PM wants boat service in Klong Padung to be improved

webfact

PM wants boat service in Klong Padung to be improved

image-3-wpcf_728x409.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has wanted the boat service in Klong Padung Krungkasem, initially operated by the City Hall free of charge, to be improved for the convenience of boat commuters.

Government spokesman Maj-Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd assessment of the boat service during the past seven days showed that there are some limitations which need to be fixed, such as not enough boats, some piers are not in good working conditions especially to respond to the needs of the disabled and that the boats must slow down the speed in area where Klong Padung Krungkasem intersects with Klong Saensaeb where a speed boat service is in operational.

He said the prime minister thanked the city administration for initiating the free boat service and promised support for the project.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-wants-boat-service-klong-padung-improved/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-12

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Scooping up the turds floating in that particular canal would be a nice touch.

I don't know how passengers can stand the stench from the deck of a boat.  It's nasty enough just walking over the bridges.

Even on those big riverboats you get riverwater in your face all the time...i wonder how many tourists get sick from that.

This boat is very narrow and low,  i won't use it.