Common (legal) Bikes that could donor for Cafe Racer?

I turned an XJR400 into a caferacer (work in progress)

It has an invoice, no greenbook.

Shame it has no book. makes it worthless.

Not to me, I created her, not planning on selling her either.

I hear ya mate.

Hopefully it never gets impounded.

These 3 bikes were on the Stallions stand at the 2016 bangkok motorshow. The green one is CT400 based and the other 2 are the 250 single model. The green one had a sticker on the seat showing the kit was fitted by KD project racing. The stallions people said the green bike kit cost about 50,000. Verrrrry tidy, but i'd like the pipes a bit lower slung post-104113-0-21002300-1459922601_thumb.post-104113-0-04310700-1459922620_thumb.post-104113-0-90174900-1459922648_thumb.post-104113-0-37869000-1459922675_thumb.

Edited by johnno2

Agreed about the pipes, I really didn't like my previous pipe burns.

I had a look at the Stallion dealer in Mueang Chiangmai today. Unfortunately they had "sold out" of 400's. The Iron thingy (pretend chopper) had stupidly heavy steering while stationary (I've never sat on a chopper before), and the seat wobbled in a somewhat disconcerting way. Like me it hung a little more to the left as well. Probably fun for a little fang though and I could probably get used to the relaxed peg position.

The other 150's where taller than I expected. At 5'11" I could just get my feet flat, a touch tall for the average Thai. Some bolts too long, some too short, a little more rust protection required, hard seat, and needing some setup adjustment (the dealer clearly doesn't know about symmetry). But overall they look great for the price and not hard to improve.

Can I ride one?. No. Is there somewhere I could hire one? No. And that last question had to be asked in numerous ways by a Thai as even the concept seemed incomprehensible. They could rent out a demo bike at say 700b/day and be well in profit after 100 rentals while actually promoting the bike. Sigh...

Edited by AlphaSoiDog

Agreed about the pipes, I really didn't like my previous pipe burns.

I had a look at the Stallion dealer in Mueang Chiangmai today. Unfortunately they had "sold out" of 400's. The Iron thingy (pretend chopper) had stupidly heavy steering while stationary (I've never sat on a chopper before), and the seat wobbled in a somewhat disconcerting way. Like me it hung a little more to the left as well. Probably fun for a little fang though and I could probably get used to the relaxed peg position.

The other 150's where taller than I expected. At 5'11" I could just get my feet flat, a touch tall for the average Thai. Some bolts too long, some too short, a little more rust protection required, hard seat, and needing some setup adjustment (the dealer clearly doesn't know about symmetry). But overall they look great for the price and not hard to improve.

Can I ride one?. No. Is there somewhere I could hire one? No. And that last question had to be asked in numerous ways by a Thai as even the concept seemed incomprehensible. They could rent out a demo bike at say 700b/day and be well in profit after 100 rentals while actually promoting the bike. Sigh...

as much as i dont like bashing thailand and its "way of doing things", i find it really frustrating at their narrow outlook at things like you mention. "you want to test ride? why? it is very good bike to ride, trust me". yeah sure. no test ride, no buy, easy