Where to buy epsom salts?

Smithson

The Thai word is "taa glua," or "[something] salt." It's sold in bulk generic bags at many of the traditional shophouse pharmacies around Thailand.  The fancy places like Boots, Watsons, etc. don't carry it.  Maybe check out a hospital pharmacy too.

I bought my supply from the pharmacy next to the gas station on Sukhumvit and soi 4 (soi Nana).

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:43 PM, tifino said:

a Pharmacy, or if you can find a tradional Chinese medicine shop.

have you googled 'epsom salt thai'  ?

check that ajarn forum...

i pay 60 baht a bag they say 'gua gee' at the medicin shop, excellent for  person nervous system and sexy flower matters also for all kind of trees   

59 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Can anyone give the Thai script for Epsom salts, I tried pronouncing it to my wife and she couldn't understand. Thanks

ดีเกลือไทย            . ดีเกลือไทย มีสูตรทางเคมีว่า Na2SO4 ดีเกลือชนิดที่เป็นเกลือซัลเฟตของโซเดียม หรือเรียกง่ายๆว่า "โซเดียมซัลเฟต" มีลักษณะเป็นผงสีขาว ไม่มีกลิ่น มีรสเค็มจัดจนขม มีคุณสมบัติเป็นยาถ่ายพิษเสมหะและโลหิต ถ่ายอุจจาระ ถ่ายพรรดึก (อ่านว่า พัน-ระ-ดึก คือชื่อที่ใช้เรียกโรคทางแผนโบราณชนิดหนึ่งที่เกิดจากการที่มีอาหารคั่งค้างอยู่ภายในท้อง ทำให้เกิด อาการท้องผูกอย่างแรง ผู้ป่วยจะมีอุจจาระที่แข็งมาก และมีลักษณะเป็นเม็ดๆ คล้ายกันกับมูลแพะ) ทำให้เส้นเอ็นหย่อน     

Edited by evilebxxx

• 8 years later...
On 9/9/2016 at 5:48 PM, Jingthing said:

In Pattaya --

The Chinese traditional medicine shop on Pattaya Tai not far from the Fascino sells it. But it's not cheap as it's not popular in Thailand. 

OK this thread is old, bit lost Expensive ?  I asked in my local Pharmacy yesterday 500g = 10 baht per bag...

I was told may help Diabetic foot pain much worse in bed. add some Epsom Salts to warm water and soak feet for 15 mins B4 bed

Is there different types of Epsom Salts ??