Chinese in campervans spark frustration in Thailand

rooster59

Chinese in campervans spark frustration in Thailand

Tourists accused of parking in inappropriate places amid rising safety fears and traffic woes

Chiang Khong town sits on the edge of Thailand, separated from Laos by the Mekong River.

Each year, thousands of Chinese vehicles pass through, some carrying produce trucked through Laos. Then there are Chinese tourists, conspicuous in their left-hand-drive sport utility vehicles as they traverse northern Thailand's mountainous attractions.

Full story: http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/chinese-in-campervans-spark-frustration-in-thailand

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blows my mind how insular they can be..

They spend millions per year on promoting tourism.. Then when tourists come in a way they cant maximise the cash extraction... they cry foul..

Tourists come with negatives.. These tourists are perhaps not spending the way you want.. Get over it and yourselves..

No,No, this is not how its supposed to be,tourism on the cheap is not

what TAT wants,they want tourists to fly in with plenty of money and

stay in high class hotels,maybe thats why they are now turning to

S.Korea,these Chinese are causing too many problems.

regards Worgeordie

What is missing in this panic is that these Chinese tourists will actually spend money in local businesses unlike the flag following brigade. They will need to buy fuel, food and water, then if there was actually the infrastructure they would camp in camping grounds.

U only have to be present in a hotel lobby when a bus load of quality arrives , Armageddon comes to mind...................................coffee1.gif

You should see some of the yobs who turn up in Spain and Cyprus. That's when you notice that the locals would love to kick out certain tourists.

Tourists accused of parking in inappropriate places amid rising safety fears and traffic woes

That's truly rich to hear a Thai accusing non-Thais of inappropriate parking since Thais park anywhere and everywhere they want---it's one of the things that make Thai roads so dangerous.

"Thai drivers are not that much better than Chinese ones," Mr Zhang Li, 65, told The Straits Times

Got to love the Chinese sometimes! Tell it as it is. In fact many of the "Chinese Chinese" are a lot like the older generations of "Thai Chinese" that were around when I first came here.

Its just to easy..

Koa_logo.pngGoodSamClub.gif

Yes to easy.

I have a friend who has been a member of Good Sam for over 30 years.He stays some places for a month or 2 and pays monthly rate usually around $400 a month.By the week can be $175 and the day $50.My rates by off a little I have not talked with him for 4 years. Great money to be made.Just put in hook ups and little maintenance especially in Thailand. Can make more money from Campers than a hotel with less up start costs and less maintenance costs.

With the help of police ticketing over night stops in public,,forces the campers to use camp sites.Either pay fines for illegal parking or pay to park in accredited camp grounds.

Thailand want the tourists as it's neede for the country!

But they don't like to do anything for the tourists to make it comfortable in any way they are visiting Thailand, even with tents or campers. There is no infrasturcture at all!

And high quality tourists they can find if they turn around and make spots for these people. If i think on Cote d'azur or the Italien toruists sports at the ocean with bars and coffees , nice restaurants to dine out along the stretch of the beaches thats what i expect as a tourist destination that attracs me to go there and spend my money!

And if I want to visit National Parks i expect for that money they want to charge a toruist information system with some english flyers at least: they offer nothing but want 400 bath for what?????

So TAT first try to use your brain before you complain!