Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Very pleased to see that Bertrand, Eto'o, Hazard, Willian and Oscar seem to get the thumbs up.

Looks like a lot of teams in the Prem had a bit of international tiredness.

Any comments from the ringside on Mata, Keith?

Unfortunately.... SP.....i don,t remember him doing anything that needed commenting on. Overall pretty poor imho......maybe and its only my opinion he just can,t get motivated for lesser opposition and tuesday night against Schalke will be more his cuppa tea........but will Jose start him....i doubt it.

Very pleased to see that Bertrand, Eto'o, Hazard, Willian and Oscar seem to get the thumbs up.

Looks like a lot of teams in the Prem had a bit of international tiredness.

Any comments from the ringside on Mata, Keith?

Unfortunately.... SP.....i don,t remember him doing anything that needed commenting on. Overall pretty poor imho......maybe and its only my opinion he just can,t get motivated for lesser opposition and tuesday night against Schalke will be more his cuppa tea........but will Jose start him....i doubt it.

Well, that leaves you, me and all the other punters precisely in the dark then Keith.

Interesting article about our Plan B or making subs to go 3-5-2.

It's basically saying that when we are chasing a game, by switching to a 3-5-2 formation it gives us more attacking threat, but also leaves us more exposed at the back. The up side of being more exposed is that it will invite the opposition to attack and draw them out leaving us more room to attack. When we have taken the lead Jose reverts back to a back 4.

Is this a sign of things to come? It sounds both risky and brilliant at the same time. Personally, I like that Jose goes for a sh17 or bust approach.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/10/20/4858014/chelsea-3-5-2-jose-mourinho-tactics

• Like 1

Interesting article about our Plan B or making subs to go 3-5-2.

It's basically saying that when we are chasing a game, by switching to a 3-5-2 formation it gives us more attacking threat, but also leaves us more exposed at the back. The up side of being more exposed is that it will invite the opposition to attack and draw them out leaving us more room to attack. When we have taken the lead Jose reverts back to a back 4.

Is this a sign of things to come? It sounds both risky and brilliant at the same time. Personally, I like that Jose goes for a sh17 or bust approach.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/10/20/4858014/chelsea-3-5-2-jose-mourinho-tactics

I like that approach as well. At least he's trying to do something to get the three points. I had palpitations,however,when he took off Bertrand but neglected to get his message across to Hazard that there was a bloody great gap that needed to be covered. Immediately,a Cardiff player found himself in acres of space,for a shot on goal, but didn't capitalise thank gawd.

• Like 1

59 mins. Oscar replaces Mata (straight midfield swop).

64 mins. Torres replaces Bertrand (striker replaces defender).

66 mins. Eto'o scores.

69 mins. Azpuliceta replaces Eto'o (defender replaces striker)

78 mins. Oscar scores.

82 mins. Hazard scores his second.

Class.

The 08/09 model Fernando Torres on the park in that half, actually enjoying seeing him play well

Agreed ,a joy to watch in this mood!!! Brings back happy memories of when he terrorized defences wearing a red shirt!

Good game for the neutrals to watch.Howlers & brilliance ,will there be a hero?

• Like 1

Torres was great today, not to his Liverpool days, but he worked hard and never had that sulky look.

A good game of football with strong challenges without anything over the top. City were probably the better side, but not by much and Aguero's goal was brilliant. I think these 2 teams will be first and second come May.

Happy days!

Torres was great today, not to his Liverpool days, but he worked hard and never had that sulky look.

A good game of football with strong challenges without anything over the top. City were probably the better side, but not by much and Aguero's goal was brilliant. I think these 2 teams will be first and second come May.

Happy days!

Yeah mjj. Pretty much even stevens. I think in the overall stats we edged it in relation to shots and possession etc and I think we at least deserved a draw but the one stat that counts is goals scored.

Excellent game, was settling for a point but more than happy to get the gift of 3 points.

You need a bit of good fortune to beat City.

We had that alright, although you have to give credit to Torres for not giving up the ghost when it looked like Nastasic and Hart had all the bases covered. One thing that Hazard,Oscar and Schurrle should have learned last night was the correct way to close players down when the opposition has the ball. City were different class to us in this department. It's no good hovering around on the fringes, because it gives the man with the ball time and space to do what he likes. They might think they are above that sort of thing, but I hope they look at the video of the match and pay close attention to Fernandinho, Toure,Silva,Nasri and even Aguerro and their movement off the ball,their closing down and the cutting down of angles. Silva,especially is a midfielder and playmaker of the highest class but that doesn't stop him from shirking his responsibilities in the defensive department.

I don't know about anybody else but,as good a strike as Aguerro's goal was,Cech's attempt to save it was abysmal. I think,as he's getting older,he's subconsciously looking after himself more. He's only got to be within a yard of the upright and he shits himself. Terry and Cahill did as well as could be expected against a player of Aguerro's class and Ramires and Lampard ran their cobblers off to cover the midfield raids that continued to come throughout the match.

Excellent game, was settling for a point but more than happy to get the gift of 3 points.

You need a bit of good fortune to beat City.

We had that alright, although you have to give credit to Torres for not giving up the ghost when it looked like Nastasic and Hart had all the bases covered. One thing that Hazard,Oscar and Schurrle should have learned last night was the correct way to close players down when the opposition has the ball. City were different class to us in this department. It's no good hovering around on the fringes, because it gives the man with the ball time and space to do what he likes. They might think they are above that sort of thing, but I hope they look at the video of the match and pay close attention to Fernandinho, Toure,Silva,Nasri and even Aguerro and their movement off the ball,their closing down and the cutting down of angles. Silva,especially is a midfielder and playmaker of the highest class but that doesn't stop him from shirking his responsibilities in the defensive department.

I don't know about anybody else but,as good a strike as Aguerro's goal was,Cech's attempt to save it was abysmal. I think,as he's getting older,he's subconsciously looking after himself more. He's only got to be within a yard of the upright and he shits himself. Terry and Cahill did as well as could be expected against a player of Aguerro's class and Ramires and Lampard ran their cobblers off to cover the midfield raids that continued to come throughout the match.

Couldn,t agree more with you Og about Cech what a piss poor effort ..beaten at his near post..just flapped at the uckin ball like a demented seal

The game itself......should have been over before half time imho....all about Torres...should have buried that sitter from 8 yards then the run and shot that hit the bar and then setting up Schurrle. Ivanovic had a great game so did Ramires and Torres.

Big changes for tonights game,im off to watch it....should be livelythumbsup.gif

The Blue Machine marches on and on and on and on and on......................

Well i suppose so yes but, Mourinho rightly picked a strong side and Wenger picked a rather weak side so i thought it created rather an easy match for you. I personally thought Wenger could have afforded to take this one a little more seriously. This after all was their best chance again of silverware.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Well i suppose so yes but, Mourinho rightly picked a strong side and Wenger picked a rather weak side so i thought it created rather an easy match for you. I personally thought Wenger could have afforded to take this one a little more seriously. This after all was their best chance again of silverware.

I think it is a case of Wenger putting all his midfielders in one basket.

Such is the depth of talent in both squads nowadays,I don't think either teams,on show last night,could be called weak. It all boiled down to who wanted to win this particular game the most.

Mourinho only picked 1 player from our City game, Cahill. Arsenal 3, Ramsay, Kos and Cazorla. Just goes to show the depth now.

Mourinho only picked 1 player from our City game, Cahill. Arsenal 3, Ramsay, Kos and Cazorla. Just goes to show the depth now.

Well that has taken me a back!! Obviously i didn't watch the City game as we were playing at the same time Yes, that is some depth in squad!!!!

Well that has taken me a back!! Obviously i didn't watch the City game as we were playing at the same time Yes, that is some depth in squad!!!!

chelsea's squad is absurd. what was that, a £140m reserve team? with juan mata in the stiffs? players like lukaku, moses, romeu, marko marin, lucas piazon and courtois all out on loan? christ they even signed eden hazard's kid brother and lashed him out on loan somewhere too.

chelsea's squad is absurd. what was that, a £140m reserve team? with juan mata in the stiffs? players like lukaku, moses, romeu, marko marin, lucas piazon and courtois all out on loan? christ they even signed eden hazard's kid brother and lashed him out on loan somewhere too.

Stop moaning,Stevie! You've got Sturridge for a bag of sweets. Mind you,I think one of the biggest mistakes we ever made was getting shot of Glen Johnson to Portsmouth,of all places. What a full back he's turned out to be.

Stop moaning,Stevie! You've got Sturridge for a bag of sweets. Mind you,I think one of the biggest mistakes we ever made was getting shot of Glen Johnson to Portsmouth,of all places. What a full back he's turned out to be.

there is a point to the moaning though mate in fairness. when other teams play everton for example they have to face the excellent lukaku who can do them a lot of damage - when chelsea play them he's not allowed to play. rigs the game a bit doesn't it that?

Better jump in straight away and back you up on that, were playing Everton on sunday!

• Like 2

there is a point to the moaning though mate in fairness. when other teams play everton for example they have to face the excellent lukaku who can do them a lot of damage - when chelsea play them he's not allowed to play. rigs the game a bit doesn't it that?

Yes a loan should be a loan with no agreements but the problem is how much would the particular players effort be against his real employers who his future is decided by?

Maybe the only answer is loans to different divisions or countries can be allowed.

The Lukaku one is pushing the boundaries of fair play as he is quality.

• Like 1

Yes a loan should be a loan with no agreements but the problem is how much would the particular players effort be against his real employers who his future is decided by?

Maybe the only answer is loans to different divisions or countries can be allowed.

The Lukaku one is pushing the boundaries of fair play as he is quality.

You wouldn't want to be a youth player at Chelsea would you!! facepalm.gif