Silpakorn apologizes for 'shameless and irresponsible' Sieg-Heiling students

webfact

its a definite worry when university students have the brains of a 10 year old, they still dress in micky/minnie mouse clothes as well as all the other childhood cartoon characters, their is no maturity about them at all. University students in Thailand are a complete joke in most cases and it is the thai teaching standards that cause it, most should never have been given the marks to even attend a university, they would have failed in any other country. All this does is show everyone else how bad they really are

As with most things done by young people, drawing attention to it /making a fuss only serves to heighten their interest. Ignore it and eventually it will go away: they will move on to some other fleeting fad/fascination. Tacky but they are clueless about the level of offense this could cause.

The NAZI themed restaurant in Bandung is a case in point: while the owner was making some political points about confronting the past, its clientele was there because it was trendy. Now closed and they have taken up some other theme.

5 minutes ago, petedk said:

Maybe you are right, but a few days ago I was talking to some Thai students (from different schools) about Hitler. Several of them said something like this:"I read about Hitler in school. He was a great leader in Europe, but I can't remember which country."

Who on earth told them that he was a great leader?

Exactly my point. They have heard about him but dont know the core of the story. They have limited understanding of history if its non-thaikand related.... i gave up explaining educated (sic) thai the bare essentials of modern history.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Some posts in violation of the above have been removed, maybe more will be removed. 

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Wow…some folks usually lose it over harmless star drawings….this episode would drive them catatonic. :whistling:

Foul baiting. 

That's a big load of cowpuckey which you've posted about in an OFF TOPIC way on countless posts.  

The "harmless" star drawing you keep referring to was in the trump for U.S. president campaign that was retweeted from a white supremacist, neo-Nazi website in the context of a classic Jew hating trope (piles of money). Actual Nazis are not naive ignorant people like the Thai youth that have not been educated about Nazis. Actual Nazis and actual Jew haters know exactly what Nazi symbols and Hitler images represent. 

Thai youth embarrassing themselves because they think it looks cool are nothing like that. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

Thank you.  From WW2 Nazi now hiding in SE Asia?  Too many Mossad running around in Argentina these days?  :rolleyes:

Well there is a fellow riding a motorbike around Chiang Rai with his flowing aryan locks encased in one of those German WW2 Stahlhelm Motorcycle helmets, painted black and complete with the Waffen SS transfers.

I haven't managed to accidently knock him off yet. Give me time....

He got quite angry when I took a photo of him when he pulled up alongside me at the traffic lights lat year.

Edited by JAG

"Silpakorn University announced it would investigate students who recently dressed as German Nazis and Chinese Red Guards and apologized for the incident. "

Shouldn't the students involved be doing the apologizing...or...would that bring loss of face to their families?

One more example of lack of personal responsibility in the LOS.

Edited by jaltsc

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Foul baiting. 

That's a big load of cowpuckey which you've posted about in an OFF TOPIC way on countless posts.  

The "harmless" star drawing you keep referring to was in the trump for U.S. president campaign that was retweeted from a white supremacist, neo-Nazi website in the context of a classic Jew hating trope (piles of money). Actual Nazis are not naive ignorant people like the Thai youth that have not been educated about Nazis. Actual Nazis and actual Jew haters know exactly what Nazi symbols and Hitler images represent. 

Thai youth embarrassing themselves because they think it looks cool are nothing like that. 

Ah, there you are….lol.

Calm down man, its just drawings and cosplay.

Just now, JHolmesJr said:

Ah, there you are….lol.

Calm down man, its just drawings and cosplay.

Whatever you say, dude. 

Actually I think the large spike in racist and anti-semitic hate speech on the internet is concerning. 

Thai kids dressing silly not knowing what they do ... not so concerning. 

9 hours ago, Alive said:

I'll agree about the Nazis but you could say the same about dressing as a Roman or Greek I would think. Every empire has abused people and murdered people. And I am sure that anything Israeli bothers a hell of a lot of Arabs who've seen lives lost and land lost to Israelis. The media and movies make people keep ideas in their minds. Show more about the abuses of the Roman's and Greek's and we will ban their letters and images too. Whatever. It's all seems like hypocrisy to me.

BS. 

8 hours ago, hansnl said:

On the other hand, the number of lives lost all over the world because of the arab terrorists is of course of no consequence

Please be so kind d to do some research before spouting arab lies.

Hard to believe but I find your post as repugnant as the one you responded to. 

7 hours ago, returnofthailand said:

what s the problem. he made fun of Hitler.
even a prince in UK did same.

Hitler is burning in hell.

And was rightly castigated as an unthinking idiot for dressing as a representative of a hate fuelled, racist movement of murdering scum. 

16 hours ago, Alive said:

I'll agree about the Nazis but you could say the same about dressing as a Roman or Greek I would think. Every empire has abused people and murdered people. And I am sure that anything Israeli bothers a hell of a lot of Arabs who've seen lives lost and land lost to Israelis. The media and movies make people keep ideas in their minds. Show more about the abuses of the Roman's and Greek's and we will ban their letters and images too. Whatever. It's all seems like hypocrisy to me.

Anti-semetism rearing its ugly head again. Typical lefty reply detracting from the relevant issue. 

Edited by teacherpaul

15 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Why does the University have to apologise? These pathetic juveniles should have been given the option to apolgise themselves or face expulsion.

Uni trying to dodge any suggestion of responsibility I suppose.

SOP in Thailand.

19 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Where do they get their ideas from as teaching international history isn't a big issue here and as you pointed out Thai history is carefully sanitized. How many Thais know much, if anything about WWII as it affected / involved their own country ?

I presume  you only watch Lakorn and other infantile shows on Thai TV.  Its time to discover one of the many other programs on Thai TV  channels aout history, geography , art  and lifestyle programs.

Just now, henry15 said:

I presume  you only watch Lakorn and other infantile shows on Thai TV.  Its time to discover one of the many other programs on Thai TV  channels aout history, geography , art  and lifestyle programs.

You presume wrong as I have no interest in Thai TV.

On 20/09/2016 at 8:40 PM, JAG said:

Well there is a fellow riding a motorbike around Chiang Rai with his flowing aryan locks encased in one of those German WW2 Stahlhelm Motorcycle helmets, painted black and complete with the Waffen SS transfers.

Obviously a member of the 2nd SS Panzer Division "Das C U Next Thursday"

Edited by mca

I don't find it a big problem really , we all know they are not real nazis , if I went to a costume ball I would not react to it.   I am more worried about students do not learn anything about history and world war II at school .

They do not have a clue , but then if you ask them who the Beatles or Elvis were they would also be clueless.