Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

mikel startingcheesy.gif

the triangle of oscar,fabergas,matic,supported by willian and hazard on the flanks,remy or drogba leads up front,(depends on fitness etc etc)

trusted back four and courtios..

zouma and ramires for plan B if required,

from the special onesmile.png GO CHELSEA

Oscar ought to be arrested for getting money under false pretenses. Other than the odd fancy flick, he has contributed nothing this season. If he decides to get out of bed and comes on, at least he'll be fresher than most.

• Like 1

Big match later today/tonight.

I'll give my take on it.

Courtois.

Dave, Terry Cahil, Ivanovic.

Mikel, Matic,

Hazard, Fabregast, Ramieres,

Remy.

Subs: Cech, Zouma (rather see him start) Oscar, Drogba. Willian. F. Luis. Loftus Cheek.

Tactic will be to sit back, compress and control space, Mikel and Matic patroling infront of centre half's. Hazard playing deep in own half and exploiting his talents on the break. Ramieres as per hazard playing deep in own half. Remy lone man up front, Fabregast no 10 not to far behind him.

I'll take a narrow victory..or any victory!

Looking at United's injury woes first, I reckon that Van Gaal will shift Rooney back alongside Herrera, as he'll be very concerned with a centre back partnership of Smalling and McNair. Shaw, who I thought was injured incidently but obviously isn't according to reports, will replace Blind at left back. Valencia and Mata should carry on their right side partnership with the outstanding Valencia continuing to bail out Mata's lack of pace, allowing him the space to play. The odds are that Falcao will play as the striker with Fellaini behind.

In that respect, Chelsea must introduce some pace in midfield so, like you DM, I'll want to see Zouma alongside Matic. Shift Fabregas forward where he can make things happen and not get in the way defensively. I agree that Ramires should replace Willian. Willian is a shoe in normally, but he's been very lethargic of late. Ramires will tackle, get forward, cover Ivanovic's lack of pace and has more energy in his play at the moment. I'm not sure about this but are Ramires and Matic on a ban if they get yellow carded?

It will be a result if Remy is fit to start.

It will be a result if Ramires starts and doesn,t get a Card. I got a feeling that the cards were wiped out after the Qpr game,so No ban imho.

Big match later today/tonight.

I'll give my take on it.

Courtois.

Dave, Terry Cahil, Ivanovic.

Mikel, Matic,

Hazard, Fabregast, Ramieres,

Remy.

Subs: Cech, Zouma (rather see him start) Oscar, Drogba. Willian. F. Luis. Loftus Cheek.

Tactic will be to sit back, compress and control space, Mikel and Matic patroling infront of centre half's. Hazard playing deep in own half and exploiting his talents on the break. Ramieres as per hazard playing deep in own half. Remy lone man up front, Fabregast no 10 not to far behind him.

I'll take a narrow victory..or any victory!

Looking at United's injury woes first, I reckon that Van Gaal will shift Rooney back alongside Herrera, as he'll be very concerned with a centre back partnership of Smalling and McNair. Shaw, who I thought was injured incidently but obviously isn't according to reports, will replace Blind at left back. Valencia and Mata should carry on their right side partnership with the outstanding Valencia continuing to bail out Mata's lack of pace, allowing him the space to play. The odds are that Falcao will play as the striker with Fellaini behind.

In that respect, Chelsea must introduce some pace in midfield so, like you DM, I'll want to see Zouma alongside Matic. Shift Fabregas forward where he can make things happen and not get in the way defensively. I agree that Ramires should replace Willian. Willian is a shoe in normally, but he's been very lethargic of late. Ramires will tackle, get forward, cover Ivanovic's lack of pace and has more energy in his play at the moment. I'm not sure about this but are Ramires and Matic on a ban if they get yellow carded?

It will be a result if Remy is fit to start.

Can,t see Jose starting Mikel.........i wouldn,t bet against him starting Oscar though.

Much better 2nd half to that 1st half........first 20 mins we were totally flat footed.....and Ivanovich,permanately isolated and again tucking next to Terry and Cahill far too often. Foreman vs Ali seems to come to mind on the tactics in that 1st half............and there defence looks a little shaky in the back-pass department........and a costly mistake looks on the cards imho Drogba to come off after 80 mins and Solanke to come on.........i hope.

De Gea should have been red carded

I know it was at pace but the lino or the ref should have seen that.

Raises the old question of TV replay again. If i were a Chelsea fan I'd be pissed if United get something here.

Raises the old question of TV replay again. If i were a Chelsea fan I'd be pissed if United get something here.

Not only Chelsea fans BB. I will be as well and Arsenal I should think. I think we have all conceded to Chelsea winning it so we are all scrapping for the other 3 places.

Not only Chelsea fans BB. I will be as well and Arsenal I should think. I think we have all conceded to Chelsea winning it so we are all scrapping for the other 3 places.

Yeah obviously LFC fans included, we wish them never to win a match ever again ever week smile.png . Think the United Arsenal match will be more entertaining. First time I've watched a full Chelsea match this season, they really don't entertain.

I take me hat off to Dave i am his biggest critic but today......i thought he did all that was asked of him and more.........closed down and got tight and was great a breaking forward.....well done mate thumbsup.gif

Mad Dog, wouldn't you rather watch your team playing an attacking code of football?

another jose epic, the master tactician is a class on his own ,when its down to winning the matchs that count

i am sure if costa was playing , his game plan would have shifted back from being defence orientated to more attacking options

being left naked up front, he had no other alternative but to stifle m/u, and catch them with their pants down (hazards goal)

yes m/u players put in a decent shift, but LVG is short of coming up to the standard set by S.A.F. at old trafford,and will follow into dithering daveys footsteps in the not to far distant future

his set up due to injurys has to be questioned in particular rooneys positional change a very poor call by L.V.G. and played right into c/seas hands

all season he has been at sixes and sevens,getting the right balance for the squad at his disposal, first he needed 3 months to address this achilles heel, gosh 6 months has passed his date set by him, and contrary to their recent winning run, they do not look like the menacing m/u of old,who would put fear into their opponents heart with a single glance

sure buy another 5 players next season, but is this the answer to m/u present under strength squad,with a mngr who appears to be stumbling around ,and not coming up to the everyday rigors of the E.P.L.,but he will say looked what i have acheived this season,a C/L place, that falls a long way short of what m/u supporters expect,not to mentioned the costs involved

the C/L place has saved his arse this time around,see how he performs next season, i just got a gut feeling he is, yesterdays hero

@ old git..see that backheel from your old mate oscar which added onto his nice flick against Q.P.R both resulted in winning goals and a precious extra 4 points in squeaky bum time

hazard the destroyer is becoming a franco zola, ssshhhssskkk thats a big call,and with plenty of miles left on the clock,if he is free from serious injury,

GO CHELSEAsmile.png

The linesman couldn't see it,his view was blocked by a United player, was mentioned by commentators at the time and clear on the replays,maybe you were on your way to the fridge..Give the ref a break it was a split second ,he doesn't get constant replays and he wasn't in line with the line..obviously from the angle he saw it..impossible to know.

another jose epic, the master tactician is a class on his own ,when its down to winning the matchs that count

i am sure if costa was playing , his game plan would have shifted back from being defence orientated to more attacking options

being left naked up front, he had no other alternative but to stifle m/u, and catch them with their pants down (hazards goal)

yes m/u players put in a decent shift, but LVG is short of coming up to the standard set by S.A.F. at old trafford,and will follow into dithering daveys footsteps in the not to far distant future

his set up due to injurys has to be questioned in particular rooneys positional change a very poor call by L.V.G. and played right into c/seas hands

all season he has been at sixes and sevens,getting the right balance for the squad at his disposal, first he needed 3 months to address this achilles heel, gosh 6 months has passed his date set by him, and contrary to their recent winning run, they do not look like the menacing m/u of old,who would put fear into their opponents heart with a single glance

sure buy another 5 players next season, but is this the answer to m/u present under strength squad,with a mngr who appears to be stumbling around ,and not coming up to the everyday rigors of the E.P.L.,but he will say looked what i have acheived this season,a C/L place, that falls a long way short of what m/u supporters expect,not to mentioned the costs involved

the C/L place has saved his arse this time around,see how he performs next season, i just got a gut feeling he is, yesterdays hero

@ old git..see that backheel from your old mate oscar which added onto his nice flick against Q.P.R both resulted in winning goals and a precious extra 4 points in squeaky bum time

hazard the destroyer is becoming a franco zola, ssshhhssskkk thats a big call,and with plenty of miles left on the clock,if he is free from serious injury,

GO CHELSEAsmile.png

I saw the Oscar back heel E/S. Great awareness and imagination to see the run of Hazard but, prior to that, I was holding my head at his defensive positional play. Mourinho must have told him at half time that you only look for the spaces when you HAVE the ball because he covered well in the second half.. It's about time he showed his worth after spending the best part of the season plodding around the centre circle.

A very valuable three points on the road to becoming Premier League champions this season, considering we were without our first and second choice strikers. Old man Drogba did his bit but our defensive display against a continuous United onslaught, was the reason we got the points plus the brilliance of Hazard of course.

However, we come to the point of Mourinho's strategy in grinding out results and Abramovic's hunger for his team to play expansive football. Abramovic must have been pleased with the result but not in the manner it was achieved. Is this squad the answer to his dream? Definitely not, after a premature Champions League exit and a woeful display in the FA Cup. Even in the process of winning the League Cup, we were outplayed for long spells by Spurs. That's not to say that it isn't beyond a Mourinho team to play the expansive game. He's shown that enough times this season. But changes are needed to make the next step up. Ivanovic has served his purpose in his role within the Mourinho plan, but he gets skinned against class. Terry is a master of his craft but, at his age and against top class fleet footed forwards, his days are numbered. Willian, Matic, Zouma ,Hazard, Ramires, Azpilicueta, Costa and Remy are good enough and will be expected to play a significant role in the future but players with quick minds, an injection of real pace and quick feet are what are needed,if we are to dominate the top teams and realise Abramovic's desires.

• Like 1

Oldgit: Your second paragraph is spot on. Whatever Jose or the Chelsea fans thinks, only one opinion counts and noone's going to be hearing it. The owner/manager relationship at Chelsea is always going to be strained, at best. This is because you have someone working for a boss who has previously dispensed with his services. I can't imagine that being a sound basis for an ongoing working relationship. Matters will come to a head sooner or later and will be entertaining or distressing depending on your point of view. There is only going to be one winner. My feeling about Mourinho is that he's always fancied being manager at Man Utd, but not following straight on from Alex Ferguson. In a couple of years or less he'll end up at OId Trafford. When you think about it there is really nowhere else for him to go to that he would consider a step up from Chelsea.

Typical Mourinho quote tonight "We had United in our pocket" Really? the game could have easily been a draw or a win for United but it wasn't to be.

Rooney should have done better with his attempt and Falcao hit the post...a game of fine margins

No complaints from United but the arrogant little man just can't control his mouth,normal service is resumed.

Oldgit: Your second paragraph is spot on. Whatever Jose or the Chelsea fans thinks, only one opinion counts and noone's going to be hearing it. The owner/manager relationship at Chelsea is always going to be strained, at best. This is because you have someone working for a boss who has previously dispensed with his services. I can't imagine that being a sound basis for an ongoing working relationship. Matters will come to a head sooner or later and will be entertaining or distressing depending on your point of view. There is only going to be one winner. My feeling about Mourinho is that he's always fancied being manager at Man Utd, but not following straight on from Alex Ferguson. In a couple of years or less he'll end up at OId Trafford. When you think about it there is really nowhere else for him to go to that he would consider a step up from Chelsea.

Not Mourinho at United PLEASE even we win every trophy on offer every year.The club has a bit more class than to employ him. Sir Bobby Charlton inferred that when SAF retired. We have standards etc.......he said.

However I still have that vision of Mourinho walking down the touchline and poking his fingers in the opposition coaches eyes and then scurrying back to safety.

Mourinho wil never admit it but I bet his first choice was to go to United but knew his path was blocked by the boards dislike of him. More likely to go to City or whoever has a bucket off money

The linesman couldn't see it,his view was blocked by a United player, was mentioned by commentators at the time and clear on the replays,maybe you were on your way to the fridge..Give the ref a break it was a split second ,he doesn't get constant replays and he wasn't in line with the line..obviously from the angle he saw it..impossible to know.

Typical United response. When the decision has gone in your favour it's "give the ref a break".

FYI. I was in a location that the United match wasn't the only thing on TV and the commentary wasn't on. Yeah shock horror, not everyone wants to watch United. I stand by my post. De Gea was outside the box when he handled and was lucky to get away with it.

• Like 1

Typical Mourinho quote tonight "We had United in our pocket" Really? the game could have easily been a draw or a win for United but it wasn't to be.

Rooney should have done better with his attempt and Falcao hit the post...a game of fine margins

No complaints from United but the arrogant little man just can't control his mouth,normal service is resumed.

Look at these stats....so much possession yet little penetration.

post-102811-0-44825500-1429443784_thumb.

Chelsea looked pretty comfortable to me, most of those shots were outside 25 yards.

They won the game by controlling your attack.

Hello! Earth calling Sparkles. Come in Sparkles! United were toothless yesterday and LVG played in to Mourinho's hands. Take Fellaini out of the game and utd are left with very little. Chelsea have played some dire football the last few months, but yesterday we were in control because you guys were not threatening with possession - clueless some might say.

As for no complaints from United, go and watch HGV's interview on the beeb.

• Like 1

Bit one sided in here isn't it.

What about the nailed on penalty at the end.

I'm happy with the way things are progressing, and am positive that losses against Swansea and Leicester and draws against the likes of Burnley will not happen next season and, if those results had not have happened your charge for the title would be a lot tougher.

Any way, that's not to be, 2nd or 3rd will have to do and is above where LvG aimed to be.

I understand sentiment regarding us being toothless, and kind of agree and, think LvG should have gambled with McNair in Midfield, and leaving Rooney up top where our fortunes have been far better.

We really missed Carrick.

redrus

I take me hat off to Dave i am his biggest critic but today......i thought he did all that was asked of him and more.........closed down and got tight and was great a breaking forward.....well done mate thumbsup.gif

Mad Dog, wouldn't you rather watch your team playing an attacking code of football?

Yes of course i would..........but this is a results business........and like him or loathe him Mou gets the results

Having followed us home and away betweem 75 and 88 when we really were chit apart from the odd giant killing Fa Cup tie biggrin.png then i would take a win by any means,but it ain,t pretty and it is starting to wear a little thin. As has been said the Russian ain,t gonna like it though.............and there will be a lot of coming and going during the close season. No disrespect but Mou for Man u ain,t ever gonna happen........his next job....if there is one... will be England Manager......imho

• Like 2

Bit one sided in here isn't it.

What about the nailed on penalty at the end.

I'm happy with the way things are progressing, and am positive that losses against Swansea and Leicester and draws against the likes of Burnley will not happen next season and, if those results had not have happened your charge for the title would be a lot tougher.

Any way, that's not to be, 2nd or 3rd will have to do and is above where LvG aimed to be.

I understand sentiment regarding us being toothless, and kind of agree and, think LvG should have gambled with McNair in Midfield, and leaving Rooney up top where our fortunes have been far better.

We really missed Carrick.

redrus

Specsavers for u mate