Hat Yai lawyer shoots love rival three times and waits for police to arrive

webfact

If only the other man had had a gun too. We should all have lots of guns. Anyways, if the other man could have shot the lawyer in the balls then in both kneecaps and shot a few other people to boot. We need more and more guns for a peaceful world. Guns for  a piece and peace.

3 hours ago, captspectre said:

Thai males will not fight man to man unless there are three of four to one! it is just a plain fact that thai males fighting hand to hand one on one is extremly rare!

The problem is that a guy might get his hair messed up, his shirt wrinkled, or shoes scuffed. His teeth could be damaged, and his face may get a scratch. 

Not worth the risk. Better pull out a .38 and drop a cap in a guy at a safe distance.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Silly thing to do. Now he will be locked up so neither man gets to enjoy the girl.

Lawyer maybe but sensible man, no way.

Not even a smart lawyer - just another dumbass with a gun!

7 hours ago, Inn Between said:

He'll be alright. He's knows the system -- an apology in case it might have affected tourism and the claim he was drunk. Pay the victim a bit of money and life goes on as if nothing happened. 

The victim was driving a Fortuner (sign of wealth) ; it is going to take more than a few baht I predict. The lawyer better pray the victims doesn't survive so he can settle up with relatives.

I'd sure like to see a photo or two of the girlfriend, she must be a real looker. The victim was probably harassing the girlfriend and she was afraid he'd beat her to a pulp, go that the lawyer saved her from that fate. Lots going on there that we are not privy to.

Edited by IAMHERE
correct a gramatical error and add the second paragraph to show I have an imagination.

Some posts containing overly generalizations toward Thais have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

7 hours ago, Inn Between said:

He'll be alright. He's knows the system -- an apology in case it might have affected tourism and the claim he was drunk. Pay the victim a bit of money and life goes on as if nothing happened. 

Well they say love is blind.

As soon as face is lost, then Thais can not see anymore.

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

The victim was driving a Fortuner (sign of wealth) ; it is going to take more than a few baht I predict. The lawyer better pray the victims doesn't survive so he can settle up with relatives.

I'd sure like to see a photo or two of the girlfriend, she must be a real looker. The victim was probably harassing the girlfriend and she was afraid he'd beat her to a pulp, go that the lawyer saved her from that fate. Lots going on there that we are not privy to.

Yes. A lot of posters seem to have missed this. The ex-boyfriend in the Fortuner just happened to be there at the motorbike repair shop at the same time. Give me a break.

To those who say that you shouldn't fight over a woman, I agree, but it's not always possible to walk away.

Losing Face, Taking offence and false entitlement.  Of course he had the right to shoot him.  He made him lose face by cuckolding him!   The fact that he probably had 2 or 3 other gf's on the go himself has nothing to do with it.Yes Happens all over the world but seems to be the national obsession worse than soccer or thai boxing.

What did he tell his wife?

21 hours ago, 55Jay said:

BiB seem pretty relaxed having a chat with a guy who just blew another guy away.  Interesting the Thairath reporter went out of his/her way to mention the victim was driving a Fortuner. 

"unfortunertly" for him

23 hours ago, Inn Between said:

yep.  will claim he was drunk, under stress, the other guy's behavior was bad and that is what justified his anger, etc.  Small payout to the victim's family and all is done.  Sad but often true

20 hours ago, Alive said:

If only the other man had had a gun too. We should all have lots of guns. Anyways, if the other man could have shot the lawyer in the balls then in both kneecaps and shot a few other people to boot. We need more and more guns for a peaceful world. Guns for  a piece and peace.

Seems to work in America! :facepalm::whistling::whistling: