Surprise-New Retirement Ext. Requirement in Phuket

8 minutes ago, xvend said:

so it was ok to cheat before? Commit fraud?

The laws have not changed, They're just checking more thoroughly now.

Lot's of people in Phuket are screwed now and an easy detection method is once a nice person turns into a complete A-hole. Visa problems 99.9%

Why have you changed this thread about a new requirement for retirement extensions into "so it was ok to cheat before? Commit fraud?"?

Nobody else is talking about cheating or committing fraud - only about yet another (pointless) additional requirement.

Incidentally, having lived in the same rented house for a number of years - neither my landlord I were concerned about a new contract being given every year.  Consequently, it turned into a problem for me when a the latest contract/copy of landlord's ID card were suddenly demanded as my landlord lives in Bangkok.

• Like 1

1. I was on extns based on marriage prior to reaching 50. One year my photos were questioned because only one child was present and not the two. "Who do you think took the photograph!" said I through gritted teeth....

2. Samui immigration office is moving on 19th and has published a linear map re their new location enabling users to find them. They on the other hand have to produce a sattelite photo, map and GPS coordinates per annum enabling imm to find them!

The only consistency seems to be the inconsistency! :)

Edited by evadgib

5 hours ago, xvend said:

did you read the part about dodgy documentation? Non -b and retirement visa holders in Phuket are under severe scrutiny.

This is a fact.

Many Retirement visa holders in Phuket are no longer allowed to have their visa agents to season the money for them. They are checking everything.

The non-b people are having immigration show up to their offices to find no one there in PHUKET. Ghost employees.

Unless my own 2 eyes are confused, please tell me differently in Phuket.

In the past 2 years

UJ was not questioning the "scrutiny" claim. You said "everybody is freaking out because they are only getting 90 day extensions, instead of 1 year."

If someone with "dodgy documentation" applies for a retirement extension the application would normally be rejected and not issued with 90 days.

3 hours ago, xvend said:

you cant pay somchai 20 baht to include your whole family in the photo?

If they were that suspicious, they can and will visit your home.

Does not add up at all, sorry.

Suspicion?

Here's mine-They were looking for a bung!

• Like 1