Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

Apparently JT's now requested that with effect from next season, a day;s length will be changed to 26 hours....and a half hour will of course become 26 minutes:biggrin:

There'll be a JT Birthday Honours list next and he might take over the role of Knighting people

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, wilai said:

Apparently JT's now requested that with effect from next season, a day;s length will be changed to 26 hours....and a half hour will of course become 26 minutes:biggrin:

TBF to JT , he spent most of the season on the bench and made no demands, requests or complaints about it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

Equally I was unsurprised and unimpressed by the True/Bein coverage of this event. OK, they covered the trophy ceremony itself, but then cut away to the Thai pundits for their end-of-season "pearls of wisdom" just as about JT was to address the masses.:angry:

I watched it on True/Bein and I saw him addressing the fans, live and continuously. The after match coverage did jump to the Thai studio several times but for anything important it went back to Stamford Bridge live, so there were all the players with their families and Conte and Terry with the mic. 

The Terry pudding on 26 minutes was cringeworthy.  Such vanity and a chance to shed a tear on the badge despite once holding the club to ransom when approached by City.  Guard of honor should have been after the match.  And i remind myself neither Tony Adams or Steven Gerrard felt the need to hold the stage in such a manner.

That aside he was a fantastic player who's career i have the highest regard.

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

Such vanity and a chance to shed a tear on the badge despite once holding the club to ransom when approached by City.

That is quite unfair . 

That is how contract negotiations work

Chelsea offered him a yearly contract at a reduced salary

Man City offered him more money and that was used to get a contract at Chelsea on better terms

The bottom line is that JT signed for Chelsea on a yearly contract at a reduction on his previous salary , when JT could easily have moved to USA or China on a huge salary , but he choose to remain at Chelsea on a reduced salary and become a squad player .

JT choose Chelsea over money

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is quite unfair . 

That is how contract negotiations work

Chelsea offered him a yearly contract at a reduced salary

Man City offered him more money and that was used to get a contract at Chelsea on better terms

The bottom line is that JT signed for Chelsea on a yearly contract at a reduction on his previous salary , when JT could easily have moved to USA or China on a huge salary , but he choose to remain at Chelsea on a reduced salary and become a squad player .

JT choose Chelsea over money

OK so you're a big John Terry fan. Fair enough.   Lets stick to the cringeworthy self indulgence then.  Being as the game was effectively a dead rubber i don't think that Chelsea should be fined but such stomach churning spectacles should not be allowed to happen again.

I'm desperate to hear Roy Keane's take on it!!!!

53 minutes ago, carmine said:

The Terry pudding on 26 minutes was cringeworthy.  Such vanity and a chance to shed a tear on the badge despite once holding the club to ransom when approached by City.  Guard of honor should have been after the match.  And i remind myself neither Tony Adams or Steven Gerrard felt the need to hold the stage in such a manner.

That aside he was a fantastic player who's career i have the highest regard.

Thanks to this spell check the Terry substitution became the Terry pudding........apologies for the potential misunderstandings.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm desperate to hear Roy Keane's take on it!!!!

"Theres no place in football for emotion and sentiment , If I was playing, I wouldnt have kicked the ball out , I would have done a double footed knee high flying tackle and taken JT out and had him taken off on a stretcher, like real men should"

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thanks to this spell check the Terry substitution became the Terry pudding........apologies for the potential misunderstandings.

I don't think it was so much a pudding, more like an Eton Mess :biggrin:

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I though you had become 'EvenStevens" and began making up your own slang words

• Like 2

The Terry farewell was one of the most "tacky " self promotions I have witnessed.You can bet the FA will never let that happen again and neither should it.

So a player can orchestrate  farewell on his terms.Wondre he didnt sky dive in. Sunderland should also be ashamed for agreeing to it.Before or after the match its a compeition game for heavens sake despite the title already won not a testimonial. Terry was a great player but as a person his character left a lot to be desired.

Reminds me of the Chelsea  ex CEO minion Pete Kenyon walking around after the CL with a medal around his neck like he has just played 90 minutes  while Bobby Charlton quietly put his in his pocker.Mind you Kenyon also donned his shorts to run with the Olympic torch, total tosser 

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

The Terry farewell was one of the most "tacky " self promotions I have witnessed.You can bet the FA will never let that happen again and neither should it.

The F.A have stated that they have absolutely no problem with it 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The F.A have stated that they have absolutely no problem with it 

the FA are of course spineless goons and tubs of lard in blazers.

no problem with halting an ongoing match for a guard of honour but woe betide you if you take your shirt off when celebrating a goal.

• Like 2

Just now, StevieH said:

the FA are of course spineless goons and tubs of lard in blazers.

no problem with halting an ongoing match for a guard of honour but woe betide you if you take your shirt off when celebrating a goal.

Taking a shirt off is against the rules, as its regarded as ungentlemanly conduct

Applauding a player off the pitch isnt considered to be ungentlemanly conduct

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I thought it was more to do with the sponsors wanting maximum exposure of their name/brand on their shirt.

No, individual team shirt sponsors do not dictate the rules to the F.A.

Although the shirt sponsors would likely  appreciate the extra publicity

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

So a player can orchestrate  farewell on his terms.Wondre he didnt sky dive in. Sunderland should also be ashamed for agreeing to it.Before or after the match its a compeition game for heavens sake despite the title already won not a testimonial. Terry was a great player but as a person his character left a lot to be desired.

Reminds me of the Chelsea  ex CEO minion Pete Kenyon walking around after the CL with a medal around his neck like he has just played 90 minutes  while Bobby Charlton quietly put his in his pocker.Mind you Kenyon also donned his shorts to run with the Olympic torch, total tosser 

Be careful not to fall off that great big White horse your sitting on. 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, he isnt the person that the media made him out to be .

It was a hateful campaign against him, by oppo supporting journos 

Oh son, many would agree to disagree.

14 hours ago, Sparkles said:

u   are  nuffin ,  but a   old party pooper!!!