Tax documents for motor bike

deep123

Hi,

I bought a used/second hand motor bike (Honda Click ) last march from a shop in Chonburi. The lady told me that she will mail me the tax/insurance documents once recieved.

So I handed over the passport and visa copies to her. Till now I didn't received anything from her side, whenever I call her she says "not received yet/its not in her hands call next month and so on"

What is the next step I can do? I dont have any documents with me. I f I go directly to transport office for road tax what all documents I need to submit?

TIA

Firstly if you don't have a green book for the bike with your name in it...then you don't own the bike.

however ( not being in your name ) doesn't stop you being able to pay tax for it

If the bike is over 5 years old it will need to be "tested for road worthiness"  and a certificate issued  before you can

buy compulsory insurance and then pay the tax..I have heard that a copy of the green book is sufficient

but don't know how that can work because the tax details are supposed to be entered into the green book every year by the DLT.