Station chief and 3 other Huaw Kwang police transferred in wake of Nataree massage raid

webfact

Prostitution is and always will be connected to misery, exploitation, human traffic and AIDS. No matter what some men here wanna believe.

Just ask any monger who has a daughter to show him a pic of the girl and then tell him with poker face you really like to bang her for 40 bucks... I did. Great fun to watch them defend prostitution then.

The misery and trafficking narrative is nonsense. As for AIDS the main victims are homosexuals not Thai prostitutes. What my adult daughter does is not my business but many fathers would be upset at you expressing a desire to have to have sex with their daughters in such a crude way even if there was no mention of money. Your point is fatuous. Prostitution is defended by many women. You are both patronising and sexist.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than perform not so clever laws, they should better regulate and decriminalize prostitution.

Simply withdraw the ground for extortion and criminal structures.

So this is only Don Quixotes fight against windmills.

Prostitution is regulated in Thailand. There are lots of laws relating to it, such as no soliciting, the prostitute has to be 18+ and it must be carried out 'unpromiscuously'.

Bars and gogos are regularly raided if they break the regulations.

Really---thanks Brewster,didn't realise that --- coffee1.gif

move over kittipong and crew, you have had your turn at the golden fountain, someone else gets a turn now.

we could be seeing a real crack down on corruption, but in reality it will probably be business as usual.

Agree 100% why move them sack the crooks like other countries do.

Thai police are a joke they can commit almost any crime and then get moved to an inactive post.

Absolute disgrace evidence proves what they did and still they get away with it.

Move over matey now it is my turn for some of thatwink.pngwink.png

Yes, this Department of Inactive Posts is getting bigger by the day! I see the latest "conscripts" have been assigned to "clerical duties" - must be to cope with the increasing amount of paperwork!

Prostitution is and always will be connected to misery, exploitation, human traffic and AIDS. No matter what some men here wanna believe.

Just ask any monger who has a daughter to show him a pic of the girl and then tell him with poker face you really like to bang her for 40 bucks... I did. Great fun to watch them defend prostitution then.

The misery and trafficking narrative is nonsense. As for AIDS the main victims are homosexuals not Thai prostitutes. What my adult daughter does is not my business but many fathers would be upset at you expressing a desire to have to have sex with their daughters in such a crude way even if there was no mention of money. Your point is fatuous. Prostitution is defended by many women. You are both patronising and sexist.

the prostitution defended by women is controled prostitution. not the wild west we know in thailand. as for misery and trafficking. i'm not talking about the BG's you consume. i'm talking about the 10.000's of girls in local brothels from Cambodia, Laos, Burma and 10-song-panna.

believe what u wanna believe pal. you only do so because u couldn't deal with the truth.

Rather than perform not so clever laws, they should better regulate and decriminalize prostitution.

Prostitution is regulated in Thailand. There are lots of laws relating to it, such as no soliciting, the prostitute has to be 18+ and it must be carried out 'unpromiscuously'.

From a well known search engine:-

"No. prostitution has been illegal in Thailand since 1960. The prohibition is, however, not strictly enforced."

"No. prostitution has been illegal in Thailand since 1960. The prohibition is, however, not strictly enforced."

Search a bit harder and you'll find links to various pieces of legislation regulating specifics aspects of prostitution.

Search a bit harder and you'll find links to various pieces of legislation regulating specifics aspects of prostitution.

Sorry, Brewster, you are quite right - the 1960 piece of legislation has been replaced i.e.:-

" The 1960 law was repealed by the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996)."

Current legal situation[edit]

As of June 2012, the legal framework governing prostitution in Thailand is based upon three acts:

The Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996)[edit]

The Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act is the central legal framework prohibiting prostitution. Under the act, a definition of "prostitution" is provided: "Sexual intercourse, or any other act, or the commission of any other act in order to gratify the sexual desire of another person in a promiscuous manner in return for money or any other benefit, irrespective of whether the person who accepts the act and the person who commits the act are of the same sex or not." However, a clear definition of the phrase "in a promiscuous manner" is not provided.[22]

Oh. OK. So everything is a a perfect model of probity then.

No corruption at all - perish the thought. Everything hunky-dory, yep.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

And, what about all the other, similar fish bowl massage places right around the same neighborhood, among them ones just as large and well known as Nataree???

Does anyone really think any of those places are operating any differently than Nataree is?

That's what makes the whole notion of justice and fair law enforcement a joke here.

Some brownshirt tried to fly a little to close to the sun, without paying forward enough. So, new ranks in place, new payments arranged, and back to normal in a couple weeks. TIT!

I am not so sure about your first sentence. I believe that those outside "organizations" that filed the complaints made it nearly impossible for the upper echelon to ignore. So they decided to throw a few of the low level guys to the wolves to placate the complainers. Once it is off their radar, everything will return to standard operating procedure. Everyone here (the outside complainers, the upper Thai echelon, etc.) must put on the show that justifies their public facing existence in order to continue with the hidden agendas.

It aint gonna make a ha'pth worth of difference.The fix is in,its been in for years,its gone too far.It will never change. The only thing that might change is the places that these cops go to vanish in.Like Obscurity,now wheres that?you always hear that someone died in obscurity.He died in testate,is that near New York state???

My mind boggles.

If they sacked every crooked cop in Thailand how many policemen would be left?

Actually, it would be a good way to restock the tank.

I heard an estimate of 15% honest police a few years back. Knowing the impact of peer pressure, I suspect it wouldn't be any more than that and may very well be less.

Then there's the 15% or less honest politicians.

And the 15% or less honest government employees.

5% opr less of officials up to the Changwat level, before the scrutiny gets to be worrisome.

Still, the police would be a good start. Sack 85% and recruit anew. Would do wonders for the unermployment (sorry I forgot there isn't any).

What would you call a bomb that killed 90% of the current government and it's hangers-on? A handy start.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

If these ngo's really wanted to help they would target the places that cater to the locals but then that would be dangerous. Better for them to just pick on places geared towards Westerners, that way the money still flows in and they can continue to live the good life.

Just lay low for a while until all this blows over? And once all this has blown over and forgotten, everything will be restored and business as usual.

Which raises the question ......why raid it in the first place!wub.png

Because ...by way of what is being stated the international group Nvader has put the pressure on the authorities to raid that particular massage parlor and rescue some of the girls working their who are believed to be or said to be or known to be enslaved there and not there of their own free will and or being underage.

Then, when the authorities raid the place they do find some of the girls, both Local and Burmese or Laotian or Cambodian, are underage and or they are not working in Thailand legally ...which is not a big deal ...but if they are proven to have been trafficked and they are sexually enslaved and purposely indebted and in effect held in captivity by the people or persons running the massage parlor then they are in violation of Thai law and International Laws.

Laws that Thailand is signatory to.

Plus the local / district police know exactly what is going on while they allow ( that aspect ) of the establishment to continue as long as the police are paid off.... and no small amount either.

Everyone knows this and I am certain most people do not have any second thoughts about any girl, 18 years old or over, working as a prostitute, if and when it is done of her own free will and clear of any pimps or any people forcing her to provide sexual services under duress.

The truth of the matter is the whole affair involves SOME of the girls who are trafficked and they are enslaved and they are not providing sexual service by way of their own free will....rather forced to be there as someone or some people bought and or sold those girls for profit while the "Owners" of that person will extract their compensation from the girl who is compelled to provide sexual services under duress.

Maybe it is only one girl in that particular establishment while everyone has to understand that this is not really about socially frowned upon sexual services provided and or prostitution, per say, rather it is about human trafficking and the sexual enslavement of SOME of the girls that end up working in such obvious public establishments that profit from the exploitation and enslavement of SOME girls while the sad stories that SOME of the girls have to tell would break your heart...truth be told....while you would also want to intervene...if you could ...but you can not..........but international groups like Nvader can and do.

I am not trying to be all PC here, rather I enjoy it when the scum bag police and the low life weasels that traffic and enslave people are caught out and they lose money and happy to see them go to prison or their business shut down or better yet, they have a nasty accident and die a horrible death

If they are not involved in human trafficking and sexual enslavement and forced prostitution then that is another set of circumstance...but if they are, then Whack the low lifes and whack them hard and put them in prison for a long, long time.....or what ever it takes to curb or eliminate the very nefarious business of human tracking and sexual enslavement and forced prostitution under duress.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

the prostitution defended by women is controled prostitution. not the wild west we know in thailand. as for misery and trafficking. i'm not talking about the BG's you consume. i'm talking about the 10.000's of girls in local brothels from Cambodia, Laos, Burma and 10-song-panna.

believe what u wanna believe pal. you only do so because u couldn't deal with the truth.

You are talking your version of the truth and evading the issue. The police did not raid a Burmese border brothel did they. They ordered a large regulated bath house were the girls volunteer to work. The majority of trafficked people do not work in the sex trade but elsewhere,;especially in the UK and USA. You fail to address your silly test about wanting sex with a man's daughter. It is you who has problems with sex- freedom - and truth. There was no real point to this raid. And the invaders NGO are Christian hypocrites who would be better of pursuing sick peedo priests.

Just lay low for a while until all this blows over? And once all this has blown over and forgotten, everything will be restored and business as usual.

Which raises the question ......why raid it in the first place!wub.png

Because ...by way of what is being stated the international group Nvader has put the pressure on the authorities to raid that particular massage parlor and rescue some of the girls working their who are believed to be or said to be or known to be enslaved there and not there of their own free will and or being underage.

Then, when the authorities raid the place they do find some of the girls, both Local and Burmese or Laotian or Cambodian, are underage and or they are not working in Thailand legally ...which is not a big deal ...but if they are proven to have been trafficked and they are sexually enslaved and purposely indebted and in effect held in captivity by the people or persons running the massage parlor then they are in violation of Thai law and International Laws.

Laws that Thailand is signatory to.

Plus the local / district police know exactly what is going on while they allow ( that aspect ) of the establishment to continue as long as the police are paid off.... and no small amount either.

Everyone knows this and I am certain most people do not have any second thoughts about any girl, 18 years old or over, working as a prostitute, if and when it is done of her own free will and clear of any pimps or any people forcing her to provide sexual services under duress.

The truth of the matter is the whole affair involves SOME of the girls who are trafficked and they are enslaved and they are not providing sexual service by way of their own free will....rather forced to be there as someone or some people bought and or sold those girls for profit while the "Owners" of that person will extract their compensation from the girl who is compelled to provide sexual services under duress.

Maybe it is only one girl in that particular establishment while everyone has to understand that this is not really about socially frowned upon sexual services provided and or prostitution, per say, rather it is about human trafficking and the sexual enslavement of SOME of the girls that end up working in such obvious public establishments that profit from the exploitation and enslavement of SOME girls while the sad stories that SOME of the girls have to tell would break your heart...truth be told....while you would also want to intervene...if you could ...but you can not..........but international groups like Nvader can and do.

I am not trying to be all PC here, rather I enjoy it when the scum bag police and the low life weasels that traffic and enslave people are caught out and they lose money and happy to see them go to prison or their business shut down or better yet, they have a nasty accident and die a horrible death

If they are not involved in human trafficking and sexual enslavement and forced prostitution then that is another set of circumstance...but if they are, then Whack the low lifes and whack them hard and put them in prison for a long, long time.....or what ever it takes to curb or eliminate the very nefarious business of human tracking and sexual enslavement and forced prostitution under duress.

Cheers

Oh please don't upset the long string of giggling little boys posters on here with facts coffee1.gif

You are talking your version of the truth and evading the issue. The police did not raid a Burmese border brothel did they. They ordered a large regulated bath house were the girls volunteer to work. The majority of trafficked people do not work in the sex trade but elsewhere,;especially in the UK and USA. You fail to address your silly test about wanting sex with a man's daughter. It is you who has problems with sex- freedom - and truth. There was no real point to this raid. And the invaders NGO are Christian hypocrites who would be better of pursuing sick peedo priests.

Burmese girls (or Khmer/Lao/Yunanese) are not just consumable in remote border towns but all over Thailand including BKK. And most local hookers in Thailand I have met are miserable one way or another (and far from emancipated enlightened women, 555). As for regulated bath house, I read MINORS... Regulated right? If prostitution is such a great and noble feminist job with no downsides, again, please tell your daughter to get into it. You seem a specialist anyway who can give her all kinds of good advice ?

Burmese girls (or Khmer/Lao/Yunanese) are not just consumable in remote border towns but all over Thailand including BKK. And most local hookers in Thailand I have met are miserable one way or another (and far from emancipated enlightened women, 555). As for regulated bath house, I read MINORS... Regulated right? If prostitution is such a great and noble feminist job with no downsides, again, please tell your daughter to get into it. You seem a specialist anyway who can give her all kinds of good advice

The 'regulations' state no prostitutes to be under 18, hence the raid! The 18 year-olds and over will be able to resume their employment if not at this massage place, then one of the many others.

A place like this with 100's of women working there will not be making little pay offs to the BMA and Tourist police as illustrated in the other paper.

This kind of operation is owned and operated by well connected individuals (mafia call them what you will) who will be paying off very high ranking officials of numerous organizations who in turn would no doubt pass some of that along to appropiate decision makers in the Government at any one time. Everyone needs a slice of the cake.

The parts illustrated in the BP are just small fry local cops etc taking their cut.

You can be sure that the big money being paid does not get noted down in little black books, or leave bank trails from account to account.

Corruption Is an endless problem in Thailand. I had my first outing last week Sunday to the cop shop to go and negotiate with them for my wife being caught playing cards with friends without money involved. They busted them by entering the premises without any surge warrant and surge the premises. When I arrived at the cop shop these 3 cops at the pilot station said I must pay 15000 for them to be released which I refused. They made them give urine samples which they kept with them. They took them after 3 hrs to the main cop shop and stopped along the road and ask them if they are sure I will not pay a reduced amount of 12000 and they can go. I was following them in my private vehicle and told them I will not pay for all of them.They took them to the cop shop and book them into the monkey house. These urine samples were taken to the "Hospital to be tested and they said all were tested positive for Meth." This is start getting late at night and they told me if I do not pay the 12000 they will go the next day to court and as they are guilty of using "Meth" the fine will be 20000 for each at the court. Well I did not pay and the wife spend her night in the monkey house. The next day I went to the cop shop they told me that I can speak with a senior cop and he will tell me what is what. He told me that I must pay 6000 for her to go and all the cases against her will be dropped. I asked him what is the difference between 12000 for 3 and 6000 for my wife to go. He reduced her fine to 4000. I told him that I want paper that I paid for her to be released. He wrote a letter and I said he must put a police stamp on it. I took it and said I will come back. I took a photo of the letter and put it in my pocket. Then he came out of the cop shop and demanded that I give the letter back which I refused to do. To cut the story short I Was attacked by him and another cop in plain clothes and the letter was forcefully removed from me. Later that night I went and pay the 4000 fine after I took a photo of the money and serial numbers that I paid the fine with. I know this is a long story but if there is any one with a positive comment on this on how to report this incident please let me hear from you.

On the opposite side,ive met a lot of hookers,bar girls and freelancers,who are happy to get away from the village and the family.Being 'sold into a marriage they dont want.usually to a Thai guy some 20 years older.or doing back breaking work in the fields every day in I know many that enjoy the life.And many of the girls that worked for us,met guys who have taken them away to live in their countries..i know of one young lady (very popular) who is now living in Finland,in her own house with a young guy who is now her husband.Whats so bad about that? many of our girls. have moved abroad.2 are now living in the USA.1 has a husband and kids in Switzerland. They keep in contact regular and always say how they enjoyed the days at our bar and how they are lucky to have found their new lives.

So it would seem that for all the ones with heart breaking tales,Pretty woman is not just a Hollywood fantasy.

On the opposite side,ive met a lot of hookers,bar girls and freelancers,who are happy to get away from the village and the family.Being 'sold into a marriage they dont want.usually to a Thai guy some 20 years older.or doing back breaking work in the fields every day in I know many that enjoy the life.And many of the girls that worked for us,met guys who have taken them away to live in their countries..i know of one young lady (very popular) who is now living in Finland,in her own house with a young guy who is now her husband.Whats so bad about that? many of our girls. have moved abroad.2 are now living in the USA.1 has a husband and kids in Switzerland. They keep in contact regular and always say how they enjoyed the days at our bar and how they are lucky to have found their new lives.

So it would seem that for all the ones with heart breaking tales,Pretty woman is not just a Hollywood fantasy.

Absolutely.

There is the upside to prostitution and there is the downside to prostitution.

If a woman or man participates in prostitution by way of their own free will then that is their business, so to speak.

Meantime, every country has existing laws that try to stop or curb the practice of prostitution while the realm of prostitution includes many ways and means to provide the sexual services and many avenues of access for the buyer of such services....and all the more so now that the Information technology age is here to be used as an additional ways and means to provide sexual services

Thailand has more than 10 ways and means and forms of prostitution.

As I said before all of it is based on human sexuality which is practiced in abundance all over the world anyhow while the only real difference is the money involved or recognized form of compensation for the sexual gratification provided.

The money aspect of the equation complicates the whole issue as making a business out of sex and profiting from sex and earning a living from sex has always been frowned upon and seldom accepted by all societies as a means and ways to profit from or earn a living from

All countries and all societies throughout history have rejected the act of sex or sexual services performed for the purpose of obtaining money and all countries have tried to stop the practice or curb it or totally eliminate what is deemed as prostitution and all that it entails regardless of the type of religion or religious based social values practiced in any of those countries.

The act of Sex itself is accepted or tolerated and recognized as part of the natural order of things, so to speak.

However, when money enters the equation then the act of sex being provided for money being exchanged, then the money aspect turns the natural act of sex into the socially unacceptable and shunned by the rest of the citizens who are brainwashed into believing it is an evil practice and no good can come of it while righteous religious values add to the social stigma attached to something that is happening anyhow, several hundred million times per day...every day...throughout the world.

The money aspect is what complicates it and corrupts it and makes it nefarious more so than any other aspect.

Of course the whole affair of prostitution has evolved into something of a very convoluted nature and a contentious social issue, but the point is:

If you take away the money aspect of the equation then what you have basically is people everywhere simply engaging in the natural act of sex while you can not stop people from having sex....and if you did try to stop people from having sex ...well..... try and see what happens...

Meantime, throughout history, sex has always been a means of barter and practiced far, far more so by women than men and remains that way to this day...so the evolution of what is deemed as prostitution is all part of humanity and will continue to be so

Cheers

"Altogether 121 female workers were found in the Nataree massage parlour. Nine of them were found to have been lured into prostitution by their procurers. 12 others are being checked whether they are minor or not because they have no ID cards"...

9 out if 121 lured into prostitution. 12 without ID. Doing the job of their lives. Washing and banging with strange, horny men.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of you do guys appear to have totally lost the reason for this bust.

It has nothing to do about stopping the oldest trade in the world from being alive & well here. (Thank goodness)

It is about a show to A) Placate the pesky Kiwis interfering where they have no business (Prostitution alive & well in NZ)

B) A show of strength by the General (see I am the boss)

C) Not enough in the brown bag going upwards

D) Done under the guise of under age & foreign illegals & looking for Drugs (which I agree about)

E) Possibly the owner not paying tax

Many other places have been checked along the same lines & are trading as usual.(Commission routes all OK)