THE England thread

rijit

That's what they need a bit of German discipline, lazy pampered clowns

Not just discipline. A manager that knows tactics for one thing.

I found it very frustrating listening to football fans slagging off some England players who were only really guilty of following Hodgson's orders.

The Spurs player, for example arrived in France, in form and full of confidence. They left out of form and totally demoralized. Thanks all to Woy.

Regardless of the calamitous euro16 i think Klinsman will look at this squad and think he can get a lot more out of them. I'd imaging the likes of rooney, Hart will be goners too.

A dead badger could get more out of them than Woy F F S!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Fat Head's got the gig. Great.coffee1.gif

And people wonder why i take little or no interest in international football. We've yet to move on from the Graham Taylor era. Expect sweet <deleted> all and you won't be disappointed you'll be spot on.

Oh sorry i forgot, he's a good motivator....well thats just fine then.facepalm.gif

Would it really matter who was appointed manager its the players that have to perform and they just don't do it.

If England beat Malta you will all have egg on your face.

Edited by Sparkles

Would it really matter who was appointed manager its the players that have to perform and they just don't do it.

If England beat Malta you will all have egg on your face.

It very much matters who the manager is. Aside of Rashford, Hodg took the entire squad backwards. Broke the moral seemingly and it looked like a team following orders without a clue as to what they were doing.

I believe in this crop of young English players but no matter how much potential you need a tactician and a man manager that can get it out of them.

Fat head ain't that bloke.

• Like 1

Alladyce tactics; if they're any good we'll pack out the midfield. If they ain't we won't and either way were going route one in attack to a big lump of a center forward.

The only thing i like about him is that he thinks he's a terrific coach so he has a great sense of humor and is going to be hilarious infant of the press and cameras. s said, this is real Mike Bassett stuff!!

• Like 1

Alladyce tactics; if they're any good we'll pack out the midfield. If they ain't we won't and either way were going route one in attack to a big lump of a center forward.

The only thing i like about him is that he thinks he's a terrific coach so he has a great sense of humor and is going to be hilarious infant of the press and cameras. s said, this is real Mike Bassett stuff!!

LAUNCH IT! CHANNEL! GET IT UP TO THE BIG LAD! GET RID!

never mind corners and free-kicks, allardici will have harry kane taking long throws. lobbing them in towards the head of kevin davies.

i suppose on the plus side england now at least have a manager who knows how to get out of a relegation scrap. and sales of wrigleys juicy fruit are going to rocket.

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 1

The England job is a career ending cul de sac!

The only top manager appointed since Venerbles was Fabio Capello. The rest have been yes men, journeymen with limited talent.

I should have added "For English Managers" :)

Despite his inexperience i hoped if they were set on appointing an English manager they would have given it to Eddie Howe. Before i felt him too inexperienced but in the case of the national team job you only gain that by doing it.

If he got rid of the Rooney/Hart old guard theres a group of young players he could have worked with.

• Like 1

As a Bolton fan I used to bemoan those tactics when the useless midfield clogger Okocha lumped it forward to that carthorse of a centre-forward Djorkaeff. Anelka, Hierro, Campo, Gardner, Diouff, Speed and a few others were all rubbish too.

Good luck to Big Sam. He's going to win a lot of people over. He'll win matches when it matters and the football will be good too. He gets the best to produce their best. He's had to work with some poor teams and players over the years; he can now pick the very best available.

• Like 2

As a Bolton fan I used to bemoan those tactics when the useless midfield clogger Okocha lumped it forward to that carthorse of a centre-forward Djorkaeff. Anelka, Hierro, Campo, Gardner, Diouff, Speed and a few others were all rubbish too.

Good luck to Big Sam. He's going to win a lot of people over. He'll win matches when it matters and the football will be good too. He gets the best to produce their best. He's had to work with some poor teams and players over the years; he can now pick the very best available.

I'm a Porridge <deleted>, but i'm far from Anti English. I hope you're right. Maybe he's the type of manager England have needed. But, he did have a good skilled squad at Newcastle, arguably the best set of players he's had at his disposal. Look what happened there.

Good try but no. he'll go route one lump it upfield. Its what he knows and what he feels comfortable with. He has a great early '80's football brain.

The rest of europe just moved on.

• Like 2

he's gone hugely backwards since his bolton days mate.

• Like 1

Good try but no. he'll go route one lump it upfield. Its what he knows and what he feels comfortable with. He has a great early '80's football brain.

In fairness, I don't think Sam has had anybody of quality to work with, so I suppose he has always been limited to route one. I think I'll reserve my judgement till I've seen how he sets up for the first few matches with players of a higher calibre.

In fairness, I don't think Sam has had anybody of quality to work with, so I suppose he has always been limited to route one. I think I'll reserve my judgement till I've seen how he sets up for the first few matches with players of a higher calibre.

in fairness as well it's him that's signed those players at the time. and him that's then coached them to lump it up at the big lad.

i think he'll probably do an alright job with england. i mean it's not like england fans actually expect the england team to play good, attractive football is it? last time they did that was about 1990.