Advice on furniture removals please.

Brer Fox

I am planning to move some furniture from BKK to Udon Thani where it can be put in storage. I only rent a small condo in BKK so I don't have a lot. Large fridge, queen bed, lounge suite and cupboards and desk and some bits and pieces. I am not interested in doing it myself with a hired truck. I just want some one to come in and take it away safely. Anybody out there who can recommend quality removalists and who can also organise storage at the destination. Help and advice would be appreciated thank you.

Thai Post office has the service you want; furniture, motorcyles, etc. They will inspect, quote, wrap, take away, deliver to the house / storage at the destination.

May need to contact a much bigger PO to set it up, seems small local POs not fully aware of this.

I've heard of many folks using this and happy with the service, at reasonable rates.

Good luck.

Thai Post office has the service you want; furniture, motorcyles, etc. They will inspect, quote, wrap, take away, deliver to the house / storage at the destination.

May need to contact a much bigger PO to set it up, seems small local POs not fully aware of this.

I've heard of many folks using this and happy with the service, at reasonable rates.

Good luck.

Thanks for that. I will check it out.

Good luck.

Wow! I've lived in Bangkok 10+ years and never heard of this Post office service. Great information.

I need to send some stuff I allowed a friend to store in my place "for a few months" two years ago to a home in Korat. This service might be the perfect way.

I would be a bit worried about using Thai post for packing and loading anything I have of any value.

You maybe aware that the post office is used for posting stuff. Not sure how many postmen or woman are taught to wrap and pack items of value.

i know most people think a monkey could move an item from A to B.

All I would say is if you choose to use such a monkey make you insure it well and keep the bananas coming.

"You maybe aware that the post office is used for posting stuff. Not sure how many postmen or woman are taught to wrap and pack items of value."

Every Thai Post office I've been to has a dedicated parcel wrapping window with a variety of sturdy cartons available. Any parcel I have had packed by them was properly done and arrived at it's destination intact. If you do have a delicate or particularly valuable item, then indeed you should pack it yourself.

• 4 months later...

Do not use Intermover.  They quoted me 9000 to remove stuff from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai, I sent them pictures of items and confirmed the price multiple times.  Without apology and very abruptly they told me the price was now 14,000.  I reminded them that they had quoted 9000 and I had already made arrangement for moving, and they just told me if i did not like it, cancel, and use another company.  Guess what I did......after telling them to shove their service where the sun does not shine.......