Many emoticons gone, only me?

KhunBENQ

It gets worse and I am out of ideas why I don't see all emoticons.

Any ideas?

emoticons1.jpg

EDIT:

Seems I just found a workaround.

Closed site.

In Firefox (48.0.2) show complete history, right click on a Thaivisa entry, forget complete website.

(not sure about the terms in English)

Open Thaivisa and sign in.

:):D:P:lol::facepalm:;):thumbsup:

Case closed for now.

Be aware that "forgetting" may have unwanted side effects (settings gone, "my streams"?).

Maybe someone else experiences a similar problem.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Tranny,

I get them all on Chrome Version 53.0.2785.116 m.

Shame I'm on a one man crusade against the use of emoticons...  Kind of a pointless crusade, isn't it?

Yep.....:crazy:

I us them so folk don't get confused with my written words and get the wrong end of the stick...It usually keeps me out of trouble too with the big stick, not always though...:lol:

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Yep.....

I us them so folk don't get confused with my written words and get the wrong end of the stick...It usually keeps me out of trouble too with the big stick, not always though...

It wasn't so bad when there were only a dozen or so to choose from.  But nowadays, it takes longer to look for just the right emoticon than to think of the right word(s).  In a few years, there will be more emoticons than words.

And try slinging emoticons in a heated meeting room discussion at work.  I need practice with my words for those occasions.  I've been living in Asia so long I'm losing a lot of my words.

Edited by impulse

3 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Of course they work, if they didn't, I would not have posted.  :guitar:

At my end half are missing, they have just the outline of a square so I don't know what they are....Yes I do have....:guitar:.......but l don't have the simple smile one which l use a lot....Am not fibbing...:lol:

I can't get the problem with the "emoticon popup" under control.

If I right-click on one of the blanked emoticons and select "show graphic"(?) I get an XML file with two "access denied" entries.

Testing, inserting emoticons by their links:

(...assets.thaivisa.com/forum/theme/emoticons/...)

default_angry.gifdefault_bah.gifdefault_biggrin.pngdefault_blink.pngdefault_cheesy.gifdefault_clap2.gifdefault_closedeyes.gifdefault_cool.pngdefault_dry.pngdefault_ermm.gifdefault_gigglem.gifdefault_happy.pngdefault_laugh.pngdefault_rolleyes.gifdefault_thumbsup.gifdefault_tongue.pngdefault_whistling.gifdefault_wink.png

Some of the emoticons in my OP above "case closed" are gone again (converted to text like :D)

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

This is what I am seeing when I open the Emoticon Window

emotic1.JPG

This doesn't look oke to me.

That is what I have been trying to point out and l am deemed........:crazy:.....Well I know I am but my emicons ain't there for many...But I am still.........:crazy:........Dee ma..........

Now I don't feel to alone anymore default_biggrin.png

(the emoticon inserted by copy/paste from post #18 (where I used links to the icons instead of this popup thing).

What disturbs me also: today I first time saw an advanced edit mode with additional attributes, font and size selector. The new SW still offers surprises.

EDIT: open post with "Edit".

Advanced edit mode gone default_blink.png.

editmode.jpg

editmode1.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

@MJCM

@transam

Can you verify what happens when you right click on those "blanked" icons in the popup and select the menu item to display the graphic?

That's what I get:

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>709C2BD99CDD0DB0</RequestId><HostId>HD1AFS2nKDXIQmkqBi6Sys5h8oFEIEVJKqzKrD/aN4+TPfazOSipDqjGEf6Jzq25zu6s+fE9shA=</HostId></Error>

@KhunBENQ

I get this error message when I right click the Icon and select "View Image"

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code>
  <Message>Access Denied</Message>
  <RequestId>223FA24212A41935</RequestId>
  <HostId>CpWQUs6pc4iuIbuySHMTQiIrIfEQYkDi1osYjqKGrBg5EoL74YF0ejuKOnCImVqWtEc5XpZB1nk=</HostId>
</Error>

So same error message

Edited by MJCM