Computer Restart

bonsaimax

Playing videos using Windows Media, Real PLayer and Winamp makes the computer reboot itself. Only VLC media player seems to work. Just did a reformat of C:. It says there's an error with nVidia. It's a new machine with an ASUS En7300 GS VGA card.

Shoul I uninstall and reinstall the VGA driver?

Playing videos using Windows Media, Real PLayer and Winamp makes the computer reboot itself. Only VLC media player seems to work. Just did a reformat of C:. It says there's an error with nVidia. It's a new machine with an ASUS En7300 GS VGA card.

Shoul I uninstall and reinstall the VGA driver?

Reinstall all the drivers for your video software. 90% of the time this is a driver issue. Also make sure you have the correct motherboard chipset drivers.

What version of Windows is it?

What version of Winamp and RP are you using?

I'll assume WindowsXP here.

Go to My Computer, right click, and choose manage.

Open Event Viewer and look at the Application and System sections. If you do this after the reboot there should be a red ERROR message near the top of the list. Look at the top few and it should say what failed and caused the reboot (XP reboots automaticly when it senses a crash). If you are using XP you should see a link to click that will take you to Microsoft's troubleshooting site and an info page about the particular error.