Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Seriously though, is Jose really that good a manager?

His trophy count would say yes, but besides Porto, he has either walked in to manage teams with a shed load of money, or an already title winning side, or a shed load of money and an already title winning side.

Pretty decent manager I'd think Bob, but his personality wears so thin after a while. I think he has lost most of the dressing room, has way too many players not giving a concentrated 100%, and also too many players who have reached the end of their rope ability wise. Factor in Eva and Costa as well.

He looked like a beaten man in his post match interview. One or more results like that and he may be ready to jump instead of being pushed.

• Like 2

His trophy count would say yes, but besides Porto, he has either walked in to manage teams with a shed load of money, or an already title winning side, or a shed load of money and an already title winning side.

Pretty decent manager I'd think Bob, but his personality wears so thin after a while. I think he has lost most of the dressing room, has way too many players not giving a concentrated 100%, and also too many players who have reached the end of their rope ability wise. Factor in Eva and Costa as well.

He looked like a beaten man in his post match interview. One or more results like that and he may be ready to jump instead of being pushed.

He did look beaten didn't he! biggrin.png

In case you missed yesterday's diatribe from the useless one here it is in all its mundane glory.

I made it to 2.05 minutes.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10090807/jose-ref-made-an-important-mistake

I once enjoyed his post match interviews,now it's completely and utterly boring.

Not only boring but quite delusional.There was no way in the world that his claim of a penalty for Chelsea carries any credibilty ,not a neutral person who saw it would agree with him, the player was falling down apart from him disappearing it was not deliberate handball.

But this is todays Mourinho, can never give credit to the other team and can only blame someone else for his teams pathetic displays.

He also turns up mealy mouthed to his interviews looking like a bum can't even bother to have a shave.

The Russian will have to accept that this can't continue, Chelsea 14th place unbelievable.

• Like 1

^I just googled his age is 28 so can't be an age decline thing surely.

Maybe if he's run a lot more miles than other 28 year olds.

Only seapok can answer this one! tongue.png

Yeah Smokes, that lad can certainly put in the miles. He ran along Hadrians Wall earlier this year and I emailed him and said, for a joke, "It's the Great Wall of China next". He replied that that was his next target. Knowing him, he wasn't joking. He's bloody loopy!

What a crock. He should be at his peak about now.

He's had a pretty injury free career compared to many.

In case you missed yesterday's diatribe from the useless one here it is in all its mundane glory.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10090807/jose-ref-made-an-important-mistake

I once enjoyed his post match interviews,now it's completely and utterly boring.

Apart from his misgivings about a possible penalty claim ...the rest of what he said was spot on....."2nd half more positive,Costa made no difference,players not performing at same level week in week out,top 4 was possible...but not any more ...top 6 now the target....and so on ........thucck me you would complain about the colour of his sockss.

• Like 1

No tv coverage at home currently so went to bed. Never saw that resulting coming.

Might have to rethink my earlier comment on the Arsenal forum that Arsenal will be top next weekend (as Leicester won't beat Chelsea - Park the bus, Jose, park the bus!).

What about yours........did you see that coming???

• Like 1

Apart from the Eva and Costa remark ...........you could have been talking about you bloke.........couldn,t ya???thumbsup.gif

Not only boring but quite delusional.There was no way in the world that his claim of a penalty for Chelsea carries any credibilty ,not a neutral person who saw it would agree with him, the player was falling down apart from him disappearing it was not deliberate handball.

But this is todays Mourinho, can never give credit to the other team and can only blame someone else for his teams pathetic displays.

He also turns up mealy mouthed to his interviews looking like a bum can't even bother to have a shave.

The Russian will have to accept that this can't continue, Chelsea 14th place unbelievable.

There was no credit to give to Bournemouth............they did thucck all apart from go down easily claiming injury and wasting time throughout that 2nd Half and had settled for a point when they got that flukey thuccking goal from there only corner.

Of course our displays are not a patch on the shyyte you lot dish up from week to week both Home and Away......are they???

• Like 1

Mourinho talks about some players that aren't showing consistency, week in week out. Well, Ivanovic and Fabregas are two players that have been consistently bad all season, but still Mourinho selects them at every opportunity. I'm sure if Costa hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram, he would have still been in the starting line up. This blind loyalty isn't working and hasn't been all season. Changes and fresh faces are needed to get out of the mire we are in now because, if he carries on this way, even Abramovich who's been very patient so far, will turf him out.

• Like 1

Apart from the Eva and Costa remark ...........you could have been talking about you bloke.........couldn,t ya???thumbsup.gif

Stay calm Keith. Gird up for the relegation battle.biggrin.png

Guardiola even more so than Mourinho.

No tv coverage at home currently so went to bed. Never saw that resulting coming.

Might have to rethink my earlier comment on the Arsenal forum that Arsenal will be top next weekend (as Leicester won't beat Chelsea - Park the bus, Jose, park the bus!).

What about yours........did you see that coming???

Keith, if you are referring to Stoke beating City then no I didn't see that coming but they were excellent while we were crap. After suffering through watching it, my youngest lad asked me "Dad, are you going to have nightmare tonight" - he knows me too well ;-).

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 2

Mourinho talks about some players that aren't showing consistency, week in week out. Well, Ivanovic and Fabregas are two players that have been consistently bad all season, but still Mourinho selects them at every opportunity. I'm sure if Costa hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram, he would have still been in the starting line up. This blind loyalty isn't working and hasn't been all season. Changes and fresh faces are needed to get out of the mire we are in now because, if he carries on this way, even Abramovich who's been very patient so far, will turf him out.

"Nemanja Matic and Cesc Fàbregas, in the engine room, have fallen away more than anyone else this season, while up front Diego Costa does not look fit or motivated and Eden Hazards staggering run of 25 games without a goal is ludicrous for the reigning PFA Player of the Year. The only bright note has been Willian, although his best moments have been his expert free-kicks not something for which José Mourinho can take any credit.When absolutely everything has fallen apart, it cannot realistically be about technical or tactical weaknesses it hints at an overriding problem in terms of fitness or psychology. It is probably a combination of the two and the pattern throughout Mourinhos career of his teams falling away..."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/06/jose-mourinho-chelsea-champions-relegation-fight

]

• Like 1

Guardiola even more so than Mourinho.

Yeah that guy has yet to face real adversity in his job.

We missed some sitters against Scunthorpe at home in the 2nd round draw and I doubt if we will beat them away in the replay.

It would be nice if we did though, seeing Chelsea go out of the cup to the O's would be great!!........it's happened before. wink.png

• Like 2

Mourinho's body language was quite telling throughout the game. Very subdued, jaded looking, almost nervous and no exaggerated celebrations with the two goals. His last action was not to join his players on the pitch but to swiftly disappear down the tunnel.

Meanwhile, on the pitch, there was no silver slime to be seen which meant Fabregas wasn't wanted while Ramires, who replaced him, ran himself to a standstill. That was the difference and, with Matic returning to his best, the defence were adequately protected and rarely looked troubled. Ivanovic continues to cause palpitations when confronted one on one, but it was a slightly better performance from him which raises him to the level of below average.

Attack wise, I thought Willian was superb with Hazard only slightly inferior. Oscar put in one of his better displays while Costa was a bit more energetic than normal. I'm stunned that Remy hasn't been used instead of Costa. He was on for barely a minute when he faced up to their centre back, left him for dead with the drop of the shoulder but blazed it over the bar. With more games under his belt, that would have been nestling in the bottom corner. If it was me, he'd be a certainty for the game against Leicester with his pace. It was good to see all the players that were substituted, exchanging handshakes with Mourinho, by the way. Could be that they're all singing from the same hymn sheet at last!