transfer motorcycle driver license..

Hello everyone,

I asked sam thing in the motor forum but... I have a NY driver license which DM. M meaning motorcycle. I had a quite hard time to get that M lever in NewYork state. I changed this U.S. driver license to Thai. I had a little bit hard time to transfer to get Thai license.

But my question is why I still can not drive motorcycle. I wish I could got that but Nobody could answer to me in English. I tried to do that but nobody understand my question.

Is there anybody to know that what i have to do for get the motorcycle driver license without test please. Everyday is challenge to me in this country. Thank you in advance.

Your topic in Thailand Motor Forum has been locked.

Forum Rule - 4. Please do not post the same thing across multiple forums. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain

and no you can't get a thai motorcycle driver license or motor license

with out takeing the driver test here in Thailand

you want a thai license you have to that the test

Really.

It was my understanding if you had an IDP as well as you home country license you did not need to do the driver/rider tests. Certainly was the case for me but then that was a few years ago.

So I got you right?:

with your NY DL with "Class" = "DM" you already got a Thai driving license for "Private Car" (likely a "Temporary").

Now you additionally want a motorcycle license?

(in Thailand it's a separate plastic for each class).

Your "job" now:

find somone at DLT who understands what this "DM" class includes (motorcycle and car I assume?).

Or at least someone who can tell you what kind of documentation/translation they expect.

If you are lucky they simply did not understand that you want both licenses and gave a car license only.

Where do you get that from?

If you have a proper home country license and an IDP (at best) you can get a motorcycle license too.

The general experiences here say that English language DL are accepted without translation.

Not sure whether this applies to all DLTs and all kind of English language licenses.

It's close to impossible all kind of variation of "class' descriptions worldwide.

That's where the IDP comes handy (simple five class system, stamped or not stamped).

To the OP: which DLT office have you been?

Where do you get that from?

If you have a proper home country license and an IDP (at best) you can get a motorcycle license too.

The general experiences here say that English language DL are accepted without translation.

Not sure whether this applies to all DLTs and all kind of English language licenses.

It's close to impossible all kind of variation of "class' descriptions worldwide.

That's where the IDP comes handy (simple five class system, stamped or not stamped).

To the OP: which DLT office have you been?

Thank you for those answers. I have been to "Khlong Luan commodity trasnsport station". Before here, I had been to american Embassy to get certificate for my driver license as the other forum told me to. So I got the paper from American Embassy. But They didn't care about the paper. They just ask me the real license with rotary and translation I believe. I asked motor service guy for the service with 160 baht. and they took a picture and gave me new driver license.

Archived