Im impressed with NETFLIX thailand. Glad to have cut the cord

davidst01

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that it's the middle one. As said, I use it to cast Iflix. I have a native Netflix app on my 4k TV. Mind you that Iflix only runs natively on a non jail broken android boxes.

Furthermore, iflix never supported airplay. So I am surprised Sookee used this method. Was he dreaming?

14 hours ago, sniffdog said:

I can confirm that it's the middle one. As said, I use it to cast Iflix. I have a native Netflix app on my 4k TV. Mind you that Iflix only runs natively on a non jail broken android boxes.

Furthermore, iflix never supported airplay. So I am surprised Sookee used this method. Was he dreaming?

Well, far better to be sure of the facts than to be 'surprised', especially when you suggest others are dreaming.  There's a massive difference between your complete lack of knowledge and whether something is technically achievable. Just get the facts right.  Easier all round and saves you from making stupid comments.

iFlix WILL (and always has, since I've had it) Airplayed from any iOS device or a Mac laptop to an Apple TV.  It's the way i have been watching it for the last 18 months.  Trouble is from the iPad you get the low res version of a smaller display size within the screen. From the laptop or an iPhone it's fine.  I just don't need a second device open to play a source unless I've no choice.  One box, all the apps I use.  Far better solution.

• 4 weeks later...

fyi, Google's Youtube TV has just gone live in a handful of U.S. cities -- NY, LA, San Fran, Chicago and Philly.

They're offering a one month free trial and a free Google Chromecast with a subscriber's first paid month.

I tried accessing the service today with an L.A. IP address on my Windows 10 laptop, and couldn't get past what appears to be pretty aggressive location checking by Google's system. Tried several different browsers and different configurations, but no joy on any of them.

The only interfaces right now are browser-based, or YouTube TV apps for Android and IOS. I didn't try with the app-based log-in, as yet.

tv.youtube.com