60th birthday

I have been told by a couple of people that this is supposed to be an important birthday.

Can some of you experienced guys tell me what your 60th was like or do Thais actually celebrate it.

On a side note i have noticed that while Thai women want more romance from their spouses they do not initiate or do anything to get it started.

yep, did that one a few years ago, just another birthday, think 50 was probably a bigger event. Just remember it is not the numbers that count but how you feel/think inside yourself, there are 60 year olds that look and act like old farts then there are 60 year olds that look younger as well as act it, I know which one I prefer. Mate, just enjoy yourself and do whatever you feel like doing, thais dont seem to really celebrate birthdays so it is up to you, maybe your missus will give you a birthday surprise too but just being happy and enjoying each others company is pretty special to them as well, happy birthday.

Here un upcountry birthdays are kind of a non-event among the elders/peasants.

I am certain that this is different in younger/richer parts of society, urban population.

60 IS a very special number.

Thais (especially those with Chinese origin [but not only]) take interest/follow the Chinese calendar with it's 12 and 60 year cycles.

You might remember that when one of the majesties has a x*12th birthday that you will read about his x'th cycle birthday.

The 7th cycle birthday (84) of the King was quite a special event.

http://www.soravij.com/royalty/rama9/King84/king84.html

http://www.pattayamail.com/957/features01.shtml

Chinese calendar is an awfully complicated topic.

The 12 and 60 year cycles are just a basic structure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_calendar

Chinese sexagenary cycle (60 year cycle):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_sexagenary_cycle

My 60th will be next year.

A little family come together for a meal/hot pot.

That's it.

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 3 weeks later...

yep, did that one a few years ago, just another birthday, think 50 was probably a bigger event. Just remember it is not the numbers that count but how you feel/think inside yourself, there are 60 year olds that look and act like old farts then there are 60 year olds that look younger as well as act it, I know which one I prefer. Mate, just enjoy yourself and do whatever you feel like doing, thais dont seem to really celebrate birthdays so it is up to you, maybe your missus will give you a birthday surprise too but just being happy and enjoying each others company is pretty special to them as well, happy birthday.

I'm with you Seajae,

About to celebrate my, as i call it 59 + 1 birthday, in a couple of months, and definitely in the 'not acting one's age group,'

My partner has organised a special present for us to celebrate together, we will be flying to Northern Europe & spending 4 nights in one of our favourite hotels before we go onboard a cruise ship for a 2 week cruise down the Iberian Peninsula then a further 4 nights in the Eternal city before we head home, a special dinner has been suggested for the day.

I'm very much looking forward to the celebration & seeing new destinations through my special someones eyes will make it all the more memorable.

Regards,

CANDA.

Having been born just 17 days after Christmas seemed like a bummer when I was younger. What I remember of my 60th birthday is getting out of bed that morning at 5:45 and getting ready for work. I packed my lunch, got in my truck and drove the 15 miles arriving just before 6:30. At 2:30pm, I clocked out and drove back home. When I got home, I retrieved my mail and the newspaper, which I read while sitting on the porcelain throne. When I finished I took a shower, put on my lounging clothes and surfed the internet. Around 6pm, I fixed my dinner, then back to the computer for some online poker. Shortly after 10 pm, I went to bed with the thrill I would be doing it again the day after my birthday. But the most memorial day in my life is February 18, 2014.

Spent my 60th with some friends in Chiang Mai complaining to them that most of my family had forgotten my birthday, on top of that I got the news that my 65th Birthday family get together party had been cancelled in the UK by my daughter (well son-in-law anyway). You can choose your friends. But after threatening to dis-inherit them all the party is back on.

My beloved wife arranged for a great celebration here on Phuket at our home. Highlights included 2 large tents with about 20 tables, Buffet dinner with thai and farang food (pot luck -- the guests brought a lot), free flowing beer / wine / whiskey, live band with dancing, hand made decorations, with balloons and banner, 3 birthday cakes, good fun with family and friends. Life is short! Enjoy!

On my 60th birthday I arranged a sex party for that evening at my place. No one showed up so I just partied by my self all night.

Was completely exhausted the next day.

So pretty much same as your 21st birthday party then? :)

I know it might sound strange, but I had my first blow job on my 60th, can still taste it now.

that sounds a little bit disgusting
Yes, I don't think we needed or wanted to know. A bit like saying "I'm going for a sh1t" during mealtimes. "Forgotten to take your tablets, grandfather?" Edited by Wilsonandson

I have been told by a couple of people that this is supposed to be an important birthday.

Can some of you experienced guys tell me what your 60th was like or do Thais actually celebrate it.

»...go out and have some fun....«

I invited my friends, both farangs and natives, for at Hot Pan BBQ – Thais loves that kind of buffet, and the aliens have fun trying it, if they don't already know it – and for desert my girls had a surprise for me, they came with two Swendsen's Ice Cakes with the text, "Welcome to sixteen"...
post-122720-0-80702200-1469111333_thumb.
...Seemed like a request for inviting all the party girls at disco after dinner, which I don't mind, because I remember: "We don't stop dancing because we grow old – we grow old because we stop dancing."
intheclub.gif
Seems like the fun begin with the 60th birthday – so it must be important – the following year my lovely girlfriend had arranged two genuine Brazilian Samba-dancers... laugh.png

I got wasted - went to a French restaurant and had a fillet and a bottle of wine then took two pretty 20 year old chicks to my condo for a threesome. So not different from most weekends actually. I'm too old for proper partying.

I got wasted - went to a French restaurant and had a fillet and a bottle of wine then took two pretty 20 year old chicks to my condo for a threesome. So not different from most weekends actually. I'm too old for proper partying.

That's exactly what I did, but the second bottle of wine was my downfall.The two chicks ended up having funnels where they should of had tunnels. Hence my post.