New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

9 hours ago, VBF said:

Well I'm presently accessing the site on my Android tablet 2 hours from BKK on Emirates. I'm using Chrome as I always do and allowing for Emirates WiFi being slow, here we are ? I've never used an app for the forum..... Chrome works for me.

Thanks for your response but it doesn't answer my question. I want to go back to using the APP. Does it work? Is there a new one? 

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

If you look at the follow list in that topic your name is now listed ;)

If you get Notifications is depended on your Notification settings in this list

Edit: And as you can see I have turned everything off ;)

Yes, you're right. I came back and saw 4 notifications for me for the "Garbage Collection" thread. None were quotes of my post. So I need to turn that off. Thanks for the heads-up.  thumbsup.gif

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I have no idea when these 2 options were turned back on

Maybe @Tech Doctor can answer that ?

In a way, it's nice to know they are still tweaking the system. All the timeouts that we suffered a week or so ago have stopped and page load times are pretty good now.

If only they'd do something about the smileys - eg. make the window pop-up big enough to hold them all without scrolling, get the recently used ones correct, add back all the old good ones (maybe have a competition), etc. Smileys are important because they can indicate when your post is sarcastic or serious - something that many people don't get with my posts. roll_eyes.gif

Lord knows what this one is supposed to indicate: stoner.gif A hippy smoking a spliff?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi,

Yesterday they were pushed out as a re-patch of some configurations.

TD

Good news!

Have a word with them, @Tech Doctor, about making the pop-up big enough to show all the smileys without having to scroll horizontally and vertically.  Just one direction wouldn't be so bad, i.e. a vertical scroll bar, but both is crazy. 

It would also be very nice if the "Emoticons I've Used Recently" category worked. The ability to edit that list would be nice. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Don't know where/how else to post this:

All day today I've been having problems with posting messages.  Firstly, none of the icons on the bar at the top of this input box (Tx, B, I, U,  etc) respond. i.e. Cannot bold or italicize or underline text, nor insert smileys.

Now I find I cannot create a thread.  When I press get to the screen where to type the thread title and content, only the thread title input box in visible.  No way to enter any content.  The red "required" flag is there, but the input area is not visible.

I've tried Vivaldi, Chrome, Opera and Edge browsers.

1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

Don't know where/how else to post this:

All day today I've been having problems with posting messages.  Firstly, none of the icons on the bar at the top of this input box (Tx, B, I, U,  etc) respond. i.e. Cannot bold or italicize or underline text, nor insert smileys.

Now I find I cannot create a thread.  When I press get to the screen where to type the thread title and content, only the thread title input box in visible.  No way to enter any content.  The red "required" flag is there, but the input area is not visible.

I've tried Vivaldi, Chrome, Opera and Edge browsers.

Me too, but the smiley problem may be my fault as I asked @Tech Doctor to try to sort them out. <Insert "Whoops" smiley here>

Edited by JetsetBkk

2 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Me too, but the smiley problem may be my fault as I asked @Tech Doctor to try to sort them out. <Insert "Whoops" smiley here>

Thanks.  Who/what is @Tech Doctor?

[edited to add:]

Oh, I see from a reply above that TechDoctor is a Root Admin for the forum.  Oh, @Tech Doctor, can you help me with creating a thread?

Also, are you saying "me too" just for creating a reply in an existing thread, or are you also not able to create a thread?

Edited by wpcoe

Unable to start new thread with any browser.. 

Turned off my adblocker this morning.. If I try to start a thread.. This is what I see.. Thats chrome (adblock turned off) or firefox or opera without blockers. 

No way to start a new thread to report this. 

thaivisa.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

When you scroll down to members online and click on see full list,is there a privacy setting so every member cannot see what site your visiting?

There used to be an option on signing in that you could click to be anonymous (so not listed in the members who are online) but that option has long gone, and No idea when it's coming back.

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Unable to start new thread with any browser.. 

Turned off my adblocker this morning.. If I try to start a thread.. This is what I see.. Thats chrome (adblock turned off) or firefox or opera without blockers. 

No way to start a new thread to report this. 

thaivisa.jpg

I am in the same boat , cannot start topic in Forum admin. or other sub forums. I too also tried to post my complaint to admin , in the end I gave up. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, MJCM said:

Just found out that under Notification Settings (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/notifications/options/

The following 2 options were turned on

Automatically Follow New Content I post

Automatically Follow Content I reply to

Previously they were turned off

Thanks for that. I knew there had to be a way to fix it, didn't know where.

14 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Also, are you saying "me too" just for creating a reply in an existing thread, or are you also not able to create a thread?

Sorry - I meant unable to add a smiley to my post.

But can today, default_clap2.gif

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

How do you get 2 billion "Likes"?

It is actually 2 to the power 31, minus 1.  sad.gif  It is the largest positive value for a 32-bit signed integer.

I've tried many times to add one more so that it rolls over either to zero or to minus 2,147,483,647. But it doesn't work. The clever s*d has fixed it!  biggrin.gif

It is also called the eighth Mersenne prime: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2147483647_(number)

19 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

They will return, just after I understand who changed what last night and make it so we can make new topics.

TD

Ok, smileys have returned but the 'page up arrow' has disappeared again.