"Where was the sign?" cries angry motorist after Vios takes a dip in a ditch

snoop1130

Personally ... I'd make a claim for recovery and repairs from my class 1 insurer and let them sort out who will compensate them. The problems will begin if it transpires this guy didn't have any insurance. That's one of the problems of driving at your own risk .... It can end up costing more in the long term.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there are as much bad Merc, Beemer, Lexus, Camry, Jazz, Civic, etc drivers as Vios drivers out there. the model one drives tells no tales about the driver. what i have noticed is that while people here have the incredible capacity to buy motor vehicles yet lack both the skill and knowledge to operate them properly.

Someone who buys a Vios is very obviously not driving for fun. I mean, a Vios! And people who don't like to do a thing are usually not very good at it.

IoW. Bad cars are used by bad drivers.

(Why is there always a Vios in front to of me on the right most lane on the Motorway?)

Thai traffic management is, well, on comparison same same but different to every other thing they seem to overlook on our roads, Lack of cops or should I say, lack of police enforcement actually doing what they are paid for.....................................

I live in Hat Yai, ,, I see everyday cops on motorcycles, sitting stationary at a red light, then the light is green, but NO, the policeman on said bike watches, on average, six bus, car, songtell etc etc..... but hey, no problem, its not his job,,, well after the 3 second delay. ... ha aha...

Look left, look right, because there aint nobody taking care of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!blink.png

Get someone to do a proof read for you HaHa

Unlike Britain where there would be three miles of cones and a snail trail of traffic until you finally reach a roadworks area with no work whatsoever being done !

Australia does better than that: in addition to the miles of cones there would be at least 5 or 6 men directing traffic , holding 'slow' signs as the traffic crawls ( unless it's raining,then, no one to be seen).

What a load of BS. Grow up. If it was your kids, working, on the road you'd be damn pissed off if drives sped past, or are you one of those the workers/public needs protection from.

When i drove through Cairns at a big road i had to turn right at a junction. I got green and pulled up. Then a policetruck drove full speed through red light (without any lights or sounds) and i could only avoid them with a real emergency stop. Lucky my old barrel had good brakes or my bus would be all on them.

Unlike Britain where there would be three miles of cones and a snail trail of traffic until you finally reach a roadworks area with no work whatsoever being done !

Australia does better than that: in addition to the miles of cones there would be at least 5 or 6 men directing traffic , holding 'slow' signs as the traffic crawls ( unless it's raining,then, no one to be seen).

What a load of BS. Grow up. If it was your kids, working, on the road you'd be damn pissed off if drives sped past, or are you one of those the workers/public needs protection from.

I think I will take the nanny state traffic cones and safety over losing car in a ditch or injury/death which is more widely on offer in Thailand.

So true, I noticed now in the NT they are hiring more females as traffic controllers, apparently they have more patience holding signs for an extended time than males.

Every state hires both males and females, show some "proof" of your comment. As well as traffic controllers, in most cases, the men ALSO do the more physical roadworks. More BS from narrow minded people.

What the hell is more physical roadworks, do the males hold a bigger stop / go sign?

In all fairness, the road is flooded and impossible to see if there is any excavation on the side of the road. There are no barriers blocking off the excavated area and certainly no signs. Could it be possible that this guy actually has a good reason to be upset or are all Thai's always in the wrong?

many cars waiting in line and he saw a short cut with no one in the way, happens all the time, why were no other cars in the water, could it be that they were a bit more patient and didnt want to chance it. Strange I know but thais seem to have an aversion to any water on the road, they will swerve to the opposite side if there is just a small puddle, this guy obviously didnt want to wait behind anyone else and by the angle of the car it looks like he may have been going a bit quick as well to be so far over and on that angle, unfortunately you can help stupidity and we all know a thai will never admit fault.

Someone who buys a Vios is very obviously not driving for fun. I mean, a Vios! And people who don't like to do a thing are usually not very good at it.

(Why is there always a Vios in front to of me on the right most lane on the Motorway?)

I like to do a thing and I am quite good at it , such as English . Oh I own a Vios as well and I would sooner have this car than a 10 year old pick up. The Vios is about the most common car on the road as so very many have been made . Bad driving is performed by the average Thai who has no licence , no insurance and mostly no idea , being in need of glasses and hearing aids are just extras.

When i drove through Cairns at a big road i had to turn right at a junction. I got green and pulled up. Then a policetruck drove full speed through red light (without any lights or sounds) and i could only avoid them with a real emergency stop. Lucky my old barrel had good brakes or my bus would be all on them.

What the hell has that got to do with my comment. My guess, from your poor English, Oz isn't your country of birth, and where do police drive trucks, why did you "pull up" at a GREEN light, then say you had to avoid tnem with a "real" emergency stop. I am suspicious of your story.

Overtaking a vehicle in the middle (fast) lane? As I'm sure that you know the outside lane is an overtaking lane only.......