Russian faces charges for fatal Phuket head-on collision

snoop1130

Russian faces charges for fatal Phuket head-on collision
Darawan Naknakhon

post-249866-0-20466700-1460721302_thumb.

PHUKET: -- A Russian man in Phuket is facing a charge of reckless driving causing death after he drove his car down the wrong side of a street in Rawai last night (Apr 14), fatally injuring a Thai man riding his motorbike in the opposite direction.

Police were notified of the accident at 11:45pm.

“We were called to Soi Samakkee 4, off Sai Yuan Rd, where a Toyota Yaris had collided with a Honda Click motorbike,” explained Lt Chanat Hongsitchaikul of the Chalong Police.

The impact left the motorbike driver, Narong Jarat, 44, unconscious with head injuries. He was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town for treatment.

The Toyota driver, named by police as Russian national Ruslan Gainutdinov, 37, was unharmed in the collision.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-faces-charges-for-fatal-phuket-head-on-collision-57043.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-04-15

It's only right and proper he should face a serious charge after killing someone in Thailand and it will hurt his pocket more than himself as normal Thai process is just pay out cash rather than face a prison sentence after the trial he should be blacklisted from thailand for life

...it really seems like the laws are only enforced against foreigners....

...1000 people killed this week....any charges laid.....???

...get the tourist because he should have money....???

...nonsense....

...driving down the wrong side....did he do it deliberately.....

...it was obviously an accident....

The article does not say much about the specifics of what happened. The driver could have been passing a vehicle that had stopped in his lane. Also motorbikes typically drive towards the shoulder side of the road and if so the damage would have been on the other side of the vehicle. The motorbike may have been on the wrong side of the road too or tried to pass between him and another vehicle. Hard to say much without knowing. Wonder if they checked for video or dash cam like they do so often?

...nonsense....

No such thing as an accident.

Do some research on risk assessment.

Must have been speeding, seeing that damage to the car. Two speeders. coffee1.gif

60 kph each is a combined impact speed of 120 kph. What does a car look like after hitting a parked motorbike at 120 kph?

Your argument is flawed, "60 kph each is a combined impact speed of 120 kph". But if the motorbike is parked, it clearly isn't doing 60 kph, so impact speed is only 60 kph. Just saying

its unfortunate that we can't see the business on the side of the car. I always make certain to avoid the businesses of bad drivers.

I recognize the car. The address is www.houseforsale.com and their office is very near the Rawai Or Bor Tor, 50 metres on the left on the road that goes to Nai Harni.

Guess you won't be buying a house from them, eh? Oh, forgot, you wouldn't want to live in the area that has 95% of all of Phuket's burglaries.

its unfortunate that we can't see the business on the side of the car. I always make certain to avoid the businesses of bad drivers.

I recognize the car. The address is www.houseforsale.com and their office is very near the Rawai Or Bor Tor, 50 metres on the left on the road that goes to Nai Harni.

Guess you won't be buying a house from them, eh? Oh, forgot, you wouldn't want to live in the area that has 95% of all of Phuket's burglaries.

Then i have seen this maniac before, i remember a similar name. I think they have 2 small toyota as i have seen 2 different models over the months one of the drivers is a woman with something russian on the other model. Remember one time on chaofa they were passing someone in oncoming traffic that was already passing someone. So they were almost in the shoulder of the opposite side.

3 weeks or so ago i saw them on sai yuan, they passed people 4-5 times with oncoming vehicles almost colliding, just to get stuck behind 10 cars at the wiset junction.

Seems like a good thing, they wont be driving around anytime soon.

Edited by bearpolar

...nonsense....

You've excelled your usual self on this one. Yes, there were charges made in connection with this week's deaths, as you well know.

What other way is there to drive on the wrong side of the road when sober apart from deliberately? Do you really think he didn't mean to drive were he was driving or perhaps the car took control of itself?

The incidents that killed the 1000 people [sic] were obviously accidents also, they didn't have accidents deliberately.

60 kph each is a combined impact speed of 120 kph. What does a car look like after hitting a parked motorbike at 120 kph?

Your argument is flawed, "60 kph each is a combined impact speed of 120 kph". But if the motorbike is parked, it clearly isn't doing 60 kph, so impact speed is only 60 kph. Just saying

His comment, not argument, is spot on. It is you that misunderstood his point.

The UK police no longer refer to "accidents", but Road Traffic Collisions. "Accidents" infers no fault and no way to avoid, whereas in fact carelessness or recklessness are a feature of almost 100% of collisions, and someone should always be held to account.

Another stupid farang killing a Thai.

Thailand certainly is getting more dangerous for thai people because of farangs here.

Usually the farang apologists on Thaivisa come out and try to blame it on the Thai.

I know a Russian a couple of years back who killed a Thai with similar driving on Theprassit rd pattaya. He spent a few months in prison because he didn't want to pay out the family. I hope this farang shows a bit more compassion and common sense.

So with two songkran deaths in Phuket this year we can blame half of them on the stupid farang.

Edited by Roomuck

Thailand certainly is getting more dangerous for thai people because of farangs here.

Usually the farang apologists on Thaivisa come out and try to blame it on the Thai.

I know a Russian a couple of years back who killed a Thai with similar driving on Theprassit rd pattaya. He spent a few months in prison because he didn't want to pay out the family. I hope this farang shows a bit more compassion and common sense.

So with two songkran deaths in Phuket this year we can blame half of them on the stupid farang.

Pity you don't live up to your name. But then, maybe you do depending on the pronunciation.

The two deaths on Phuket (so far) are 100% the fault of Westerners. Though, that doesn't change the fact, that in general, Thais are crap drivers.

Edited by KarenBravo

Pity you don't live up to your name. But then, maybe you do depending on the pronunciation.

The two deaths on Phuket (so far) are 100% the fault of Westerners. Though, that doesn't change the fact, that in general, Thais are crap drivers.

Unfortunately so are a lot of foreigners who come to Thailand especially the tourists

The UK police no longer refer to "accidents", but Road Traffic Collisions. "Accidents" infers no fault and no way to avoid, whereas in fact carelessness or recklessness are a feature of almost 100% of collisions, and someone should always be held to account.

As a Tow Truck driver I used to respond to car vs. elk or deer calls all of the time, There is absolutely no way a person driving at highway speeds could avoid an animal of that size bounding out of the trees alongside the highway.

I also responded to more than one call where a tree alongside the roadway fell on the vehicle as it passed by, one of which resulted in a fatality.

Another call I responded to was to tow away a pickup truck driven by a park ranger which had been struck by a large rock that fell from an overhang hundreds of feet above the vehicle.

I could go on and on.

I will concede that most collisions are caused by human error or recklessness, but not "almost 100%" of them. I would also question why the word "collision" would automatically infer fault. A collision is just that, it is one object striking another.

Most people use the word "accident" to refer to an event that occurred which was unplanned, regardless of fault.

Amazing Thailand!

The Redbull heir killed someone years ago, yet no charges...... and the crazed Benz driver last month, not charged yet......

But, hey a Farrang have an unfortunate traffic collision that put a somchai in Hospital, god forbid, lets charge him quickly, so we can drain his ATM.......

After all

TIT

coffee1.gif

So he should face charges,this has happened in NZ where we drive on the right same as Thai and other countries,tired chinese and other foreign drivers have caused major fatalities by forgetting which side to drive on.

Jeez kiwikeith, you had better knock off the booze or drugs or whatever cause you gonna have a "road traffic collision" back in your home country if you drive! sad.png

Thanks kiwi leith. I'm heading to NZ for the first time in a couple of months, hired a car and plan to drive on the left like in the UK. Didn't realize you drive on the right in NZ, like Thailand

I am confused. Thailand drives on the left side of the road the same as UK.

No idea about NZ. I had thought left side of road like UK ?

Amazing Thailand!

The Redbull heir killed someone years ago, yet no charges...... and the crazed Benz driver last month, not charged yet......

But, hey a Farrang have an unfortunate traffic collision that put a somchai in Hospital, god forbid, lets charge him quickly, so we can drain his ATM.......

After all

TIT

coffee1.gif

He actually put him in the morgue.

Thanks kiwi leith. I'm heading to NZ for the first time in a couple of months, hired a car and plan to drive on the left like in the UK. Didn't realize you drive on the right in NZ, like Thailand

I am confused. Thailand drives on the left side of the road the same as UK.

No idea about NZ. I had thought left side of road like UK ?

Of course they drive on the left in NZ, otherwise all their Australian Holden's would have the steering wheel on the wrong side.

NZ don't stray too far from the influences of big brothers Australia and UK.