UK is the most corrupt country in the world

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true. What would you expect of a place that has become home for some of the most corrupt people on the planet ? The really exclusive apartment blocks house some of life's charmers, you would be hard pressed to find a maximun security jail where the inmates have more blood on their hands.

The USA is much more corrupt. #1 in the world I think.

Sorry, but after checking a number of corruption rankings, your opinion is apparently worthless.

One source, Fortune Magazine:

The most corrupt countries:

post-108400-1464785568074_thumb.jpg

The 12 least corrupt countries.

post-108400-14647856184396_thumb.jpg

You can check out similar results with quite a few studies/sources. Google it.

So where does that leave our poster? Just another garden-variety America basher; a common troll on TV who only knows one tune to play for nearly every topic.

Thank you. I'm American and I took my business model from the US banking system many years ago as a young man. I was able to take a comfortable early retirement by "using" the banks. God bless America and her little brother the UK... wink.png

Top this Denmark... 555

Most people think that the big bank bailout was the $700 billion that the treasury department used to save the banks during the financial crash in September of 2008. But this is a long way from the truth because the bailout is still ongoing. The Special Inspector General for TARP summary of the bailout says that the total commitment of government is $16.8 trillion dollars with the $4.6 trillion already paid out. Yes, it was trillions not billions and the banks are now larger and still too big to fail. But it isn’t just the government bailout money that tells the story of the bailout. This is a story about lies, cheating, and a multi-faceted corruption which was often criminal.

USA USA USA we're number one LOL http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecollins/2015/07/14/the-big-bank-bailout/#afac4883723f

Sorry, but after checking a number of corruption rankings, your opinion is apparently worthless.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1464785566.620212.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1464785617.184323.jpg

So where does that leave our poster? Just another garden-variety America basher; a common troll on TV who only knows one tune to play for nearly every topic.

HAHA. OK, sure. That is "perceived" corruption my friend. Has nothing to do with the facts.

How many have thought for many years how honest and forthright the American political system is?

Now this election year we find out how corrupt it all is. Aren't you paying attention to what is going on?

Also, the financial markets are not corrupt and manipulated? OK, whatever.

Edited by bkk6060

The City of London is an excellent tax-haven, supported by slightly-less-regulated places like Jersey/Guernsey/IoM, and the off-the-wall Caymans/BVI/Gibraltar and so-on, so the OP is correct.

The old British Empire lives on, in financial terms, competing with the modern American one, draining taxable profits out of the third-world, and the Chinese empire-to-come will be using Hong Kong & Macau in a similar way.

I'm currently reading an excellent book about the offshore-world called "Treasure Islands" which, while clearly having an agenda, nevertheless goes into interesting detail about how this has all arisen. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ricardo

is that "Corruption"...in the 3rd World Sense?

UK sure is going downhill

Thank you. I'm American and I took my business model from the US banking system many years ago as a young man. I was able to take a comfortable early retirement by "using" the banks. God bless America and her little brother the UK... wink.png

Its good to see the colony is coming along nicely wink.png

Its good to see the colony is coming along nicely wink.png

I thought we sorted out that colony issue quite some time ago.thumbsup.gif Fact is I see the USA and the UK as one country. Crooks are Us East and Crooks are us West... wink.png

I am from the US but just to follow up about my opinion that the US is #1.

I guess maybe you cannot call it all corruption, but maybe just scamming/ripping people off.

Why is my internet and cable in Thailand $30 and in the US for the same service $200?

Why is my electric bill here $30 and in the US $200-$300. ( and it rarely goes out here)?

Why is my water bill here $3 and in the US $50?

Why are property taxes for a new house in the US 2% of the purchase price every year, and here it is zero?

Why are monthly maintenance fees for a quality Condo $600 a month in the US and $50 here?

Why is a massage $60 in the US and $6 here?

Why is a special service $200 in the US and $20 here?

Why is a Taxi for 30 minutes in the US $100 and $12 here?

Why is a bottle of water $.30 here and $1.50 in the US?

Why do I pay less then $200 a month for medical insurance here and in the US it is close to $1,000?

Food, gas, haircuts, on and on what else?

Oh yes, taxes. State, federal, merchandise, food and property are all taxed.

Now throw in the political system, judicial system and financial markets.

The US is a scam place. Always some crisis or excuse to raise the price of something.

Too many people sitting in offices doing nothing and making $75,000 a year.

If not the word "corruption", scam ripoff fits the bill.

Edited by bkk6060

Take note all you Poms, Stralians dont even enter on a list of corrupt countries.

Why is my internet and cable in Thailand $30 and in the US for the same service $200?

Why is my electric bill here $30 and in the US $200-$300. ( and it rarely goes out here)?

Why are property taxes for a new house in the US 2% of the purchase price every year, and here it is zero?

Why are monthly maintenance fees for a quality Condo $600 a month in the US and $50 here?

Why do I pay less then $200 a month for medical insurance here and in the US it is close to $1,000?

It's because if you decided to go to work here to support your family, you'd be making 75-cents to $1 an hour--average prevailing wage. In my USA hometown, it's $15 an hour, and the standard of living for the average worker is in the stratosphere compared to an average worker (read: NOT Bangkok high rise office) here.

It's called a develop-ING country. Like someone else said, it's not rocket surgery.

Edited by Fookhaht

Take note all you Poms, Stralians dont even enter on a list of corrupt countries.

smile.png

That's 'cos we paid off the census people.tongue.png

On the list you've chosen to reply to above, Australia figures somewhere below UK - which is at No. 10, equal with Germany & Luxembourg - in the "12 Least Corrupt Countries" list, meaning that, according to that particular survey, Australia is more corrupt than UK.

Other surveys show Oz slightly less corrupt than UK so, on balance, I guess they're pretty equal overall.

Getting us out of the EU would be a good start. But the government are hell-bent on keeping us in. That's corruption.

Yeah leave the EU and watch the UK disappear into oblivion

We managed quite ok when we ruled over most of the world not to long ago.

One may say with absolute certainty that wherever there are politicians there is corruption.

A similar degree of certainty may be applied to bankers and their ilk.

A perhaps lesser degree of certainty may be applied to business as a whole.

The country is irrelevant.

It's because if you decided to go to work here to support your family, you'd be making 75-cents to $1 an hour--average prevailing wage. In my USA hometown, it's $15 an hour, and the standard of living for the average worker is in the stratosphere compared to an average worker (read: NOT Bangkok high rise office) here.

It's called a develop-ING country. Like someone else said, it's not rocket surgery.

The "average" wage in Thailand is 13,500 b a month.

The minimum wage in the USA is still $7.25 an hour. Most "average" jobs are not paying $15.

But even at $15 I doubt they are in the stratosphere compared to Thailand. Add Health insurance and a small Apt. and that $15 is gone in most developed cities.

But you can manipulate it any way you want.

Maybe you should get a job with the federal government.

PS: It's Rocket science, not Rocket surgery. But nice try:)