Just announced: State of Palestine Passports

webfact

Just announced: State of Palestine Passports

RAMALLAH: -- Hussein al-Sheikh, the Palestinian Minister of Civil Affairs, informed Israel on Wednesday that his government intends to issue passports stamped with the name and seal of the State of Palestine.

As things stand today, and have stood since the Oslo Peace Accords were enacted in the mid-1990s, the passport issued to Palestinian residents of the West Bank and Gaza reads Palestinian Authority and features the Authoritys seal on its cover.

Al-Sheikh, who is also in charge of the Palestinian Authoritys contacts with the Israeli government, made the announcement on Palestine Radio. He said the new travel documents would be issued soon and explained that he had informed his Israeli counterparts of the decision.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/70458/just-announced-state-palestine-passports

-- etn 2016-04-18

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the state of Palestine? where is it? dose it have it's own currency? dose it have a defined borders?

dose it have a legal Capitol city? was a Palestinian sate was declared by the UN while everyone was sleeping?

Just as well, let them give back the Israeli passports that they have been using so far, and let them use the

new one, good luck to them,,,,

What is the state of Palestine? where is it? dose it have it's own currency? dose it have a defined borders?

dose it have a legal Capitol city? was a Palestinian sate was declared by the UN while everyone was sleeping?

Just as well, let them give back the Israeli passports that they have been using so far, and let them use the

Hopefully one day soon, the questions you ask will be resolved in a fair and amicable manner - they are, after all, perfectly legitimate questions that any citizen of any country should be allowed to ask of himself. Thankfully the West is increasingly waking up to the plight of the Palestinians - the tide is finally turning.

Another brick in the wall that is being built around Israel.

A wall that keeps that keeps savages OUT and Islamic terrorist attacks at a bare minimum. Israel has one of the best armies in the world and a thriving technology sector. The Palestinians have ended up with pretty much nothing due to their own intransigence and reliance on violence. Passports that no one civilized will accept do not change that.

"the Israeli passports that they have been using so far"

As things stand today, and have stood since the Oslo Peace Accords were enacted in the mid-1990s, the passport issued to Palestinian residents of the West Bank and Gaza reads Palestinian Authority and features the Authoritys seal on its cover.

Hopefully one day soon, the questions you ask will be resolved in a fair and amicable manner - they are, after all, perfectly legitimate questions that any citizen of any country should be allowed to ask of himself. Thankfully the West is increasingly waking up to the plight of the Palestinians - the tide is finally turning.

"The plight". Now that's an interesting expression. I would say there's a bit of wake up also to what groups like Hamas espouse. (Ask a few Europeans what they think now. Not the same? Really?)

But then again, some still superimpose their western sensibilities on non western situations.

When you wake up you'd better check both sides of the bed.

Here's an old one, check out the name and what language is that written on it?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460954517.539032.jpg

In that a one state solution seems more and more inevitable, as Israel swallows up any land that could make any separate state of Palestine viable, these are exactly the same languages, Arabic and Hebrew, that will one day appear on the future passports of Palestine/Israelistine/Palisrael/Israel...whatever.
When people are so intertwined geographically, historically, religiously, and economically it is a certainly that one day they will all share the same country anyway.
Edited by dexterm

It's symbolic. They already could get passports. I don't see it as a significant step towards an ACTUAL two state solution OR a merging of Israel and Palestine. Basically the status quo (not great) is the same. For actual progress, there needs to be DIRECT negotiations between Israel and whatever leadership is legitimate for the Palestinians (questionable at this point). I say questionable because you've got super old Abbas who his own people overwhelmingly hate and then in Gaza you've got Hamas rule, a full blown terrorist organization dedicated to genocide of the Jews.

I do understand younger West Bank Palestinians don't really care much about a two state solution. They want to be part of a greater Israelastine. But guess what, Israelis DON'T want that -- the reason for Israel's existence is to be a homeland for the Jewish people, including minorities of course, but Jews being the minority in their ONE national homeland is a NON STARTER ... so good luck with that one.

Arab people have MANY MANY nations already where they are the majority.

Jewish people only have the ONE and it is called ISRAEL ... and will NOT let it go, not after what the Jewish people have been through over the centuries.

Cheers and hope the people getting these new passports will use them in PEACE. That is not a prediction, but a HOPE.

Edited by Jingthing

"The plight". Now that's an interesting expression. I would say there's a bit of wake up also to what groups like Hamas espouse. (Ask a few Europeans what they think now. Not the same? Really?)

But then again, some still superimpose their western sensibilities on non western situations.

When you wake up you'd better check both sides of the bed.

Your suggestion that Palestinian = terrorist is very presumptuous and, I am sure, a highly insulting insinuation. Are all Irish to be classed as terrorists because of the Continuity IRA or whatever they choose to call themselves?

It was such fantastic western sensibilities as imperialism and invasion, land theft, concentration camps etc which led to this situation in the first place. Maybe it is time that we moved on from those because they do nothing to foster peace.

I think they could go in the majority of countries worldwide which ALREADY recognize Palestine as a state, while the "world" (read here USA/Europe/Israel) say it is not a country.

palestineRecognition6002.jpg

That supposed solidarity soon dries up when someone tries to use their Palestinian passport only to discover it's the seventh most useless in the world, based on where it allows someone to travel to without a visa.

It's symbolic. They already could get passports. I don't see it as a significant step towards an ACTUAL two state solution OR a merging of Israel and Palestine. Basically the status quo (not great) is the same. For actual progress, there needs to be DIRECT negotiations between Israel and whatever leadership is legitimate for the Palestinians (questionable at this point). I say questionable because you've got super old Abbas who his own people overwhelmingly hate and then in Gaza you've got Hamas rule, a full blown terrorist organization dedicated to genocide of the Jews.

I do understand younger West Bank Palestinians don't really care much about a two state solution. They want to be part of a greater Israelastine. But guess what, Israelis DON'T want that -- the reason for Israel's existence is to be a homeland for the Jewish people, including minorities of course, but Jews being the minority in their ONE national homeland is a NON STARTER ... so good luck with that one.

Arab people have MANY MANY nations already where they are the majority.

Jewish people only have the ONE and it is called ISRAEL ... and will NOT let it go, not after what the Jewish people have been through over the centuries.

Cheers and hope the people getting these new passports will use them in PEACE. That is not a prediction, but a HOPE.

Far from Israelastine being a non starter, it is almost completed. In the area that Israel controls today from Lebanon to Egypt, from the Mediterranean to the Jordan, Palestinians are already the majority. The only way for Israel to make the Jewish homeland a Jewish State, with all the overt racist supremacism, is to deny Palestinians under their control the vote (apartheid) or by ethnic cleansing..both unpalatable to the global communty.
Israel has painted itself into a corner.
Israel/Palestine could still be a Jewish homeland, a haven for Jews genuinely persecuted in the world, without having a Jewish majority. Legislate it into a constitution.
Inevitably Israeli Jews will be travelling on Palestinian passports too.
Edited by dexterm

I think there may possibly be a good news aspect in this news from the POV of those like me that support a two state solution, Palestine and Israel living side by side in peace, but separated.

Of course Israel would continue to have a large Arab minority (currently about 20 percent) and the state of Palestine will likely not allow Jewish citizens (very racist of them, but that would be their choice and right). Some of Israel's Arab citizens might choose to move to Palestine, but likely not a high percentage.

A State of Palestine passport may well instill PRIDE in the idea of a SEPARATE state of Palestine with reasonable borders directly negotiated with Israel. No, I'm not suggesting that this will actually happen anytime soon, or that it would be at all easy for that to even happen ... but that's still the best hope for BOTH peoples.

Like I said currently most young West Bank Arabs don't have the two state dream. Maybe, just maybe, the identity of these passports may change that feeling.

So personally I have no problem with this new passport labeling. It's neutral and maybe even hopeful.

Edited by Jingthing

Good, one more nail in Israel's coffin. coffee1.gif

Yes, not surprising that some people oppose the right of Israel to exist and are cheer leading for it's destruction.

That is well known.

Very hateful and very well known.

I don't want to see its destruction, but rather, I want to see it being slapped into reality once in a while. gigglem.gif

Yes, not surprising that some people oppose the right of Israel to exist and are cheer leading for it's destruction.

That is well known.

I don't want to see its destruction, but rather, I want to see it being slapped into reality once in a while. gigglem.gif

Oh, please.

You said what you said.

Don't take people for fools.

When people say that are happy about nails in the COFFIN of something, that means they wish that thing DEAD.

If you want to apologize for that disgusting and hateful post, you're welcome to do so.

A tip to you ... it would be very different if you said something like that in reference to the Netanyahu government ... but your reference read as a wish for death of the entire state of Israel. No surprise that got likes ... the Israel demonization agenda has many fans.

Edited by Jingthing

Palestine has been recognised by many countries, others will follow. The world sooner or later will realise the atrocities that Israel has committed , they can build walls, and expand territories, DELETED

Edited by seedy
trolling

Palestine has been recognised by many countries, others will follow. The world sooner or later will realise the atrocities that Israel has committed , they can build walls, and expand territories, the day will come when all people from Arab countries will stand on that wall and "piss" simultaneously to turn Israel into the biggest lake in the Middle East

Should be great for irrigating the crops.

Garbanzo / lamb's head pee -- nothing beats it.

Creative and original effort at insulting Israel though.thumbsup.gif

You get a picture in your head.

I pictured only males pissing over the walls. Was that your intention? Ladies might be at risk of falling over ... especially Saudis ...

Edited by Jingthing

That is well known.

Oh, please.

You said what you said.

Don't take people for fools.

When people say that are happy about nails in the COFFIN of something, that means they wish that thing DEAD.

If you want to apologize for that disgusting and hateful post, you're welcome to do so.

A tip to you ... it would be very different if you said something like that in reference to the Netanyahu government ... but your reference read as a wish for death of the entire state of Israel. No surprise that got likes ... the Israel demonization agenda has many fans.

the Israel demonization agenda has many fans.

Why would that be coffee1.gif

Ladies could carry their portion in a bottle and just participate in the act. An effort to insult Israel..... You r spot on , they rave about what happened to them 70 years ago but don't give it shit what they been doing to them..... Fair is fare