Thai police general is among the list of mafia bosses handed over to police by Army

webfact

Dunno....I'm pleasantly surprised at this news. Whether they get cleared is debateable but if, and I say a big if, they get punished properly, maybe the Junta deserve a bit of credit.

I'll give the Junta credit when there is a transparent investigation into irregularities within their own ranks.

Without that this simply reeks of getting rid of the competition.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the same time, the deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, Pol Gen Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul confirmed that Army investigators have handed them a list containing the names of more than 6,000 criminal bosses throughout the entire country.

6000 criminal bosses is already a number.

Strange that army investigators must explain the names to the police.

The police could not discover before these 6000 criminal bosses itself?

"The police could not discover before these 6000 criminal bosses itself?" My italics.

Damned difficult to stop the "brown envelopes" from flowing upwards? And now the police are being asked to investigate themselves? The corrupt disciplining the corrupt? Don't think so. A minority will be sacrificed in order to protect the majority I think.

An investigating body should be made up of more interested parties, e.g. the Judiciary, the corruption authorities, the Military and a minority being Police (and maybe others).

And the list of 6000 should have their assets "frozen" until they can prove their innocence. Thus not allowing of them to dispose of ill gotten gains for their use at a later date. With this news the process will have already begun.

Or is this, once again, just another announcement to placate the world and Thai citizens with, if any, results fading into obscurity? Hope not. coffee1.gif

At the same time, the deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, Pol Gen Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul confirmed that Army investigators have handed them a list containing the names of more than 6,000 criminal bosses throughout the entire country.

6000 criminal bosses is already a number.

Strange that army investigators must explain the names to the police.

The police could not discover before these 6000 criminal bosses itself?

"The police could not discover before these 6000 criminal bosses itself?" My italics.

Damned difficult to stop the "brown envelopes" from flowing upwards? And now the police are being asked to investigate themselves? The corrupt disciplining the corrupt? Don't think so. A minority will be sacrificed in order to protect the majority I think.

An investigating body should be made up of more interested parties, e.g. the Judiciary, the corruption authorities, the Military and a minority being Police (and maybe others).

And the list of 6000 should have their assets "frozen" until they can prove their innocence. Thus not allowing of them to dispose of ill gotten gains for their use at a later date. With this news the process will have already begun.

Or is this, once again, just another announcement to placate the world and Thai citizens with, if any, results fading into obscurity? Hope not. coffee1.gif

Lol yeah thats will do it............ it would be like a game of pass the parcel.

wait for the next elected gvt, and the thai police will also make their own list. I can predict the army chief will be mentioned.

Seriously, in any other country, a similar list would spark outrage, but here nobody is surprise.... everybody knows that the worst criminal are the boys un brown and the guys in green.

Edited by Bender

The Land office just recently passed the Police as perceived the most corrupt by Thais in a recent poll. So maybe they are moving in the right direction (or the land office just made themselves even more corrupt if that is even possible).....gigglem.gif

I don't find humor in this thread.

The corruption in Thailand is unacceptable. The Missus and her friends were born here and they cannot escape the shit that goes on by those in high government positions.

This is not a Thai bashing post, but rather a question about how Thai people should address the corruption in their country.

Any suggestions??

The corruption in Thailand is unacceptable. The Missus and her friends were born here and they cannot escape the shit that goes on by those in high government positions.

This is not a Thai bashing post, but rather a question about how Thai people should address the corruption in their country.

Any suggestions??

Nothing less than a complete top-to-bottom restructure of the RTP, decentralising its command structure, and transferring its reporting to the Ministry of Justice, recruiting overseas advisors/trainers, imposing strict ethical guidelines, sacking every single one of the tens of thousands of criminals currently sitting in inactive posts, and providing a living wage to officers.

In other words, never going to happen...

Any suggestions??

Yup - point the authorities toward Singapore to find out how it is done! Is it going to happen? NO. The authorities (whatever their colour, be they green, red or yellow) always think they can solve all problems themselves.

Well, after 600 years, "corruption" solving is NOT HAPPENING. Why? Too many self-interests to want to solve this and many other problems? whistling.gif

No surprise there, like most of all the other cops. All that is happening is that the Army is replacing the Police as the new Mafia and taking the spoils. Quite possibly, once the Police have gotten tired of losing all the ties to the new, just as corrupt army, then a revolution may be on the cards.

Lots of shouting but at the end nobody gets punished. A couple of years ago I was involved as interpreter in a case where it was obvious that the prosecutor was choosing sides with the criminal. The victim's lawyers found out, they protested in front of the local court, said prosecutor was send off to BKK, inactive, now he is making his way back here.

After his inactive post, they let him continue working as prosecutor in other provinces in other parts of the country, but in the mean time it has been known that he is slowly but surely making his way back to our province.

So I would not have any high hopes of any of these influential figures actually doing time or even losing their jobs, it just doesn't happen.

Once in a while they will pick one out and parade him in front of the media as show that they are actually doing something but it is all just a charade ! Nothing more nothing less.