Thai Airways passengers left angry after "fuel leak"

webfact

Thai Airways passengers left angry after "fuel leak"

s1app.jpg
Image: SpringNews

PHUKET: -- A Thai Airways flight bound from Phuket to Bangkok yesterday evening left passengers fuming after developing a fuel leak.

Efforts to repair the leak resulted in the passengers being stuck for several hours on the plane.

TG 218 bound for Suvarabhumi at 7.20pm returned to the gate after a signal warned the pilot of a problem in the fuel system. There were 260 passengers on board reported SpringNews.

Two hours later as the passengers got increasingly restless in the stuffy cabin a second attempt was made to leave but again a fuel leak was detected.

Several passengers reportedly decided that they did not want to travel on Thai after the second aborted attempt and registered their feelings along with pictures on social media.

There was no word as to whether the flight took off and what happened to the passengers who did not want to continue on the flight.

Source: SpringNews

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-15

I'd rather wait and suffer the inconvenience of being cooped up in a stuffy cabin rather than... oh well, I'd rather not describe the consequence of a leaking fuel tank. And a night flight... no no, I'd rather see what's bound to happen to me. Looking out of the window and seeing nothing but total darkness. No thanks.. grounding the plane is fine until they fix it.

I still want to live long enough to see iPhone 24.

Edited by mvdf

When you have a "fuel leak"...you get off the damn plane! Was on Southwest Airlines in Phoenix, Az and had a fuel leak. No hesitation by the crew we all got off and re-boarded an hour later.

THAI Phuket-Bangkok flight grounded for three hours after warning light scare
Eakkapop Thongtub

1465966356_1.jpg
The THAI Airways Airbus A333 was grounded for three hours while a systems check was carried out. Photo: Photo: byeangel (Tsingtao, China)

PHUKET: -- A THAI Airways flight from Phuket to Bangkok was grounded for three hours last night (June 14) after a warning light inspired the pilot to abort take-off at Phuket International Airport.

Flight TG218 was taxiing to the runway at about 7:30pm when the captain noticed a warning light malfunction in the cockpit, and decided to abort take-off in favour of a full systems check, The Phuket News was told.

The passengers were called on to disembark and wait in the departure lounge while the check was carried out. After the full inspection, passengers re-boarded the plane departed Phuket at 10:37pm, bound for Suvarnabhumi.

Staff at the THAI Airways office at Phuket Airport this morning (June 15) said they were aware of the incident, but were unable to offer any explanation of what the malfunction was.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-phuket-bangkok-flight-grounded-for-three-hours-after-warning-light-scare-57871.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-06-15

A fuel leak on an aircraft is a very serious matter and it was VERY IRRESPONSIBLE of Thai Air to keep the passengers on the plane while they 'tried' to fix it. All passengers should have been deplaned immediately.

But then, safety is rarely a concern in Thailand.

Ok, now I see we have 2 stories on this event, which would seem to contradict each other.

So which story is correct?

Seems like you can't believe anything you read anymore, especially on the internet. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why any surprise. Internet news often has bad/erroneous reporting - everywhere ...

Wonder if this is the same plane that had to return to Chiang Mai airport,

with a technical fault a few days ago.

regards worgeordie

Just hope that these THAI A330s are better maintained in their main vital systems than they are inside the cabin. They are really shabby.

Just hope that these THAI A330s are better maintained in their main vital systems than they are inside the cabin. They are really shabby.

We always try to fly Air Asia as the interior is very new and smart on most of their aircraft - and the ticket price is low.

Just hope the new majority owners keep up this standard - King Power sad.png

Edited by LivinginKata

When you have a "fuel leak"...you get off the damn plane! Was on Southwest Airlines in Phoenix, Az and had a fuel leak. No hesitation by the crew we all got off and re-boarded an hour later.

But remember that here Thais are known to have no logic at all in true safety. A Second World country pretending to be a First World country,but living with Third World ideas.

While I am not a great admirer of Thai Airways lately, I have to say I don't see what they did wrong this time.

This would be a non-story if not for facebook. Should have they have flown with the leak? Should they have not tried to fix it at all, and

wait for a new aircraft who knows when?

I was once an a Lufthasa flight, transatlantic haul, same problem but much worse handling and a total nightmare for the passengers. But no facebook.

Easy and obvious thing to do when you have other aircrafts lying around, Phoenix being a hub of Southwest Airlines.

But that is first world, advanced civilisation, safety first, farang thinking. This happened in Thailand, such thinking not welcome! coffee1.gif

Oh.....ok a cynical comment. But true?

Ok, now I see we have 2 stories on this event, which would seem to contradict each other.

So which story is correct?

Seems like you can't believe anything you read anymore, especially on the internet. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why any surprise. Internet news often has bad/erroneous reporting - everywhere ...

Don't shoot the messenger (internet) - the "news" was from two separate media organisations! Shoot them first! whistling.gif

Easy and obvious thing to do when you have other aircrafts lying around, Phoenix being a hub of Southwest Airlines.

Easy and obvious thing to do when you have a fuel leak anywhere!

Imagine a fully loaded plane of passengers that catches fire!

This is one reason why THAI is no longer flying to USA and EU has also placed Thai ON NOTICE. Bad planes and maintenance now.

And today at Chiang Mai another bird on the tarmac getting a wheel and engine repaired due to OLD worn out bits.

BA flight to Switzerland has suddenly lost height on route and flew at 9000ft instead of the usual average of 25 to 33000 ft.The flight returned safely to LHR.I would rather be safe than not have the chance to be sorry?????

Wonder if this is the same plane that had to return to Chiang Mai airport,

with a technical fault a few days ago.

regards worgeordie

2016-06-11
Chiang Mai (CNX) Bangkok (BKK) A333 (HS-TEJ) 15:10 ICT 17:25 16:20 ICT Diverted to CNX

Last time in Chiangmai it was HS-TEJ.

So another A330 in Phuket ( HS-TEL ) and according to airfleet.net they were purchased in 1998.