Come fly with me - just don't expect a ticket! Woman busted in Thai Airways scam

webfact

Come fly with me - just don't expect a ticket! Woman busted in Thai Airways scam

s1a.jpg

Image: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- Police have announced the arrest of a Thai woman who posed as a Thai Airways employee in the "VIP Customer" section - she advertised online that she could get you tickets for up to half price.

And all because she had a relative who was an executive of the national carrier. But customers who fell for her tricks had to be quick or all the tickets would be gone, reported tnamcot. There were only a few left - please transfer the money quickly to secure your cheap seats, she would say,

But all of her happy clients soon got excuses not tickets until contact ceased altogether and they realized they had been conned.

Police said that Natthanitcha Udomwatthinchot managed to swindle 10 million baht with her website and Line application before she was arrested in Chiang Mai and brought to Bangkok to face the press yesterday.

She was arrested on a warrant for false advertising and fraud after police had received complaints from many people.

But it was not her first crime. She has done time on several other occasions each time coming out of prison to repeat her offending. She had been arrested six times for fraud, false advertising and other offences.

She told investigators that her job was selling things on the internet. Her intention was not to trick anyone, she was going to take the money and get tickets, she claimed. She did say sorry to her many victims, however.

Crime suppression division police responsible for the arrest warned people not to be gullible and not be taken in by offers of too cheap tickets online lest they become victims also.

Source: tnamcot

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-23

The bad news is that no body will ever any of their monies back any time soon or even at all,

these kind of scams are very easy to perpetrate as people will always fall for a " bargain "

when it comes to airfares, and from my experience with swindlers, this women will come out

of it fairly lightly and no jail time.....

I swear this country gets more bizarre by the day. A top cop and 8 others hold a press conference to announce they've caught a fraudster. Microphones, parading the accused. Do they not think that might be prejudicial to a fair trial? Just a bit?

No wait. This is Thailand, no trial by jury, trial by a civil servant who's never been a lawyer, probably doesn't know the law and is there to apply his personal judgment based on him being a good person and having made a solemn oath to someone. Mickey mouse. A clownshow from start to finish.

What was I thinking?

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Give the girl some credit, a damn good scam.

Myself i might have fallen for such a scam, as when i was flying a lot i was always looking for cheap tickets.

One thing that i see now many times, is in the photos it is always senior police men.

Have they nothing more important to do, than just get their photos in the media.

Well see! She said sorry, so everything will be just fine. Let her off easy because it's only her 7th arrest and she's so sorry.

The revolving door of the Thai justice system.

We have a few friends who are Police Officers in the RTP and one of their biggest complaints is how soon criminals are released either by lenient sentencing or by way of the annual amnesties.

I swear this country gets more bizarre by the day. A top cop and 8 others hold a press conference to announce they've caught a fraudster. Microphones, parading the accused. Do they not think that might be prejudicial to a fair trial? Just a bit?

No wait. This is Thailand, no trial by jury, trial by a civil servant who's never been a lawyer, probably doesn't know the law and is there to apply his personal judgment based on him being a good person and having made a solemn oath to someone. Mickey mouse. A clownshow from start to finish.

What was I thinking?

Winnie

I am only guessing but the lady being arrested six times previously for fraud may have had some affect in how the Police treated her.

What was I thinking?

Winnie

I get really tired of your casual lies slandering this country. Do you have ANY proof of ANY judge appointed without full legal training?

OTOH

"After the completion of the four-month academic training, the judge-trainees will be sent to the Civil Court and Criminal Court for 8 months to learn the skills and techniques of adjudication of cases and administration of all case proceedings under supervision of senior judges in those courts."
Full details of the intensive 4 month course are given.

What was I thinking?

Winnie

I get really tired of your casual lies slandering this country. Do you have ANY proof of ANY judge appointed without full legal training?

OTOH

"After the completion of the four-month academic training, the judge-trainees will be sent to the Civil Court and Criminal Court for 8 months to learn the skills and techniques of adjudication of cases and administration of all case proceedings under supervision of senior judges in those courts."
Full details of the intensive 4 month course are given.

Interesting reference ...thanks

Her intention was not to trick anyone, she was going to take the money and get tickets, she claimed.

But then the rainy season started - and no umbrella, then she got a headache, after that she didn't have the right handbag to go with the new t-shirt... and then she simply forgot it was airline tickets and bought BTS instead...

You cannot con an honest man?

my canadian mate got conned out of a house and 2 cars. he is about as honest as they come. not many people i would loan 600K thb baht but he is one of them, and he paid me back early.

getting back to the story, she has the money to pay the 'police fine' so she can be released to go out to earn more money to pay future fines.

What was I thinking?

Winnie

I am only guessing but the lady being arrested six times previously for fraud may have had some affect in how the Police treated her.

Being Thai would be enough of a give-away for many, but the fact remains; arrests are irrelevant, Convictions are what count. And they only count upon a new conviction. Not upon 'Royal Thai Police' press conference.

W

Her intention was not to trick anyone, she was going to take the money and get tickets, she claimed.

But then the rainy season started - and no umbrella, then she got a headache, after that she didn't have the right handbag to go with the new t-shirt... and then she simply forgot it was airline tickets and bought BTS instead...

Lets not forget..."and then she got high" if you haven't heard the song..

The bad news is that no body will ever any of their monies back any time soon or even at all,

these kind of scams are very easy to perpetrate as people will always fall for a " bargain "

when it comes to airfares, and from my experience with swindlers, this women will come out

of it fairly lightly and no jail time.....

Why would she get jail time? If you kill people in your car you dont get it so stealing some money definitely does not justify jail