So what do you think of ThaiVisa's new design?

Fabricus

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here I found the thread that will be my favorite for the coming days :D

The design/looks are fine, speed is good on the normal website.

The rest is searching and trying to find the known functionality.

What surprises me: a single ENTER on the keyboard does a double line feed like this

... that was a single ENTER.

Why that?
If I use Shift-ENTER it is condensed like these two lines?

Intended?

Slow (and all the ads aren't in yet), cluttered and way too bulky on the mobile version.  Pretty ordinary in my opinion.  The plain text version for the forums section was much better on the old version. Way to much going on seems pointless. 

9 hours ago, transam said:

Think I am getting toooo old to understand stuff..............So far looks crap....Don't understand anything....Need a young bloke to come and show me stuff..............

Hah, if one could only hope the new design would send that old guard packing.

You will be well familiar with everything by this time tomorrow. Especially at the rate you poat and up for a lost weekend. Let's no forget the upcoming booze ban, the new site should be heaving.

Theres a lot of white now...lol. 

I appreciate that the ads arent in my face....in fact im not seeing any.....yet....how strange. 

Like most things tech, the more you use the new forum the more intuitive it will get. 

Also appreciate that logging out doesnt take me to a damn youtube page  

cheerz

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

So here I found the thread that will be my favorite for the coming days :D

The design/looks are fine, speed is good on the normal website.

The rest is searching and trying to find the known functionality.

What surprises me: a single ENTER on the keyboard does a double line feed like this

... that was a single ENTER.

Why that?
If I use Shift-ENTER it is condensed like these two lines?

Intended?

Given that is standard for most text editors, I'd say yes.

36 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Hah, if one could only hope the new design would send that old guard packing.

You will be well familiar with everything by this time tomorrow. Especially at the rate you poat and up for a lost weekend. Let's no forget the upcoming booze ban, the new site should be heaving.

But will it send tedious bores like you packing?

My browser is the "standard browser" that comes with Android.  The screen showing the threads is an absolute mess! Each word of the thread topic is on a separate line.

Once I click on a thread, the thread itself is readable.

I have a number of Android devices and they all have this same problem.  Google's Android is a fairly popular OS, so TV had better repair this problem or risk losing many folks. 

I'm admittedly old-fashioned when it comes to IT stuff (dependable 24x7 working IT being my job it might contribute to my being wary of anything too new) but I have to say that I hate this new design, the main reason being that it's way too aggressive to my tired and ageing eyes. Wayyyy too white and with sharp contrasted colors. I admittedly do have some vision issues so my main screen is a 19" 4/3 monitor in 1024x768 mode. This is the only way I can browse comfortably and without glasses on. The new design plain and simple doesn't work on this setup. The only way to make it (hardly) usable is to keep the browser in full-screen mode. So much wasted screen real estate for this white eyesore background... :blink: is this to please the expats who miss snowstorms very much? And of course, no choice of themes (I'm sure that Invision supports them).

The "new contents" view is much less structured than before, making it hard to keep what contents come from what section.

Overall a disgrace as far as I am concerned, which will undoubtedly cause me to participate much less (not that anyone cares, I know).

The good news is, it's changed before and will change again.

i can vaguely remember the days when we used feathers and ink to write stuff down and carrier pigeons delivered the messages overnight.

i am sure this will come together when the upgrade is finished.

On a related item, does anyone know why I'm no longer getting ,my "Daily New Posts" email and my individual emails for topics to which I've subscribed?

Does one need to re-activate anything or is it a case of waiting for the update work to finish?

12 hours ago, neverdie said:

Looking good TVF.  I was wondering now that you've spent so many baht upgrading the place if you would increase my pay level per post, haven't had a rise since the 1960ies !

Nor has your grammar, spelling and punctuation. Payment by results, brother, payment by results. :P

Font is small and hard to read on my tablet, was never an issue before .