Sim Cards

esquo

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if a Sim card can be purchased at the new airport ( One 2 Go--- Orange)? :o

I think you mean 1-2-Call, :D (although the airport would be the right place to look for one-2-Go)

Sophon

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if a Sim card can be purchased at the new airport ( One 2 Go--- Orange)? :o

I think you mean 1-2-Call, :D (although the airport would be the right place to look for one-2-Go)

Sophon

Sorry, one 2 call

Both DTAC (Happy!) and AIS (1-2-Call) have counters along the wall facing the customs exits. (By that I mean along the wall whose back is the front of the terminal. Hmmmm, I can't seem to describe it well.) I think they were between exits B and C.

I went there to top-up my prepaid DTAC account while waiting for an arriving friend. They could not oblige. The only thing they do there is sell SIMM cards.

hi can someone tell me the cost of the prepaid card and the actual value inside

and.. the cost of top up card and the actual value inside?

Each mobile phone provider offers his own packages. Look it up on their websites. The offers may change from time to time.

---------------

Maestro

1-2-Call has a starter kit which includes a SIM, for 250 baht. This includes 50 baht of talk-time and an expiration date of +30 days. I think DTAC's comparable starter kit is 199 baht. Top-up cards are available in denominations of 50 (maybe even less?) to 500 baht. They sell for face value, a 100 baht top-card sells for 100 baht and contains 100 baht of talk time. (Merchants get these for less than face value, say 97 baht.) Topping up also extends the expiration date, and generally speaking the higher the value of the top card equals more days added. A 100 baht top up card might add 30 days to the curent expiration date while a 500 baht top up card might add 90 days.

There were some reports here of unscrupulous vendors at Don Muang selling expired SIMs and/or top-up cards so maybe check the expiration date.

According to a map (free, Suvarnabhumi Airport Guide) I have I see a few possible options:

Level 2 Main Terminal and Baggage Claim Area:

DTAC shop

Digital Phone (shop?)

Convenience Store

Level 3 Main Terminal:

Convenience Store

Level 4 Main Terminal:

Family Mart (2 locations)