‘We now need a Brexit government’, says UKIP’s Nigel Farage

snoop1130

‘We now need a Brexit government’, says UKIP’s Nigel Farage
By Alasdair Sandford

606x341_336566.jpg

For Nigel Farage the British vote to leave the European Union means the UKIP leader has achieved the overriding political goal of his career.

He has led the United Kingdom Independence Party for the past decade and its progressive rise helped bring about the referendum.

In the early hours, as a result in favour of “Leave” became increasingly likely, he appeared before supporters to celebrate a victory for “ordinary people”.

A few hours later Farage repeated the message – and called for a change of government – when he spoke again once the result was conclusive.

“The Sun has risen on an independent UK. And just look at it, even the weather has improved,” the UKIP leader said. “It’s a victory for ordinary people, decent people, it’s a victory against the big merchants banks, against the big businesses, against big politics. I’m proud of everybody who had the courage in the face of all the threats to do the right thing. (…) We now need a Brexit government. a govt that gets on with the job, a govt that begins the renegotiation of our trade relationship (…)
And the other thing I think that needs to happen is that June 23. needs to become a national holiday, and we will call it Independence Day.”

Describing the EU as “failing” and “dying”, Farage said “I hope we’ve knocked the first brick out of the wall. I hope this is the first step towards a Europe of sovereign nations.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-24

We now need a Brexit government. a govt that gets on with the job, a govt that begins the renegotiation of our trade relationship (…)

It is obvious that they having no plan for the future.
Surprised by their own victory.

And the other thing I think that needs to happen is that June 23. needs to become a national holiday, and we will call it Independence Day.”

One day holiday more.
Will certainly strengthen the global competitiveness.
Hurrah

Edited by tomacht8

One day holiday more.

Hurrah.

The UK only has 8 public holidays a year, unlike Thailand which has 18, not counting the more obscure Buddhist holidays.

One more is hardly going to break the bank, is it? Especially as it won't happen anyway ...

I could never bring myself to vote for someone with a French sounding name like 'Farage'.

It would be a bit like electing an Austrian to keep Germany pure.

His ancestors were Huguenots who fled the French persecutions of Protestants.

Well done for your racist remark, too ...

why not the royals are German

I wouldn't vote for them either.

That was one thing the French got right!

No-one can 'vote' for the Royal family.

Gosh, you really aren't very bright.are you?

At least I'm bright enough to know the French aren't a race.

Edited by MissAndry

We'll miss Farage in the EU parlement where he often gives the eurocrats a good scolding.

Who's gonna take his place to blatanly talk to Merkel , Junckers, Draghi ,...about a failing EU & euro?

Farage wasn't there only for the Brits ... he was there for ALL of the euro's who hate Brussel & EU & the euro.

I could never bring myself to vote for someone with a French sounding name like 'Farage'.

Now in the EU that would be called racist. As we are getting out of the EU it is your choice and opinion, nothing racist there in my opinion. I pronounce it differently, a bit like in ' Keeping up Appearances' but the English way. It is Not Farage but Furregg. smile.png

Edited by Laughing Gravy

I wouldn't vote for them either.

That was one thing the French got right!

No-one can 'vote' for the Royal family.

Gosh, you really aren't very bright.are you?

At least I'm bright enough to know the French aren't a race.

Just to keep you happy, well done for your xenophobic remark. Makes no odds either way - you still aren't too bright.

True, Saxa-Coburg-Gotha did sound a bit German, but they proved they were anglicized with Windsor, pronounced without a V

By rights the Windsors Sax Coburg Gotha's shouldn't even be in the picture.

The true by line of succession King of England used to live in a small Aussie town in New South Wales called Jerilderie. He died a few years ago, so I suppose the true heir would be his eldest son now.

True story, read the link:-

Aussie Mike the True King of England

Here's a piccy of him on his 'throne'

true_king_wideweb__430x290.jpg

Tony Robinson made a doco about him back in 2004 when he was still alive. I saw it and he was a fair dinkum down to earth Aussie 10 pound Pom gent, if you could make such a term. Link to the doco's Wiki page below:-

Britain's Real Monarch Wiki Page

Here's a link to the man in questions Wiki page too:-

Michael Abney-Hastings, 14th Earl of Loudon

Fascinating eh?

Edited by NumbNut

Now in the EU that would be called racist. As we are getting out of the EU it is your choice and opinion, nothing racist there in my opinion. I pronounce it differently, a bit like in ' Keeping up Appearances' but the English way. It is Not Farage but Furregg. smile.png

LG

So I can assume you keep your car in a Gurregg, then????whistling.gif

LG

So I can assume you keep your car in a Gurregg, then????whistling.gif

Exactly. thumbsup.gif

MissAndry, you sure come away with some silly posts, what difference does a persons name make as long as

he can do the job. I would sure like to see Nigel Farage lead a Brexit government, French sounding name or not.

We now need a Brexit government. a govt that gets on with the job, a govt that begins the renegotiation of our trade relationship (…)

One day holiday more.

Hurrah.

Bit hard to plan on a future where for the last 40+ years an ever encroaching control leading to 60% of laws and regulations have come from a foreign state. Why the negativity? It was a fantastic day for democracy. To regain British sovereignty. I really don't get the knocking. Unless you voted remain?

Either that's a poor joke or you're just fuc**ng weird?

And if Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson are part of that government the lunatics will definitely be running the asylum

Yeah Yardrunner, cos Camoron and Boy George did a stand up job didn't they? Argued against the democratic decision of the British public to regain control of their own destiny. Campaigned for a Dictatorship to gain even more control of sovereign nations. Increased the national debt to its highest ever level and oversaw uncontrolled immigration rise to its highest ever rate with no, absolutely no idea of how to stop it. Ah those are the boys. Or maybe you prefer the the total numpty Corbyn. Mind you he might be out of a job before the weekend is over.

We actually need a competent government to negotiate the exit. What do you think people like Farage are going to bring to that process? There are no great concessions or benefits to be had or hard bargains to be won from this. It's just the nuts and bolts and legalities of extracting ourselves. Once it's done, by all means hand the keys of the country over to Farage and Boris and allow them to enjoy the fruits of 'their' victory.

One day holiday more.

Hurrah.

That's easy. Do away with May day and replace it with Independence Day in June.

'Great day for democracy' sterling crashes. So UK people living abroad will see. A substantial drop in their pensions value. The lower £ WILL MAKE SUPERMARKET FOOD PRICES RISE the stock market tumbles both will mean few jobs and next up no doubts were gonna head into an opened recession,, can't for the.life of me see what's so f---.g. great about it. And please don't come out with oh your ' scare mongering' most of this is already happening and the rest is unfortunately unavoidable.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Johnson and Gove tolerated Farage to help them win and get Cameron out. Now they will simply shun him like everyone else does. He has no say in what happens, he isn't even a UK politician.

If Johnson becomes PM then it will be his job to negotiate terms with Juncker and the boys in Brussels. Given that Johnson instigated the "divorce" do you feel he is the best man to negotiate the settlement? As Ken Clark said "You just have to count from one to ten and then think WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO NOW!"

Time will tell if the decision was the right one but at the moment we have to try to deal with the chaos!

Johnson is an.opportunistic <deleted> who cares for nothing but his career. By voting out brexiters have done is re launch his main stream political career and in the meantime given all UK citizens a hard time for the.next ?? Years possibly decades absolute muppets.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit