''FORD''., now if it was a ''Mercedes'' or a 'BMW'' or a ''Volkswagen'' now that would get me going...

Benz I get, BMW I get if you're talking M or X, but VW?? I don't get that one. I don't get Audi either though - both those brands seem to be having a competition with Toyota for the blandest design possible tongue.png

VW's Thai site only listed the Sirocco when I check a few weeks ago, so they seem about as bothered with us as we are with them.

VW will be officially represented by the parent company in Thailand soon... But don't get too excited yet, unless you're in the market for an Up!

Did they start building their factory already in Samut Prakan?

I'd like to know what you're referring to (in bold above.)

I have a top of the range, five door Focus, two and a half years old. Had it since new; absolutely wonderful car.

No problems at all with the gear box, at any speeds.

Went with a friend to Pattaya Ford to checkout the New Focus. (He has a 3 year old Focus(Titanium) with only 12,000 km). Sorry sir no have, said the sales lady. When do you have? 4 months was the answer. Then drove to Honda and checked out the New Civic. In stock, nice car. The trade in value of the Focus was quoted at 350,000. Purchase temporarily suspended.

I'd like to know what you're referring to (in bold above.)

I have a top of the range, five door Focus, two and a half years old. Had it since new; absolutely wonderful car.

No problems at all with the gear box, at any speeds.

My wife has had the Sport+ for 4 years in July. The dual clutch gearbox had a recall and a software update. The problem is jerkiness at low speeds and in reverse. In fairness it's not just Ford apparently all dual clutch gearboxes suffer from this trait. On the move and and speed the shifts are really slick. The gearbox is much better now but not perfect. Ford decided to dump the dual clutch and replace it with a conventional auto for the new Focus which will be released here in July.They haven't admitted that the dumping of the dual clutch technology was down to the issues I highlighted, Ford said a conventional auto was more suited to the 1.5 turbo engine. Many Focus fans including my wife and many on Thai forums are happy about the conventional auto on the new Focus.

My wife has had the Sport+ for 4 years in July. The dual clutch gearbox had a recall and a software update. The problem is jerkiness at low speeds and in reverse. In fairness it's not just Ford apparently all dual clutch gearboxes suffer from this trait. On the move and and speed the shifts are really slick. The gearbox is much better now but not perfect. Ford decided to dump the dual clutch and replace it with a conventional auto for the new Focus which will be released here in July.They haven't admitted that the dumping of the dual clutch technology was down to the issues I highlighted, Ford said a conventional auto was more suited to the 1.5 turbo engine. Many Focus fans including my wife and many on Thai forums are happy about the conventional auto on the new Focus.

S6 gearbox kicks - "jerkiness".

But I do not see its big problem..

Focus it normal bild car.. look great. Now its problem Aston Martin owner whey car look as Focus.. for owner focus its great design deal..

sound insulation from the new focus on my Opinion best in class..

handling good.

rack for hatchback comfortable curtain, easy to remove

"S6 gearbox kicks - "jerkiness".

Focus it normal bild car.. look great. Now its problem Aston Martin owner whey car look as Focus.. for owner focus its great design deal..

handling good. rack for hatchback comfortable curtain, easy to remove"

As I say, I bought a new, top spec, Focus in September 2013. There is no jerkiness or any other problem with the gearbox.. The car is fantastic, in my opinion.

Edited by macahoom

As I say, I bought a new, top spec, Focus in September 2013. There is no jerkiness or any other problem with the gearbox.. The car is fantastic, in my opinion.

My friend is a 2013 Focus owner and he has noises occasionally coming from the transmission. He said Ford is aware of the problem and it is a software fix.

My friend is a 2013 Focus owner and he has noises occasionally coming from the transmission. He said Ford is aware of the problem and it is a software fix.

Yes, I hear a strange, occasional sound; been hearing it from new. I have no idea if it's coming from the transmission or not.

It's not at all loud but it is an unusual sound. It only happens at slow speeds and it does not affect the performance of the car.

Your friend must drive Nissan GTR.

After they REAL know what its meaning "noises from the trasmission".

;)

Or try same class from Toyota or honda.

After real know what its noises inside car even at 90 km per hour.

But Honda can give some handling.

Toyota just give expensive price compare in Thaimarket and nothing more.

So in total..

Focus for use, comfort, drive and buy pricing in my opinion its best deal in Thaimarcket. But just had one "-"

Its price sell after used.

When does this car actually go on sale in Thailand.. Some ppl are saying April and others July?

Ford says "Late Q2"

Does that mean second Quarter?? So could be April to June

Q2 means April, May, or June. Late Q2 probably means June.

;)

So in total..

Focus for use, comfort, drive and buy pricing in my opinion its best deal in Thaimarcket. But just had one "-"

Google" transmission noise Ford Focus" and you follow one of the many links including YouTube.

Just a few examples.

https://www.charneylawyers.com/Charney/forddualclutchtransmissionclassaction.php

https://www.facebook.com/fordfocuslemonowners/

We should be asking has Ford changed the transmission design on the new model.

Yes, they have. The 2016 Focus has a 6 speed torque converter. The old Getrag dual clutch (AKA: Powershift) is gone.

Certainly hope you are right as the Ford Thailand website still shows the new Focus with a Powershift transmission on their spec sheet.

Just a few examples.

https://www.charneylawyers.com/Charney/forddualclutchtransmissionclassaction.php

https://www.facebook.com/fordfocuslemonowners/

We should be asking has Ford changed the transmission design on the new model.

Yes, they have. The 2016 Focus has a 6 speed torque converter. The old Getrag dual clutch (AKA: Powershift) is gone.

Certainly hope you are right as the Ford Thailand website still shows the new Focus with a Powershift transmission on their spec sheet.

I have a 2013 Focus S; had it since new.
I have never experienced “transmission slips, kicking, jerking, harsh engagement, sudden acceleration, delay in downshifts, delayed accelerations, the inability to accelerate, difficulty stopping the vehicle, and difficulty climbing elevated grades”. (I'm quoting from one of the above links.)
In fact, I have never had any problem with my transmission. The car runs superbly.
Am I just lucky or is this transmission problem not a feature of the Focus S?
Edited by macahoom

I know 3 people with a Fiesta or a Focus and two have issues as their cars rack up more kilometers. It is a design issue with the Powershift transmission(not a conventional automatic). I have heard it said Europeans are less likely to complain(as to Americans) because they are more used to manual transmissions. I think Ford introduced the Powershift in 2010 on Fiesta/Focus.

wink.png

So in total..

Google" transmission noise Ford Focus" and you follow one of the many links including YouTube.

Why i need do it?

If i try..

GTR i had .. Honda Civic 6-7 gen have my ex GF, 8 gen have my friend wife.

Focus 2013 2 pc have in my company

ford Focus 2015 turbo had my friend

Altis I rent in Malasia..

so Why i need Google?

iF I TRY IT.

and after say.

if you can look i am nothing to say about nisaan or mazda.. becouse I DO not try ( try i mean use more than 500km)..

I know 3 people with a Fiesta or a Focus and two have issues as their cars rack up more kilometers. It is a design issue with the Powershift transmission(not a conventional automatic). I have heard it said Europeans are less likely to complain(as to Americans) because they are more used to manual transmissions. I think Ford introduced the Powershift in 2010 on Fiesta/Focus.

How many You try??

and you compare with what car and brand?

rolleyes.gif

How many You try??

and you compare with what car and brand?

rolleyes.gif

I do not understand the question, the problem is with Ford Powershift automatic transmission and not other manufacturers so no comparison is needed. Ford has the problem worldwide with this transmission which is well documented, class action lawsuits have been filed worldwide and Ford admits the problem.