Looking for familly car

Zendo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A pickup truck is cheaper and makes a great family car, you can throw a lot of stuff in the back and it easily fits 5 people.

Pickup truck family car? smile.png

Its farmer or worker car , but sur its not family.

Family car its minivan evrywhere be.

As housewife car camry or lexus LS its can be say famyli car.

Vut pickup?smile.png

If say like this is can say any car where have 4-5 sit its be family.

smile.png

My family of 15 easily fits in the pickup, dont see that happening in a Camry or Lexus.

A pickup truck is cheaper and makes a great family car, you can throw a lot of stuff in the back and it easily fits 5 people.

Vut pickup?smile.png

smile.png

My family of 15 easily fits in the pickup, dont see that happening in a Camry or Lexus.

All Fully Insured Naturally.cheesy.gif

Vut pickup?smile.png

smile.png

Depends on the model. Top of the range trucks are becoming more like SUVs, but unless you have actually driven one you'd still be living in 2011.

True but they are workmans truck

All vehicles are compromises, particularly 4 door pickup trucks. Their load carrying ability is compromised by the load area being too far rearward so they are not good trucks for work. Handling and passenger comfort is compromised by high CG, simple suspension and flexible chassis so they have lower performance than a car. However they are still a good compromise for many in LOS because preferential tax treatment make them good value and IF driven sensibly none of the other issues matter in practice. That is why so many are sold here.

All vehicles are compromises, particularly 4 door pickup trucks. Their load carrying ability is compromised by the load area being too far rearward so they are not good trucks for work. Handling and passenger comfort is compromised by high CG, simple suspension and flexible chassis so they have lower performance than a car. However they are still a good compromise for many in LOS because preferential tax treatment make them good value and IF driven sensibly none of the other issues matter in practice. That is why so many are sold here.

w

Most sensible comment here. I ended up with the Isuzu four door 3 litre manual top of range . The interior is as good as most cars with a proper in car sat nav,which does work better than apps on phones, the ride is ok on decent surfaces ,easily seats five but if you want to keep your luggage secure a decent load bay cover in matching colour about 25000 baht. Performance is pretty good not being compromised by four wheel,drive or auto and just surf away on a wave of torque from 1.4/1.8 petrol cars . My previous car in uk was BMW M3 so had to adapt somewhat!

Vut pickup?smile.png

smile.png

1.What you do not like your family is your problem. I do not consider people with sacks of potatoes, even strangers. Even not to mention my family.

2. Camry -its model from brand Toyota. Lexus its brand with many model. If you think you family as potato , I guess in Lexus LX can load 15 bags potato, even can try more.

Whaoo, nice huge car that cost like 3 Ford Rander Wildtrak.

If I had that amount of money I'll do something else with it. But if i had even more money to spend, I'll still don't buy BMW or Mercedes, question of choice, I like real confortable cars.. these are not, german made is not my standard, way too hard.

For comparaison, this car is the same price as this house, insn't it insane ???

3-Bed House for sale at Ban Nai Fun, Chiang Mai - 2,790,000 THB Situated within the gated community of Ban Nai Fun on San Kamphaeng Road, a three bedroom, fully furnished house for sale.

Today I just saw a superb Subaru.. i'll check their garage nearby to get a drive test on this brand one day.

Edited by Zendo

Say again...?

For you i cant say any.

Just one.

Where Toyota service.. can get...a cant find in Thailand even normal. Anx you say its best.smile.png

smile.png

Sorry, but I can't understand what you are saying .. could you be more explicit please ?

Most sensible comment here. I ended up with the Isuzu four door 3 litre manual top of range . The interior is as good as most cars with a proper in car sat nav,which does work better than apps on phones, the ride is ok on decent surfaces ,easily seats five but if you want to keep your luggage secure a decent load bay cover in matching colour about 25000 baht. Performance is pretty good not being compromised by four wheel,drive or auto and just surf away on a wave of torque from 1.4/1.8 petrol cars . My previous car in uk was BMW M3 so had to adapt somewhat!

"in uk was BMW M3"

" ended up with the Isuzu four door 3 litre manual top of range ."

"The interior is as good as most cars"

"the ride is ok"

You make my day..

Depends on the model. Top of the range trucks are becoming more like SUVs, but unless you have actually driven one you'd still be living in 2011.

Have some nice pick up . Even can say as some SUV.

But even SUV not realy family car.

And frame SUV not realy comfort car on road.

baby carriage can easy load to many sedan ;)

Say again...?

For you i cant say any.

Just one.

Where Toyota service.. can get...a cant find in Thailand even normal. Anx you say its best.smile.png

smile.png

Sorry, but I can't understand what you are saying .. could you be more explicit please ?

Sorry its our talking with transam.

But if short.

My fortuner for painting 2 bumper in total more than 1 month do in 3 different Toyota service centrs.

And still cant do well.

No in No 4 Toyota service centr some new paintinf job. But 3 day ago i still not get my car. Not good paint job.:)

Edited by ardokano

Cars are OK but trucks are better where I live. I have a car and a truck. I'd rather drive the manual transmission diesel truck than the automatic transmission car. The quiet truck ride is just fine. If I ever did buy another car, it would certainly be a diesel. Low end diesel torque is outstanding.

Sadly most rides are auto here and as you have already experienced the most likely candidates for you are from Honda who insist on flogging the CVT dead horse.

The only others that are similarish to what you want are the Fortuna/Everest/Pajero SUVS but fall into the too large category.

What's your maximum budget? Have you looked at Suzuki, Subaru, Hyundai or Kia?

The Fortuner is quite massive !!

the Everest too...

the Pajero is one of MMe's Favorite

I like the MU-x too

but they are all very huge car.. that is for sure !

I didn't check Suzuki, Subaru, Hyundai or Kia carrefully yet, have to give them one chance.

After thinking a lot.. I think I can also sitch to pick-up. hey, this is Thailand after all ?? old child dream can be true.. for cheaper than thoses huge cars, well... a bit cheaper.

I tried fews and the Ford Ranger XLT seems very good, but Impossible to try it on manual transmission here in CM, but it seems to be a good compromise too...

budget is about 1M bath max.. or bit more.. but I'll prefer a bit less.

For 1 mill ... Subaru or Honda

Edited by seedy
All capitals

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT AGAIN.............PLEASE......sad.png

Yessssss.. all time.

If you say some about quality :)Thailand Toyota or they service, or ansver my post as....

Or show me . And i stop.

;)

Edited by ardokano

Just checked the price of this BMW car in Europe : starts at 1 million THB only ^^

so who gonna buy this here ?? (if not connected to tax system to take your money back)

Several European countries have similar taxes to here, like Norway, Denmark etc. BMW are actually just about the same price. That's how I justify it anyway.

Have tried several brands etc, but nothing drives like BMW's. Hard? Unless you get M-suspension, they eat the uneven surfaces of Thai roads much better than most cars. And very little rattle compared to Japanese brands. A brand new Toyota has rattle sounds after two weeks. I just love how a BMW drives compared to other cars. And for me, that's worth the premium.

I configured a similar car on the german BMW website, and its closer to 40,000 Euro. Add Thai taxes, and 2.6 Million is not that bad.

BMW now has 5 years unlimited warranty and service (BSI) as well!

So, who's gonna buy it? Well, look around. BMW outsells Benz now wink.png

Edited by mortenaa

Just checked the price of this BMW car in Europe : starts at 1 million THB only ^^

so who gonna buy this here ?? (if not connected to tax system to take your money back)

Several European countries have similar taxes to here, like Norway, Denmark etc. BMW are actually just about the same price. That's how I justify it anyway.

Have tried several brands etc, but nothing drives like BMW's. Hard? Unless you get M-suspension, they eat the uneven surfaces of Thai roads much better than most cars. And very little rattle compared to Japanese brands. A brand new Toyota has rattle sounds after two weeks. I just love how a BMW drives compared to other cars. And for me, that's worth the premium.

I configured a similar car on the german BMW website, and its closer to 40,000 Euro. Add Thai taxes, and 2.6 Million is not that bad.

A good salesman should be able to sense which way the wind is blowing. The OP previously said his budget is around 1M THB and does not seem impressed by BMs. I don't think high European taxes, BSI or Benz sales comparisons will help.

A good salesman should be able to sense which way the wind is blowing. The OP previously said his budget is around 1M THB and does not seem impressed by BMs. I don't think high European taxes, BSI or Benz sales comparisons will help.

But if look 2hand. X1 2-3 year as example can find less 1,5M.

;)

Just one more opinion.

In Thailand another world. So quality service from dialler(as example Toyta) and guaranty its only bla bla.

Hello again !

I am just coming back from Subaru show room, and I had a "long" drive test with the Subaru XV.

Well, well, well... first of all it has a CVT transmission wich is more tolerable than the Honda one, but still for that price it's such a shame that you can't buy it on manual gear.. very bad point to start !

The cruiser is just not really handy.. didn't really start but after 10mn its was working almost ok but you have to guess wich speed you setup, it is never showed but there is 3 different screens on this car.. what for ?

The brake is still manual and too close from the driver seat.

Also it doesn't really fit in a familly car size.. it's more like a ford ecosport space inside .. so it's too small, the Forester is more appropriate but the price is insane then !

The quality of driving is something i am really puzzled with.. it has AWD and lot of high tech research in it, but I don't have as good feeling when driving as I drive my regular toyota Vios (that cost 1/3 of this car)

There is no airbags for backside.. so kids are not safe, there is not autostop system (but there is for european market with manual gear as well)

SO... one more car to look from far away except if you like to collect cars and have sample of each one on the market.

And after I tried several medium/small SUVs, I'd like to say that CX-5 is still the best and enjoyable drive I could test, but the price is too high and the car is really too heavy, and It comes always with leather seats, wich i don't like at all, specially on this HOT Weather, So Finally I think that I don't like SUV.

I maybe then go for a pickup like Ford Ranger, and once I got money buy a good sport car second hand to enjoy driving for real, let's first sell the Toyota Vios that just made 1900 km in 4 days and having real good times with.

Edited by Zendo

How can you actually find a good car when the only car you enjoy is a really bad vios?

Every car better than the vios disappoints you, your logic makes it so you won't be able to find anything under 1.5m

The avenza is pretty bad and unsafe just like a vios, there's nothing else in that range of bad except the proton minivan.

I think the best plan would be to find the vehicle you want at a cheap charlie price you like in another country.

Import it to thailand, telling customs that you could not find a vehicle in Thailand that suited your particular taste and price range,

On checking their regulations they will see that, you are an exemption to the rules that apply to all other persons, they will then let you bring it in free of any duties