Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

^What a referee error in the Premier, would you credit it

bh BB i reckon the officials do a very good job on the whole although i am in favor of limited video technology. Question is, how far do they take it?

Nope

As it is for me to much interference will.ultimatly slow the game down. And the fetless suckers that managers are they will soon be working on ways to work them when and where to there teams advantage, which again will dilute the game further Down. But red cards are so over due to the gobby little sits that harass the refs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^What a referee error in the Premier, would you credit it

bh BB i reckon the officials do a very good job on the whole although i am in favor of limited video technology. Question is, how far do they take it?

Nope

As it is for me to much interference will.ultimatly slow the game down. And the fetless suckers that managers are they will soon be working on ways to work them when and where to there teams advantage, which again will dilute the game further Down. But red cards are so over due to the gobby little sits that harass the refs.

disregard that comment /

Edited by alfieconn

^I wonder if these professional refs do a better job than refs in decades past. It is a difficult job but every round of games there's mistakes. Makes a mockery of the game that it can be decided by the ref and not by the teams.

It would help if the players stopped spending ninety minutes trying to con the officials then start crying when the official gets one wrong.

Totally agree with you. I would LOVE to see football copy rugby in the way rugby players have to button it, respect the ref and only the captains can make polite comments to "sir"...im convinced football would be better for it.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

^I wonder if these professional refs do a better job than refs in decades past. It is a difficult job but every round of games there's mistakes. Makes a mockery of the game that it can be decided by the ref and not by the teams.

'Not by the teams'?

Sorry, thought my last sentence was clear but if not, what I meant, was it's wrong that teams can battle it out for 90 minutes but the game can be decided by a referee's error and not by the skills and endevours of the teams...that's wrong.

• Like 1

'Not by the teams'?

Sorry, thought my last sentence was clear but if not, what I meant, was it's wrong that teams can battle it out for 90 minutes but the game can be decided by a referee's error and not by the skills and endevours of the teams...that's wrong.

Referees and linesmen haven't all of a sudden started making mistakes. It's been happening since football was conceived. The problem now for the referee, is the video replay which has spawned thousands of armchair judges, pawing over every aspect of the error and, after due consideration, castigating him for being wrong. The modern day referee is on a hiding to nothing.

• Like 2

'Not by the teams'?

Referees and linesmen haven't all of a sudden started making mistakes. It's been happening since football was conceived. The problem now for the referee, is the video replay which has spawned thousands of armchair judges, pawing over every aspect of the error and, after due consideration, castigating him for being wrong. The modern day referee is on a hiding to nothing.

Aren't they on a hundred grand a year?

Aren't they on a hundred grand a year?

If we're talking exclusively about the Premier League, I hope they are. Footballers make mistakes every game and, when a striker isn't doing his job and not scoring goals, it's all put down to his lack of confidence, not getting the service etc., but they all still draw they're 200 grand a week don't they? One thing I do think should be removed from the referee's responsibilities is timekeeping. He's got enough to worry about without wondering whether he should add on any more time to the time that has been allocated for injuries, last minute substitutions and time wasting.

• Like 1

'Not by the teams'?

Exactly, but couldn't the authorities do something in these modern days to minimise referree errors...of course they could...will they...of course they won't. ..why...because they still dream that the game my kids school team play in Thailand will be referred in the same way the world cup final will be referred anywhere in the world. There are many ways the officials could be helped, but just think of the changes that have been introduced over say since 1966...mimimal. Premier league is big business, whatever measures needed to ensure that the result is fair and correct could be introduced and should be introduced so that referee errors are a rarity.
  • Like 1

Taking into account that we have a Champions League tie next Wednesday, I thought the side picked against Stoke was designed to get a draw, which is exactly what we got and deserved no better. Traore, Hazard and Willian worked hard to conjure up chances but, without the inventiveness of Fabregas in midfield, who else was going to create something? Certainly not Oscar, who puts in a tackle or two and tends to plod around the edge of the opposition penalty area, nor Matic, who is struggling to get back to his best or Mikel who hasn't a creative bone in his body. Traore movement is first class and he took it upon himself to work some space and fire in a screamer. Stoke have a decent midfield and a good attack but their defence is slow and suspect. This was a chance to get at them and expose their lack of pace, but Hiddink's initial selection put paid to that

• Like 2

Well gus was rather negative to say the least...lest hope his resting of certain players pays off. We have to score 4 goals to get past Psg on Wednesday night/Thursday morning imho.......gone are the days when we could defend a 1 nil lead for any length of time.

When I first came here donkey's years ago most supported Liverpoon and some Younited. These days I think there's more Chelsea shirts on the street (just ahead of the other two). Mind you, Blackburn and Newcastle shirts used to be considered fashionable for thais.

It's nearly all Chelsea here in Suphan, hard to fathom then that the sports shop in Robinsons has shirts from a handful of lesser teams but no Chelsea.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great atmosphere last night in Bangkok <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsmanBkk">@SportsmanBkk</a> - bar was pumping <a href="https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial">@SpursOfficial</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SpursThailand">@SpursThailand</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/spursnon">@spursnon</a> <a href="https://t.co/XRWwmny7jM">pic.twitter.com/XRWwmny7jM</a></p>— e-Spurs Thailand (@e_spursthailand) <a href="
">March 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's nearly all Chelsea here in Suphan, hard to fathom then that the sports shop in Robinsons has shirts from a handful of lesser teams but no Chelsea.

Great atmosphere last night in Bangkok https://twitter.com/SportsmanBkk"]@SportsmanBkk[/url] - bar was pumping @SpursOfficial @SpursThailand @spursnon pic.twitter.com/XRWwmny7jM— e-Spurs Thailand (@e_spursthailand) March 6, 2016

Bet you can't type that again.
  • Like 1

Yes that's the end of CL football for us for at least one season. No surprise really. Costa looked up for it until he limped off with yet another hamstring problem. Hazard subsequently bottled it when he realised the fat lady was playing the mission impossible theme tune in the shed[emoji22]

We looked utter [emoji90][emoji90][emoji90] in the second half and then we bring on Oscar[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85] words fail me

Now to Everton away in the FA cup. They will be licking their lips and sharpening their claws in anticipation

It makes me reflect on better times

ca7b89500ea60c9bddcd1228f9f688d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sometimes you've got to acknowledge that we were beaten by a better team. Over the two legs, their passing game was superior, they were quicker to the ball and not once did I see them fall back and defend their lead, pushing forward at every opportunity. I can't single out any of our players that didn't play well, it was just a very good performance from a very good PSG side. I think they will go a long way in this year's competition. The second goal by Ibrahimovic was the killer, rendering the game fairly meaningless after that.

The important thing now is how the players react to that. How much regard will they put to the FA Cup after a deflating result like that? Will they 'put it all in' for the remaining Premier League games?

• Like 2

Fortunate to still be in this tie................Psg should have won by more than the 1 goal. Don,t know why blind Gus started Mikel facepalm.gif,he is utterly useless. Hazard had a stinker.....a game to forget.

i enjoyed it,yes psg should have won by more goals,they will have to do better at stamford bridge,unless chelsea throws their toys out of the pram.

my highlight was 1hr.before the match,seeing them old pundits,gray,and kk.who was very grey, and a very looking fit souness,with a rather battered r.keys.

must be all of 20odd yrs.since i saw them guys. gray who was andy,keegan who was toshacks doubles partner and souness who was hard as dave mac.

chelsea for the second leg.

psg did do better.

some chelsea players didnt have a second leg.

Fortunate to still be in this tie................Psg should have won by more than the 1 goal. Don,t know why blind Gus started Mikel facepalm.gif,he is utterly useless. Hazard had a stinker.....a game to forget.

i enjoyed it,yes psg should have won by more goals,they will have to do better at stamford bridge,unless chelsea throws their toys out of the pram.

my highlight was 1hr.before the match,seeing them old pundits,gray,and kk.who was very grey, and a very looking fit souness,with a rather battered r.keys.

must be all of 20odd yrs.since i saw them guys. gray who was andy,keegan who was toshacks doubles partner and souness who was hard as dave mac.

chelsea for the second leg.

psg did do better.

some chelsea players didnt have a second leg.

Sometimes you've got to acknowledge that we were beaten by a better team. Over the two legs, their passing game was superior, they were quicker to the ball and not once did I see them fall back and defend their lead, pushing forward at every opportunity. I can't single out any of our players that didn't play well, it was just a very good performance from a very good PSG side. I think they will go a long way in this year's competition. The second goal by Ibrahimovic was the killer, rendering the game fairly meaningless after that.

The important thing now is how the players react to that. How much regard will they put to the FA Cup after a deflating result like that? Will they 'put it all in' for the remaining Premier League games?

I never thought that we were good enough to beat them and the 1st leg said it all....they are far better than us. But i don,t think they are that good and will go out in the next round.......yeah...does n,t say much for us does it. Too many of our players are just not good enough at what they are supposed to be doing.........Dave so many years and games playing at Lb cant play at Rb any more imo, looks uncomfortable as a defender gets turned far too easily and goes walkabout to often (ok going forward) but his job is to Defend. Mikel loads of time and space on the ball especially in the second half......why? because the opposition know he is shytte and can,t be bothered to close him down or tackle him knowing that he ain,t gonna cause them any problems at all. Hazard looks like he doesn,t want to know any more and is saving himself for the Euros (be surprised if he is still a Chelsea player next season). Oscar as mentioned by Mr Trip and you Og is also totally shytte .. Branners best days are behind him. I just hope the incoming boss has the balls to get rid off the dead wood and bring back some of our loans players and play the the young talent which imo with have plenty of ........Van ginkel, Ake Kalas, Abrahams solanke Izzy Brown Charlie Musonda wallace add the likes of Kennedy Traore loftus cheek ola aina Kurt Zouma........etc etc

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 2

I never thought that we were good enough to beat them and the 1st leg said it all....they are far better than us. But i don,t think they are that good and will go out in the next round.......yeah...does n,t say much for us does it. Too many of our players are just not good enough at what they are supposed to be doing.........Dave so many years and games playing at Lb cant play at Rb any more imo, looks uncomfortable as a defender gets turned far too easily and goes walkabout to often (ok going forward) but his job is to Defend. Mikel loads of time and space on the ball especially in the second half......why? because the opposition know he is shytte and can,t be bothered to close him down or tackle him knowing that he ain,t gonna cause them any problems at all. Hazard looks like he doesn,t want to know any more and is saving himself for the Euros (be surprised if he is still a Chelsea player next season). Oscar as mentioned by Mr Trip and you Og is also totally shytte .. Branners best days are behind him. I just hope the incoming boss has the balls to get rid off the dead wood and bring back some of our loans players and play the the young talent which imo with have plenty of ........Van ginkel, Ake Kalas, Abrahams solanke Izzy Brown Charlie Musonda wallace add the likes of Kennedy Traore loftus cheek ola aina Kurt Zouma........etc etc

Yeah, it should be an interesting summer whoever the new manager is. It will also be interesting what his 'philosophy' is with the players at his disposal and who he wants to bring in. A lightning fast explosive midfield and attack would be nice!

• Like 1

The French League is not that good is really only them and that is why they are 20 odd points clear no competition Mr Blue

PS Chelsea thread Thursdays is the new Wednesday

Europa League must be spunkin in there bucket having the biggest team in the World in its comp and then playing the Mickeys!!

This week the truth is nobody gives 2 2osses about the Champions League it is about the big games in Europe and tonight is it. wai2.gif

Edited by MrRed

the fact of the matter ,c/sea had to get a score draw, or win away in the first leg, did neither,and it placed us right behind the eight ball

over the two legs,we showed in patchs good footy , but PSG were clearly the better side and deserve to go through to the last 8

now up against and away to e/ton (F.A.cup), purely depends how we can back up (mentally),and what run on side gus picks

if he picks plugger mikel over matic and oscar in there somewhere E/S fears the worst, besides they have a good record home record against us,and absoulately thumped us off the park, last time we met

see how it pans out, smile.png

• Like 1

The French League is not that good is really only them and that is why they are 20 odd points clear no competition Mr Blue

PS Chelsea thread Thursdays is the new Wednesday

Europa League must be spunkin in there bucket having the biggest team in the World in its comp and then playing the Mickeys!!

This week the truth is nobody gives 2 2osses about the Champions League it is about the big games in Europe and tonight is it. wai2.gif

How did you get on then.............still removing the spunk from ya bucket no doubt laugh.png

• Like 2