New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

7 minutes ago, Carib said:

ok, I see what you mean now and it makes more sense. Don't know what kind of device you use to connect to TV, but if a laptop or pc try cleaning the cache and start over again. For me TV is performing better and better, besides the problems announced by the Techies which they are trying to fix. 

Ok, i  just run CCleaner which also cleans the cache of my firefox browser. My first impression, it runs better.

Oh no. Same as before. Ok, bad luck.

Edited by alocacoc

5 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Ok, i  just run CCleaner which also cleans the cache of my firefox browser. My first impression, it runs better.

Hope it stays that way, you have been able to post and answer twice already in this topic, so keep your fingers crossed.

Just read your edit.. Sorry but I have no more advice in this matter. 

Edited by Carib
Added text

24 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

nah, nothing has changed. I guess there is nothing to do. Sometimes it is fast, and then suddenly unusable.

As a last resort, have you tried another browser? I use Chrome and TV is lightning fast.

19 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

Programming language?

It's navigating a few menus, not writing code.

Whatever , my point is that the simplicity has gone.  Just give us the one-click buttons back.  It should not be necessary for members to modify an "activity stream" just to read unread posts in topics they already been posting in . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, balo said:

Whatever , my point is that the simplicity has gone.  Just give us the one-click buttons back.  It should not be necessary for members to modify an "activity stream" just to read unread posts in topics they already been posting in . 

Dear Balo,

you can have the One Click Buttons back, now the One-Click Buttons can be personalized more then OLD buttons. If you look through this Topic in the first couple pages there is guide line how to do it, and IF you can't work it out, PM me and I will guide you through it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Hey why do i have to individually set notifications for threads i have posted in?

what a pain....i just want to turn off notifications for all and be done with it. 

Subscriptions, and Notifications are going hand in hand

Maybe you could unsubscribe all Threads, and just follow the New Content link from now on :wai2:

Edited by tifino

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

you can have the One Click Buttons back, now the One-Click Buttons can be personalized more then OLD buttons.

Yes I figured it out now. And yes, it's working.  But it requires some work to do it.  I doubt most 65+ year old member would understand where to begin . 

5 hours ago, balo said:

Yes I figured it out now. And yes, it's working.  But it requires some work to do it.  I doubt most 65+ year old member would understand where to begin . 

So that is the reason... I am over 65.......

No matter how hard i tried yesterday all I could get   

Sorry, there is a problem

That page does not exist.

that was on anything I tried to open.. even on links sent to my email address. 

47 minutes ago, dantilley said:

Uploading a file to attach to a post doesn't work. File I'm trying to attach is a JPG, 133 KB.

I can confirm this. Tried it with Jpg in the range of 5kb - 400kb and they all fail to upload. Tried both Drag and Drop and choose files.

"Error message I get is: Upload Failed"

Edited by MJCM

got a heap of likes on a comment but they are not showing up in notifications, presume it is a glitch, also have a lot of trouble getting in at times or even into an article, comes back as site not working, realize there at teething problems and this will sort itself out.

Edited by seajae

15 minutes ago, kmj said:

Guys just a suggestion but it's always best to at least run Alpha & Firstpass Beta on a mirror site first before going live, you would save yourselves a load of stress. 

no time! to simulate 

a virtual server on a PC and then 

let's their own people use it for awhile until things run smooth.

next make the real installation.

professional!!!

15 hours ago, balo said:

I resemble that remark default_blink.png.

8 hours ago, MJCM said:

I can confirm this. Tried it with Jpg in the range of 5kb - 400kb and they all fail to upload. Tried both Drag and Drop and choose files.

"Error message I get is: Upload Failed"

Me too, three... Had to upload to Imgur and link to it:

3 hours ago, kmj said:

Guys just a suggestion but it's always best to at least run Alpha & Firstpass Beta on a mirror site first before going live, you would save yourselves a load of stress. 

A bit late now default_facepalm.gif.

Anyway, I think @Tech Doctor lives off stress.