Colonel Winthai: Referendum is not a “win or lose” contest

snoop1130

799_NCPO-wpcf_728x410.jpg

The August 7 referendum on the draft constitution is a process through which the country will move forward in accordance with the roadmap and not a contest to determine which side is winning or losing, said Colonel Winthai Suvaree, spokesman of the National Council for Peace and Order, on Wednesday.

The result of the referendum reflects the aspiration of the people that all sides of the political divide must respect, said the colonel who, however, noted that there are some political elements who have been trying to paint the referendum result as a loss for democratic system.

Such distorted perception will put the country in a standstill and may make people feel bored with politics, he added.

The NCPO spokesman said he doubted the negative opinion voiced by the European Union regarding the unofficial result of the referendum which, he noted, might stem from superficial information they had received about the situation in Thailand.

For the past two years, he insisted that both the government and the NCPO had strictly followed the political roadmap and will continue to do so “as the ultimate objective is to bring about the utmost benefits for the country and its people.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/colonel-winthai-referendum-not-win-lose-contest/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-10

"...may make people feel bored with politics..."

Dear Colonel Spokesman, YOU overflow with propaganda. How on earth can people possibly be bored with politics when the junta outlawed it two years ago?

What they are bored with is YOU, the junta, and its draconian control of this country!

"The NCPO spokesman said he doubted the negative opinion voiced by the European Union regarding the unofficial result of the referendum which, he noted, might stem from superficial information they had received about the situation in Thailand."

Or highly accurate, well informed opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

"The NCPO spokesman said he doubted the negative opinion voiced by the European Union regarding the unofficial result of the referendum which, he noted, might stem from superficial information they had received about the situation in Thailand."

Personally, I think anyone like this guy and his mate, who are paid to tell lies and make things appear other than how they are are one of the lowest forms of life whoever they work for.

This guy is one of the most dishonest people I've ever heard of outside of the circle of his bosses. He deserves to be in prison for the lies he has told the Thai people. Detritus in the guise of a human being.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Some paint this as a loss for the democratic system.

Well he right there. There's the democratic outspoken people on both sides of politics the ones who were denied a voice and the ones who were just plain intimidated.

Then there's the UN and the rest of the countries who have voiced their opinions on the loss of democracy but that somehow gets lost in translation .

12 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

He's correct, it's lose-lose for the general population. Countdown for next coup has already started.

Next coup will be a silent coup. With no clear majority (PT) in the lower house, parliament will be in constant dispute resulting in a no confidence motion. Together with the majority of appointed senators, the government will be ousted and in step a non-elected PM.

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Next coup will be a silent coup. With no clear majority (PT) in the lower house, parliament will be in constant dispute resulting in a no confidence motion. Together with the majority of appointed senators, the government will be ousted and in step a non-elected PM.

I hope not Eric. For the sake of the Thai people, a silent coup won't do anything. A very violent kickass coup to get rid of the interlopers is what is necessary. Soldiers need to understand that if they do not submit to an elected government instead of some spaghetti monster in the sky, then many of them will die for their cause and good riddance.

Soldiers need to be afraid of killing and oppressing the people they are paid to protect. Wishy-washy 'Thainess' just won't do, that's been the reason why Thais keep having coups. No disincentive to topple an elected government and it might work so hey...

More than anything else, people need to understand exactly why Thailand has so many coups... and the reasons are not pretty.

Winnie

13 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Makes you wonder why they banned contrary opinions then really...

Winnie

Its not win or lose its a "win win" 

55 minutes ago, Winniedapu said:

More than anything else, people need to understand exactly why Thailand has so many coups... and the reasons are not pretty.

Thailand scholars claimed that the numerous number of coups has led to a "coup culture" where the people now deem acceptable for the military to overthrow the government. Coups have are so normal that the citizens don't feel compelled to find other way to resolved political conflict. Some blame must go to the political parties for not able to represent the people nationwide. Countries that are wealthy and better educated or highly dictatorial seldom have coups. Also in Thailand there is always a stabilizing force and his presence allows for a sense of continuity and stability. It also adds fear and unknown when he is gone.     

13 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Personally, I think anyone like this guy and his mate, who are paid to tell lies and make things appear other than how they are are one of the lowest forms of life whoever they work for.

This guy is one of the most dishonest people I've ever heard of outside of the circle of his bosses. He deserves to be in prison for the lies he has told the Thai people. Detritus in the guise of a human being.

Winnie

Steady on Winnie, the chap has two rows of medals, a GBFO set of para wings and what I think is a Combat Infantryman's Badge.

He must have done some serious soldiering to collect that little lot.

Can't for the life of me think where, but I'm sure they are well deserved. Chap's probably a hero or something.

37 minutes ago, JAG said:

Steady on Winnie, the chap has two rows of medals, a GBFO set of para wings and what I think is a Combat Infantryman's Badge.

Can't for the life of me think where, but I'm sure they are well deserved. Chap's probably a hero or something.

A clown is what he is. Same as the rest of them.

Being self-impressed is not the same as being impressive.

Winnie

1 hour ago, Winniedapu said:

A clown is what he is. Same as the rest of them.

Being self-impressed is not the same as being impressive.

Winnie

He will impressed the Eastern Tiger generals and will be not far away from getting his general rank and commander of the 1st Army. Loyalty and subservient to the order will serve him well for the future.  

16 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Makes you wonder why they banned contrary opinions then really...

Winnie

Win or loose really. The outcome of the referendum was almost guaranteed with no right of  discussion and the flooding of the countryside with I think was students to "interpret" it government style. Its was like sitting at a poker table and everybody knows your holding a losing hand. The Colonel sounds like a condesending uncle reassuring us all is well. Yes if you look at it from the governments viewpoint all is well. 

Edited by elgordo38

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

If it's an accurate and well informed opinion coming out of the EU it''ll be the first!

Who made the comments? The EU Parliament, those two old German Federalists who invited YL to Europe then had a jaunty trip here, or perhaps one of President Juncke's army of bureaucrats? 

Sorry, but these days the EU is hardly a bastion of democracy. As the German Finance Minister said "elections must not be allowed to change things". The French Foreign Minister put forward the very democratic idea that the idea of ever closer federal union should be tested with a EU wide vote to test the wishes of the people - no one applauded or supported him.  Now having stated they would only deal with the UK government, and only talk on a formal basis, ruling out informal talks,  only after Article 50 has been triggered, what do they do - hold informal talks in Germany with the egotistical wannabee world leader Sturgeon. Hypocrisy and bare faced liars.

So believe anything they say at your own risk.

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

If it's an accurate and well informed opinion coming out of the EU it''ll be the first!

Who made the comments? The EU Parliament, those two old German Federalists who invited YL to Europe then had a jaunty trip here, or perhaps one of President Juncke's army of bureaucrats? 

Sorry, but these days the EU is hardly a bastion of democracy. As the German Finance Minister said "elections must not be allowed to change things". The French Foreign Minister put forward the very democratic idea that the idea of ever closer federal union should be tested with a EU wide vote to test the wishes of the people - no one applauded or supported him.  Now having stated they would only deal with the UK government, and only talk on a formal basis, ruling out informal talks,  only after Article 50 has been triggered, what do they do - hold informal talks in Germany with the egotistical wannabee world leader Sturgeon. Hypocrisy and bare faced liars.

So believe anything they say at your own risk.

I'll take the EU's views any day over this spokesman. 

Edited by Bluespunk

6 hours ago, JAG said:

You really should check what other armed services award medal ribbons and badges for. Each have their own differences.

Still, it does get ludicrous. Remember when Yingluck and her little lad were pictured sporting some in their new white jackets!

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

You really should check what other armed services award medal ribbons and badges for. Each have their own differences.

Still, it does get ludicrous. Remember when Yingluck and her little lad were pictured sporting some in their new white jackets!

You're probably right. Mine are all for being first in the Naafi queue at various locations over a couple of fun filled decades. Not that I have that many - the chap blowing his whistle and flapping his paws outside Big C has a more impressive collection.

Mind you, I did have to jump out of an aeroplane 9 times to get my parachute "lightbulb"! Most of those here wearing parachute wings haven't done that!