Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Chelsea v Atletico Madrid (Agg: 0-0) 19:45 BST

Posted at

18:59

Chelsea: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Luiz, Willian, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Torres. Subs: Hilario, Oscar, Schurrle, van Ginkel, Ba, Eto'o, Kalas.

Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis, Koke, Tiago, Mario Suarez, Turan, Diego Costa, Adrian. Subs: Aranzubia, Raul Garcia, Villa, Rodriguez, Alderweireld, Sosa, Diego.

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy)

I can imagine Simeone looking at that team and thinking.<deleted> is Jose up too..and like so many other managers then getting lost on there own plans and spending to much time thinking about what Jose is doing.

Mind games Tactics..........you leave the door open and he will find a way in.

Get it done in 90 minutes boyswai.gif

clap2.gif

I want to congratulate Atletico for having cojones to come to Chlesea and give them a lesson in karmic justice.

I also want to congratulate Rafa Benitez for winning for European trophies with Chelsea than Chelsea. You must haaaaaate that.

Great performance from the on loan Chelsea keeper 55555

Congratulation to Leti. I guess we need a bigger bus. ;-)

Still, not all doom and gloom, we have improved this season. Semis in the CL and closer in the epl is not a bad return...................but I do prefer the shiny things.

More importantly with people's opinion of Costa taking a downward turn, who can we get as a striker?

Although I can't see it happening, Courtois should probably be our keeper next season.

• Like 1

I want to congratulate Atletico for having cojones to come to Chlesea and give them a lesson in karmic justice.

I also want to congratulate Rafa Benitez for winning for European trophies with Chelsea than Chelsea. You must haaaaaate that.

LOL. I can feel the hate oozing out of you post. :-)

LOL. I can feel the hate oozing out of you post. :-)
That's not hate mate it's karma. :-p

Even one if your own players admitted tonight Chelsea are not a team set up to play football, only counter attack.

Edited by wellred

Chelsea v Atletico Madrid (Agg: 0-0) 19:45 BST

Posted at

18:59

Chelsea: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Luiz, Willian, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Torres. Subs: Hilario, Oscar, Schurrle, van Ginkel, Ba, Eto'o, Kalas.

Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis, Koke, Tiago, Mario Suarez, Turan, Diego Costa, Adrian. Subs: Aranzubia, Raul Garcia, Villa, Rodriguez, Alderweireld, Sosa, Diego.

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy)

I can imagine Simeone looking at that team and thinking.<deleted> is Jose up too..and like so many other managers then getting lost on there own plans and spending to much time thinking about what Jose is doing.

Mind games Tactics..........you leave the door open and he will find a way in.

Get it done in 90 minutes boyswai.gif

Or then again not giving a monkeys what Mourinho's doing and just go out there and comprehensively beat you.

Still, he got his excuses for failure in early with all that little horse crap but it will have to be seen whether Abramovich will go along with it. the pressure must be very high next year for a manager who, for two seasons and with the massive resources available at Real Madrid and Chelsea, has been trophyless.

Congratulation to Leti. I guess we need a bigger bus. ;-)

Still, not all doom and gloom, we have improved this season. Semis in the CL and closer in the epl is not a bad return...................but I do prefer the shiny things.

More importantly with people's opinion of Costa taking a downward turn, who can we get as a striker?

Although I can't see it happening, Courtois should probably be our keeper next season.

I'm not sure Roman Abramovich will see this as improvement. Managers have been sacked for less at Chelsea.

Hope they are made of biodegradable plasticcheesy.gif

BmfY8JOIAAAfvci.jpg

C'mon, haven't we moved on from this stupid joke.

Everyone knows they are made from the finest silk these days! :-D

• Like 1

Well Jose, after 6 defeats in 8 Champs League Semis, I guess you should know. In future Ferme la bouche

Bmf2vtNCEAAM9Vb.jpg

Yes indeed, a lesson in the benefits of buttoning it......i doubt he'll learn but maybe at least he might stop making unpleasant, in appropriate comments about his fellow managers. actually it looks like he could also learn a lot from the younger inexperienced Diego Simeone who really did a number on him last night.

• Like 1

Well Jose, after 6 defeats in 8 Champs League Semis, I guess you should know. In future Ferme la bouche

Bmf2vtNCEAAM9Vb.jpg

Yes indeed, a lesson in the benefits of buttoning it......i doubt he'll learn but maybe at least he might stop making unpleasant, in appropriate comments about his fellow managers. actually it looks like he could also learn a lot from the younger inexperienced Diego Simeone who really did a number on him last night.

Athletico could have had me as coach and they still would have won. They were the better team and deserved the win.

Bmf2vtNCEAAM9Vb.jpg

Athletico could have had me as coach and they still would have won. They were the better team and deserved the win.

A silly comment from the ordinarily reliable Old Git. Can't see how Simeone's performance can be discredited.coffee1.gif

Bmf2vtNCEAAM9Vb.jpg

A silly comment from the ordinarily reliable Old Git. Can't see how Simeone's performance can be discredited.coffee1.gif

Chelsea's defense just made too many mistakes against this quality of opponent.

Remember back to Anfield not so long ago and the Chelsea defense sat deep and only conceded seven fouls the entire match. i didn't like it but it certainly was clinical and incredibly well done. Last night they were not clinical, Terry and Cole failing to clear and E'to giving away the penalty.

Bmf2vtNCEAAM9Vb.jpg

You can be the best coach in the world but if you haven't got the quality of player to work with,you're flogging a dead horse,JD. Granted Simeone is responsible for getting his team into the right frame of mind and fit to play but his players were just that bit better than ours,quicker to the ball,more fleet of foot overall and were more penetrative in attack. Now,if Simeone is the primary reason for that,then I'm doing him a disservice but I think these particular talents that his players possessed were honed well before he entered the scene.