Check your 3BB speed today

balo

Big problems here in Jomtien , I have been running test.my.net for several hours and all I get is 200-300 kpbs to Europe . It's not possible to watch any streams at the moment .

I will wait until tomorrow before I make a complaint to 3BB . Not sure if this is limited to only servers outside of Thailand or if it's a domestic issue,

Is it normal to get the following message when trying that test.my.net site? (Note the very last line)

----

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from test.my.net (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is test.my.net; its security certificate is fromcc.sedoparking.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to test.my.net (unsafe)

Is it normal to get the following message when trying that test.my.net site? (Note the very last line)

----

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from test.my.net (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is test.my.net; its security certificate is fromcc.sedoparking.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to test.my.net (unsafe)

Sorry my mistake , the address is testmy.net , its completely safe , do not use the other one.

TOT's been having problems for quite a while. Some locations overseas you can get a normal download speed while others are ridiculously slow. Supposed to be something to do with a damaged subsea internet cable.

We have 3BB over here in my Darkside complex. Speeds were appalling. Or rather no speeds. I resorted again to my DTAC personal hotspot, which was showing 20+ mb/s. Have to say there's never been a single spot of trouble when using DTAC. However, I use it only as a backup since it would be very costly to stream YouTube videos etc.

It might be more than a local or 3BB problem.

As @Guderian (#6) I had problems to Europe on Tot fibre out in the sticks.

AND: I am subscribed to a German language IPTV service (with time shift).

It streams from Bangkok servers for users in SEA.

Content is streamed to there by some professional Thai company selling guaranteed bandwidth.

The service is rock-solid, Can not even remember when there were any problems last time.

Even this IPTV service showed a popup warning today that there might be problems on some channels.

BUT:

A test to a German server that showed big problems yesterday was quite OK just now.

http://avm.de/service/zack-der-speedtest-fuer-ihre-breitbandverbindung/

A file download test from UK was terrible yesterday, today "reasonable" (5 Mbit/s as shown by download manager).

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download/

All quite erratic at the moment.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3BB gave everyone a huge upgrade, people who were on 13/1 adsl(no longer available) package are now on 20/2,adsl is now replaced by VDSl 631 baht a month for 20/4, those who were on fiber 30/3 are now on 100/10.

the speed is guanranteed within the country but the contention ratio is hitting us hard because of the upgrade, my guess is they'll monitor the bandwidth needed to match their contention ratio per package and will proceed to the modification very soon.

Last few days poor 3BB for me here in south Pattaya. Did a speed test and not good readings. Also noticed my "connection" sometimes disconnects.

For a few days earlier in the week I had problems with 3BB, even losing the connection entirely several times one night ... in South Pattaya.

Whatever it was, it was corrected. Now back to decent performance for downloads and video for a couple of day.

I can confirm that the speed to Europe (UK and Germany) was back to normal today. After a few days with terrible download /stream speed 2-300 kpbs , now I get between 2 and 4 Mbps instead , so everything is good here , btw I'm on the cheapest 3BB package.

I am on the other side of Pattaya and my ISP is True, and my connection was problematic last night, and this morning.

Connection to internet switching in and out, started late afternoon, particularly with secure (https:) connections.

I have switched a VPN in and it improved.

Here, in Phuket, I started to have disconnections every day at the same hour of the day. It started when they did the upgrade (I did not know about the upgrade at that time). The "technicians" from 3 BB came 3 times to my house. They did not speak about the upgrade, they said everything was ok, changed the splitter and after that told me that I should change my modem-router as from their side everything was working.....I still had the problem, but not every day. Today, I installed my new modem and everything is working, but maybe it would have been working with my old modem too.... The speed is very, very good. Ok, I learned that I must not believe what the "technicians" say... ;)

I have had 3BB for the past 3 years and very little problems until last Wednesday when I lost service. They could not tell me why and promised to call back. 555. Did not and despite calls to them over the next two days did not receive a satisfactory response and got the same old line, will call you back. Waited until Friday night, no call, so contacted True and had the line installed today. Was given 15GB for B150 less and the whole fit out took less than an hour. Still no contact from 3BB by late this afternoon and when I rang to cancel was offered all types of inducements to stay but I was not interested and now have a far superior and quicker service. Their loss my gain.

Changed to 3BB Fibre 30/3 Mbps service a couple of months ago. A couple of weeks ago received a free upgrade to their latest service 100/10 Mbps. Speeds in Kingdom as advertised. Speeds to London, just checked on TestMy.net - 6.5 Mbps.