Pokemon Go is finally released in Thailand and across Southeast Asia

rooster59

Pokemon Go is finally released in Thailand and across Southeast Asia

BY JONATHAN FAIRFIELD

thailand-flag-650x336.jpg

Pokemon Go, the ground breaking mobile app that has broken records across the world is now available to download from Google Play and the iOS App Store for users in Thailand.

The app, which was first launched in Australia, New Zealand and the United States on July 6th, is available to download for Thai based users from official app stores for the first time.

Full story: http://tech.thaivisa.com/pokemon-go-is-finally-released-in-thailand/16375/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-06

3 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

A new excuse for being involved in a traffic collision,  the road was wet,  the brakes failed,  I was playing Pokemon Go.

I saw a guy texting on his phone riding a m/c last night.

5 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

All too common I'm afraid and behind the wheel too.

Like Thais need yet another reason to stare into their phones.  I saw some infographic the other day that said that Thais spend more time on their phones while on holiday (average of 4 hours a day) than any other nationality.  Facebook's fastest growing market in Asia is Thailand.  It would be one thing if they were so intense they were constantly working but it's just mindless BS.  Anything to avoid thinking or paying attention to the real world.  

yep, I just got sent a screenshot of it working and my gf said everyone at the university were playing Pokemon Go now

personally, I don't care that much for it, it's not much of a "game"

would be great if people started walking more but I don't see that happening, it will most likely be the "while on motorbike" Pokemon Go

just give it a few hours and we'll start seeing the very real repercussions in the news.

22 minutes ago, kekalot said:

just give it a few hours and we'll start seeing the very real repercussions in the news.

I can see the headlines already

Woman killed while following Pokemon into traffic

10 University students die after falling onto BTS tracks chasing Pokemon

Bus driver veers into on another oncoming bus trying to catch Pokemon killing 75 people

In the US they had a few robberies because I guess you can lure people to a location where thieves were waiting.  

Just now, digibum said:

I can see the headlines already

Woman killed while following Pokemon into traffic

10 University students die after falling onto BTS tracks chasing Pokemon

Bus driver veers into on another oncoming bus trying to catch Pokemon killing 75 people

In the US they had a few robberies because I guess you can lure people to a location where thieves were waiting.  

you are right, you pay a few coins for a lure, (that's the actual name) drop it somewhere remote and if anyone is around they can see it on the GPS .. not sure from how far you can see the lures tho.

I'm going to attempt to use this to make the gf walk more, she already spends too much time on her phone with the useless instagram/facebook likes nonsense.

1 minute ago, kekalot said:

I'm going to attempt to use this to make the gf walk more, she already spends too much time on her phone with the useless instagram/facebook likes nonsense.

Are you insane?  How will the world know what she eats if she spends less time on Facebook and Instagram?  You'll throw the entire planet into a blackhole.  

Joking, obviously.  I anger my wife to no end when she is on Facebook and I grab her phone and say, "Oh my god, look at what Jeab ate today.  How many likes did she get?  Baby, you have to post something quick so you can get likes.  You haven't posted anything in 12 hours.  People must think you're starving to death because who can eat a meal without photographing it and telling the world?"

Yeah, I'm an a-hole but it's made her more self-conscious about posting food photos so, really, I don't care if I'm an a-hole.    

As I pay my kids mobile bills I have an app installed on their phones that prevents them downloading anything I don't approve of which includes all games. Needless to say they aren't playing Pokeman Go. The app also allows for some spying but I'm not interested in using those features, it is just about limiting the zombie effect.

I fear driving here may now become even more dangerous...