THE England thread

rijit

19 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Nonsensical rant.  I must admit I also live in fear of becoming demented.

Just answer the last question, Do you think that Southgate, Martinez and Deschamps would have taken advise from all their fitness coaches regarding the advantage of missing the last group game ? but obviously you know better than all of then.

Perhaps it's a co-incidence that all 3 teams won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Well Rashford's close control can enable him to get thru/past defenders with little space and L/C seems to have similar abilities BUT only on occasions!

Agreed. L/C looked good as a sub against Tunisia but didn't do enough against Belgium when he started. 

Lingard has been good in parts but Sterling and Dele have been quite poor. I think one or both may be dropped against Sweden.

It's such a shame 'The Ox' got injured. He'd be great in this team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

@OptaJoe
28 - Jordan Henderson has not ended on the losing side in any of his last 28 England matches (W22 D6), the longest unbeaten run of any England player in history. Importance. #COLENG #ENG #WorldCup 

Yeah,, tbh 2 henderson  would b my choise for capt .. i wasnt a fan but he's overcome  EVERY hurdle  rodgers wantin rid and he's stood up  and improved at every junction .. even with kloppy didnt think he would  fancy  him but liverpool IMO are better with him and always think a c middie is isa  better position 4 a capt .. but hey...were in the quarter finals  <deleted>  do i know

5 minutes ago, Timbob said:

Agreed. L/C looked good as a sub against Tunisia but didn't do enough against Belgium when he started. 

Lingard has been good in parts but Sterling and Dele have been quite poor. I think one or both may be dropped against Sweden.

Agreed with that.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Timbob said:

Ox is a defo miss and thought lingarď worryingly ifaded badly yesterday..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Just answer the last question, Do you think that Southgate, Martinez and Deschamps would have taken advise from all their fitness coaches regarding the advantage of missing the last group game ? but obviously you know better than all of then.

dup

Edited by alfieconn

17 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

and thought lingarď worryingly ifaded badly yesterday..

He covered a great deal of ground as he always does, and he got into their penalty area a few time late in the game, so IMO full marks to him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:

At least if he took them all we wouldn't have missed one !!!

Thing is Henderson is not a penalty taker, he just had the bottle to step up and do what was asked. At least he's playing the real captain's role well, forgot Kane was on the park in the last 25 mins.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, xylophone said:

He covered a great deal of ground as he always does, and he got into their penalty area a few time late in the game, so IMO full marks to him.

Yeah not sayin he played badly  but the one time he got a one on one break..  late on he just couldnt pull away if that was earlier imo think he would probably have done  shame .. but the game seemed to physically take its toll on him..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

So those 3 teams won because they weren't tired? England won on penalties...

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Thing is Henderson is not a penalty taker, he just had the bottle to step up and do what was asked. At least he's playing the real captain's role well, forgot Kane was on the park in the last 25 mins.

Both Kane and Henderson are vital cogs in this team. They are both playing great. Personally I don't care who's captain. It's not cricket after all. 

As for the penalty shootout.... yeah, kudos to anyone who steps up. Where was Vardy? 

Just now, Timbob said:

Both Kane and Henderson are vital cogs in this team. They are both playing great. Personally I don't care who's captain. It's not cricket after all. 

As for the penalty shootout.... yeah, kudos to anyone who steps up. Where was Vardy? 

Yeah it's just Alfie being a knobhead....having a dig at Henderson. ?

I was asking myself the same thing when Dier stepped up...where was Vardy...

• Like 1

I have my opinion, and argue it cogently, without the need to become embroiled in a nonsensical argument which bores everyone else.  

16 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

According to something i read this morning (BBC i think), Vardy and Linguard declined to take one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Groin strain apparently. Southgate didn't want takers who had injuries.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I think we saw that he isn't a penalty taker, mind you nor are Trippier and Dier

Edited by alfieconn

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

So Wils can have a pop at Kane but i am not allowed to have a pop at Henderson,  typical bindippers can give it but can't take it !!!

Edited by alfieconn

12 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Still waiting for an answer Mommys or perhaps Bangkok Bob want's to answer for you  ?

Edited by alfieconn

24 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So Wils can have a pop at Kane but i am not allowed to have a pop at Henderson,  typical bindippers can give it but can't take it !!!

And when did I do that? Typical Alfie....Making <deleted> up to defend your trolling? Time to get back under your bridge laddie:thumbsup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alfieconn said:

The problem is that the 3 so called creative players, Sterling, Dele and Lingard ain't creating, in fact none of them are doing too much at all apart from running around !

Enter Loftus-Cheek?

• Like 1

Still waiting for an answer Mommys or perhaps Bangkok Bob want's to answer for you  ?

You are absolutely spot on... resting players in the BEL game was a no brainer. Not just because of the easier side of the draw as back up, but also in order to rest players and promote harmony in the squad (giving as many people as possible a run out).

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You are absolutely spot on... resting players in the BEL game was a no brainer. Not just because of the easier side of the draw as back up, but also in order to rest players and promote harmony in the squad (giving as many people as possible a run out).

Edited by alfieconn